Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk: Episode 5 - Management Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I don't think their guesses are random. Since day one of the season, everyone has been saying how much better Tkachuk would be if he was stronger on his feet. This was a consistent critique of his all season long. He then proceeded to commit to three months of training with the best guy in the business at keeping players on their feet. I don't know how old you are, but I remember when Crosby came back from training camp with Gary Roberts, and he just turned into a complete beast.

The fact that Slovakia is relatively poor being a more likely explanation than wanting to improve as a hockey player, especially when you're considered the most important forward on your team... THAT is random. Is there any quotes from Tkachuk or any other NHLer saying that Slovakia is too poor to want to play an international tournament in? Athletes went to Greece, China, Russia for the Olympics. They went to Poland and Ukraine for the Euro Cup. I just don't see the connection.

EDIT - For example, my friends invited me to go to Vegas while I had exams. I declined in favour of studying. That doesn't mean I didn't want to go to Vegas, I just set my priorities as personal development over going away to have fun.

So there is nothing to learn or gain from the worlds? I think Roberts camp starts in the summer not now.
Anyway to each their own, you can “hero” up his choice I think he does not want to travel that far to play for no real reason.
It is what it is

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Sounds like. Anyway I would guess mine is closer then the other guesses because he sure isn’t going. He knew the worlds we’re going to happen and he knew the sens would not be in the playoffs if he wanted to go to one of the poorest countries in the EU he would have went.
But by all means if you think one persons random made up guess sounds better than another that’s up to you.
Slag someone for making a "random made up" guess, then do the exact same thing, right in line with the rest of your opinions. Maybe Brady has a nagging injury? That seems much more likely than:

"Nah, why would I want to go to Slovakia, its poor"

Reactions: Mars and Deku

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Slag someone for making a "random made up" guess, then do the exact same thing, right in line with the rest of your opinions. Maybe Brady has a nagging injury? That seems much more likely than:

If it was in Cali you don’t think he might lean more towards going?
I do.
Anyway hurry and rush to the defense of Slovakia. Lol

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

Any idea why so many NHL players are not going this year?

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I'm sure there are some but I dont recall a tone saying their experience at the Worlds was bad.

Generally everyone seems to love it for the fact they play internationally and they get to keep on competing while their NHL season was cut short.

It is basically a holiday with high intensity hockey thrown in.

He could still work out with Roberts all Summer.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
I don't know why but i have a good feeling that once Tkachuk and Norris get put on a line together, that they'll flourish together similar to Debrincat and Strome.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
I don't know why but i have a good feeling that once Tkachuk and Norris get put on a line together, that they'll flourish together similar to Debrincat and Strome.
I really want Tkachuk to play with Brown (and Batherson) next year, as an engine for Brown. When Brown is engaged, he's at his best. Brady should help make that happen.

But as soon as Norris gets up to the big club, I agree. This has to be a thing. Only scenario I would say it won't happen is if we get Byfield next year, then I see Norris moving to the wing with Byfield, Brown, White as the Top 3 C's.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Any idea why so many NHL players are not going this year?
There could be many reasons, nagging injuries that need time to heal, family commitments, potential for injury when they need a contract, ice time ....

Tkachuk with Brown & Batherson would be interesting & potentially Ott top line.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I really want Tkachuk to play with Brown (and Batherson) next year, as an engine for Brown. When Brown is engaged, he's at his best. Brady should help make that happen.

But as soon as Norris gets up to the big club, I agree. This has to be a thing. Only scenario I would say it won't happen is if we get Byfield next year, then I see Norris moving to the wing with Byfield, Brown, White as the Top 3 C's.

I'd kind of like to see Brown and Batherson start as a bottom 6 scoring line to get them some more favourable matchups in the early going. And I think Tkachuk will be in our top 6 for sure to start the year. Maybe put a high energy guy like Formenton on their left wing (if he makes the team)

1. Tkachuk - White - Duclair
2. Balcers - Tierney - Ryan
3a. Smith - Pageau - Veronneau (tougher defensive duties)
3b. Formenton - Brown - Batherson (more offensive opportunities)

is something I'd like to see next year.

Reactions: DrEasy

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Tkachuk, Brown, Batherson could be fun to watch, I hope.

Unfortunately we will still be watching Smith, Boedker, Ryan and possibly Paajarvi/Gibbons too.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I'd kind of like to see Brown and Batherson start as a bottom 6 scoring line to get them some more favourable matchups in the early going. And I think Tkachuk will be in our top 6 for sure to start the year. Maybe put a high energy guy like Formenton on their left wing (if he makes the team)

1. Tkachuk - White - Duclair
2. Balcers - Tierney - Ryan
3a. Smith - Pageau - Veronneau (tougher defensive duties)
3b. Formenton - Brown - Batherson (more offensive opportunities)

is something I'd like to see next year.
Yeah, White looks to me like the best complement to Tkachuk. A well-rounded smart centre. I'd keep Brown with Batherson and maybe Balcers (the killer B's!). Norris should be paired with our speedsters. Chlapik could be our 4th liner, along with Paul.

Our all-prospect offense could look like this, which is not bad at all:

Tkachuk - White - Duclair
Balcers - Brown - Batherson
Formenton - Norris - Veronneau
Paul - Chlapik - Abramov/Davidsson

(leaving out Smith, Ryan, Pageau, Tierney for the purpose of this exercise))

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Lines always change - we will see Chuck Norris at some point but it will also get broken up.

I can’t see a new coach throwing out an all rookie line.

Brown will get an experienced winger who can convert some passes (maybe Ryan?) and Batherson May get our top Center (White?)

I bet we see these pairs (what ever they are) day 1 at training camp.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
So, did Team USA invite Brady to the Worlds and he declined, or did they not invite him at all? It seems odd that they wouldn't at least invite him - after all, they invited Colin White. The kid is only 19 and had a long first pro year, so if they decided that he needed a rest right now I would understand...

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
It takes many months to put on muscle and he needs to build up a lot of muscle. You can only pack on 1-2 lbs of actual muscle (not carb loaded weight gain but lean muscle mass) in a month. Folks that think you can just work out for two months in the summer and be good for a season are mistaken. And he can't gain muscle during the season as the demands on their bodies is too much and they actually have to fight to keep the body mass as most players lose weight during the season.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Yeah.... that's not true.
Yeah, it absolutely is. Anyone telling you otherwise is selling you something.

Go do some research and then come back with how a normal human could actually gain more than 24 lbs of actual LEAN MUSCLE MASS in one year. I believe anabolic steroids or HGH will be your only answer. People don't understand that 1-2 lbs of actual lean muscle mass is a lot. If after 6 months of training a person has gained 6-12 lbs of pure muscle, that is very noticeable.

Reactions: derriko

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
It takes many months to put on muscle and he needs to build up a lot of muscle. You can only pack on 1-2 lbs of actual muscle (not carb loaded weight gain but lean muscle mass) in a month. Folks that think you can just work out for two months in the summer and be good for a season are mistaken. And he can't gain muscle during the season as the demands on their bodies is too much and they actually have to fight to keep the body mass as most players lose weight during the season.

He can still increase strength.

He can also regain muscle lost throughout the previous season easier than "new" muscle via muscle memory.

He can probably come to camp 20 lbs heavier. A lot of that will by glycogen, water weight, and if he is natural a bit of fat gain.

It's still worth training in the off season. Every year he does off season training, it means another 3 months worth of improving his functional strength as it relates to hockey, and 3 months closer to reaching his genetic potential size wise. Someone with access to top nutritionists and trainers can make much more efficient use of 3 months than a regular person winging it.

I have a degree in bro science.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
So, did Team USA invite Brady to the Worlds and he declined, or did they not invite him at all? It seems odd that they wouldn't at least invite him - after all, they invited Colin White. The kid is only 19 and had a long first pro year, so if they decided that he needed a rest right now I would understand...
Read back the insiderzzzz in here say it's because Slovakia is a bad country and no one would want to play there. Mark Stone disagrees.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown

Go do some research and then come back with how a normal human could actually gain more than 24 lbs of actual LEAN MUSCLE MASS in one year.

I never said that. And I wrote four words so any issues comprehending them are pretty sad.

But here's an example of someone gaining almost 3 lbs of lean body mass a week: The Novice Effect | Mark Rippetoe

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

Go do some research and then come back with how a normal human could actually gain more than 24 lbs of actual LEAN MUSCLE MASS in one year. I believe anabolic steroids or HGH will be your only answer. People don't understand that 1-2 lbs of actual lean muscle mass is a lot. If after 6 months of training a person has gained 6-12 lbs of pure muscle, that is very noticeable.

I’m 47, and it took me 6 weeks of hard, hard work to add 2lbs of lean muscle mass. I think someone half my age should accomplish a fair bit more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad