Brad Marchand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Tonight we saw some glimpses of the lil ball o' hate that we have grown to like. He was yapping with Malkin a bit and he was mixing it up with Letang as we all saw. Hopefully he can build on this and reclaim a spot on the 2nd line.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Tonight we saw some glimpses of the lil ball o' hate that we have grown to like. He was yapping with Malkin a bit and he was mixing it up with Letang as we all saw. Hopefully he can build on this and reclaim a spot on the 2nd line.

Yep, and I thought he also had one of his, if not his best game...the two go hand in hand IMO

Mike B.

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Marchand's last 58 games (including playoffs): 11 goals, 22 assists

In his last 36 regular season games, about half a season, he's at 7-13-20.

Different guy.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Marchand looked lost last night, not sure what`s going on, thought he looked involved and solid against Pitt, then last night, moving his feet, trying hard, just can`t finish any play with a solid pass etc...

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
He's been jumping around on a bunch of lines, I'm really not concerned with him. He'll pick it up.

Everyone has a cold streak, I'm hoping and thinking he's still in one from last playoffs. He usually has so much coincidence, he looks kind of shot this year. Just needs a couple of good games in a row. If they need to bench him for a game later on, fine. It worked with Lucic, I'm sure they'll have no problem doing it again.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
He's been jumping around on a bunch of lines, I'm really not concerned with him. He'll pick it up.

Everyone has a cold streak, I'm hoping and thinking he's still in one from last playoffs. He usually has so much coincidence, he looks kind of shot this year. Just needs a couple of good games in a row. If they need to bench him for a game later on, fine. It worked with Lucic, I'm sure they'll have no problem doing it again.

I have faith in him, but as stated, his game reminds me right now of one of those players who`s skating fast and going nowhere doing nothing. Not sure this is about him shifting up and down the lineup, can`t use that as a reason for him yet ignore it when a Caron was in the same position or Smith has been on the 3rd, played well and given the promotion.

He`s not focused, and it`s showing

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Marchand looked lost last night, not sure what`s going on, thought he looked involved and solid against Pitt, then last night, moving his feet, trying hard, just can`t finish any play with a solid pass etc...

Yeah he seemed just a pace behind the rest of the guys out there. Prior to last night, he was on the uptick, but he certainly plateaued again vs. the Ducks.

I just hope he didn't get banged up or suffer a minor concussion following his collision with Bergy.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Obvious slump here; but I don't think it's anything to be concerned about. He'll have a couple of big games and break out and end up with 20+ goals by the end of the year. I'd like to see him get to stick with Bergeron consistently though; even when Eriksson comes back. I know everyone gets hung up on line numbers; but Eriksson with Soderberg & Kelly gives us three dangerous lines instread of two.

zuckera1

Mar 3, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Rangers fan here coming in peace, what's up with Marchand this year guys? I've watched him play in a few games and he looks dreadful, and he's also not producing for my fantasy hockey team. What's wrong with the guy? He's normally a very pesky player

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Rangers fan here coming in peace, what's up with Marchand this year guys? I've watched him play in a few games and he looks dreadful, and he's also not producing for my fantasy hockey team. What's wrong with the guy? He's normally a very pesky player

He's said recently that he doesn't want to be a pest all the time. He'd rather become more known as an excellent offensive player. However, I do think him being chippy is part of what helps his game in the first place. There's also the belief that he's dealing with some minor injury, but who knows for certain....

Of course, others say he just misses his buddy Seguin :sarcasm:

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
He's said recently that he doesn't want to be a pest all the time. He'd rather become more known as an excellent offensive player. However, I do think him being chippy is part of what helps his game in the first place. There's also the belief that he's dealing with some minor injury, but who knows for certain....

Of course, others say he just misses his buddy Seguin :sarcasm:
He seems to be skating well but just seems out of sync. He is making poor decisions. Brad is actually an intelligent hockey player,that aspect of his game is underrated. This year he seems to be zigging instead of zagging.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
15 shots in 13 games isn't going to cut it. Krejci has 26 shots. Krejci!! If DK is out shooting you you know something's not right

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
15 shots in 13 games isn't going to cut it. Krejci has 26 shots. Krejci!! If DK is out shooting you you know something's not right

Not just the number of shots, but where they are coming from. When Marchand`s at his agitating best, when the whistle blows, you are sure to find him in the face of a goalie/opponent...I have watched maybe 2 games where he did this. I have to say, a few games ago I expressed little concern as he typically does this every year where he goes a stretch of games just not playing his game, well, this is an extended stretch now and unless there is an injury we don`t know about, his game has been....to be honest, garbage

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Marchand's deal is so cap friendly that I think even through bad play he's here until the end of his deal.

or that deal is attractive to another team and there`s a return out there that Chia takes.

Too early to react right now, but nobody here can convince me there has been any indication with Marchand`s game right now that he`s close to snapping out of it. He looks 100% disinterested IMO

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
or that deal is attractive to another team and there`s a return out there that Chia takes.

Too early to react right now, but nobody here can convince me there has been any indication with Marchand`s game right now that he`s close to snapping out of it. He looks 100% disinterested IMO
That is true but he will turn it around. I wouldn't entertain the thought of trading him just yet.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
I think scratching him for a couple of games might do the trick. It worked for Lucic.

I really don't see Marchand being traded either. Maybe if he keeps this type of play up all season, but I think something would be up if he did that.

Taz#24

Feb 27, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
Tough call

That is true but he will turn it around. I wouldn't entertain the thought of trading him just yet.

If he continues to play poorly, his return value diminishes.

Winnipeg is struggling and reportedly interested in making some changes.
If PC could swing something along the lines of...MARCHAND, CARON, BARTKOWSKI and a second rounder for Evander KANE and Mark STUART, I think it should be seriously considered.

KANE is much better suited as a Bruin and a guy like STUART at 1.7 would be a huge veteran addition to take some pressure off of KRUG and HAMILTON. He knows our system to boot.

I love the look of this line-up if it did come to fruition:
LUCIC-KREJCI-IGINLA
KANE-BERGERON-ERIKSSON
SODERBERG-KELLY-SMITH
PAILLE-CAMPBELL-THORNTON
SPOONER-1st call up

CHARA-BOYCHUK
SEIDENBERG-HAMILTON
MCQUAID-KRUG/STUART

RASK
JOHNSON

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
If he continues to play poorly, his return value diminishes.

Winnipeg is struggling and reportedly interested in making some changes.
If PC could swing something along the lines of...MARCHAND, CARON, BARTKOWSKI and a second rounder for Evander KANE and Mark STUART, I think it should be seriously considered.

KANE is much better suited as a Bruin and a guy like STUART at 1.7 would be a huge veteran addition to take some pressure off of KRUG and HAMILTON. He knows our system to boot.

I love the look of this line-up if it did come to fruition:
LUCIC-KREJCI-IGINLA
KANE-BERGERON-ERIKSSON
SODERBERG-KELLY-SMITH
PAILLE-CAMPBELL-THORNTON
SPOONER-1st call up

CHARA-BOYCHUK
SEIDENBERG-HAMILTON
MCQUAID-KRUG/STUART

RASK
JOHNSON
No need for a complete plug like Stuart

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I'd love me some Evander, but not at the expense of Marshy. Stuart can be quite painful to watch, and I don't think we're lacking in veteran defensemen (44,33,55, even 54 at this point).. even though we have some youngins too.

I still don't see the logic in trading Brad. He's struggling right now which only hurts any possible offered return, and it's unlikely to see him struggle continuously. We always seem to have one of our studs in a slump (DK and Looch typically), it just usually isn't Marchand. He'll get it going.

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal
There is no way Winnipeg will trade Kane or Edmonton will trade Hall. I'd really like to see Eriksson play his natural position and see a Right Winger in a trade for Marchand.

Marchand is not a top end player so either you get a 2nd line winger or a top guy with a bad contract that has lost his place on a team.

Proposal is Marchand & Caron for Byfuglien.

Pu Byfuglien with Bergeron and Eriksson. Adds much size to that line... With Lucic on one line and Byfglien on another that is a lot to ask for opposing Dmen.

You also have Krug and Byfuglien on the power play point. Makes this team bigger stronger and a lot togher to defend.

Byfuglien is not in the good books in Winnipeg... a deal might be what he needs to a cup contender and I'd love to see him on the wing with Bergy and Eriksson.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Oh how the mighty have fallen. Damn.

I've never been a fan of Marchand. I dubbed him all flash no finish back in his 4th line days. But even I will admit you can't trade him now. His value is at a new low. Just gotta wait him out and hope he rebounds, which I'm confident he will.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Oh how the mighty have fallen. Damn.

I've never been a fan of Marchand. I dubbed him all flash no finish back in his 4th line days. But even I will admit you can't trade him now. His value is at a new low. Just gotta wait him out and hope he rebounds, which I'm confident he will.

Hope so, he has 3pts more than Caron, THE biggest whippin boy here and I`ll argue, Caron`s effort has been far more consistent, results aren`t there but at least Caron, when he`s played, appears engaged, thus far, Marchand hasn`t. Time for him to wake the you know what up, we have seen Chia move players, and in spite of Marchand`s track record here, how long will Chia continue to accept less than mediocre efforts/results from BM??

member 96824

Hope so, he has 3pts more than Caron, THE biggest whippin boy here and I`ll argue, Caron`s effort has been far more consistent, results aren`t there but at least Caron, when he`s played, appears engaged, thus far, Marchand hasn`t. Time for him to wake the you know what up, we have seen Chia move players, and in spite of Marchand`s track record here, how long will Chia continue to accept less than mediocre efforts/results from BM??

Agreed. It's weird too...Marchand said he was worried about getting traded in the off season and then he comes back with play like this for the first month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad