Brad Marchand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
If he doesn't get suspended he needs to be scratched for at least a game.
Every time he takes a step forward he takes 2 steps back the next game. Tonight was a disaster. He needs to get it together.

ytownhockey10

tornado of souls
Mar 8, 2010
in the salt
Sorry if this has been asked plenty, please merge this if you have to.

Neutral fan here. I'm not a Bruins fan, but I watch almost all Bruins games for 2 reasons:

1. I knew and played with Marchand in the past and like to see how he's doing
2. I 100% respect and love the way Boston plays hockey, they play the way hockey was meant to be played (never listen to anyone say your team is dirty, they're not)

I only really started watching most of your games this year after how much I loved watching the bruins cup run this passed season, so I never saw Marchand much other than the playoffs.

From the games I saw this season, he just looks slow, and IMO is playing just awful. He loses the puck constantly, and it really seems like everyone has a step on him.

Am I missing something? Is he injured? Gained weight? Or is this how he normally plays in the regular season?

Any feedback is appreciated!

thanks for the words about the Bs. i for one have never really understood the perception that this is a 'dirty' team... whatever that means.

i think we're all looking for the answer to marchand's problems of late. he may be playing through injury sans disclosure, as is par for this team, but i suspect that he's got other issues. if you run a quick google news search for marchand, the most consistent theme you'll find is that he's been struggling with his work ethic... so much so that julien made him the subject of public criticism as early as mid-october. there's clearly some kind issue at work here, as the tame, turnover-prone game we've seen is atypical of marchand... i'm of the belief that it has more to do with his mental game than any kind of injury.

he's got no snarl, no drive, and no apparent interest in the typical mixing-up of things we've come to love about his game. he most likely needs a firm kick in the ass.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
The Seguin affect ....

sadly he does just looked lost without his buddy out there. He really needs to get his **** together soon. Saw a little of the old Marshy after the whistle a couple times last night at least. Something needs to make him hungry again

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Some of his choices were so bad it almost looked like he wants out of town.

Thing is, as he is he has no value.

None.

I almost expect to hear this episode 5 of Behind the B

2KA

Oct 15, 2013
Saskatchewan
I have been a big supporter of Marchand but he continues to get worse and worse. Besides his goal against the Sens he has continued to regress.

Like Salem said, problem is I think he holds little value right now.

I do not want to get rid of Marchand as I continue to hope he snaps out of it, but if the Bruins are able to get something that they deem an upgrade I would not be upset if they pulled the trigger.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
IMO Brad will be fine.

The last couple of home games he looked more engaged.

I will send him some good vibes tomorrow. I want to see Marchy come out smiling and to see him look for someone to chirp on the other team.

I bet he scores a goal tomorrow.

Looch had a rough start last season and ended up playing great in the playoffs. Some here wanted to get rid of him :help:.

Brad will figure it out. Many players go through a difficult time. I don't want Marchy going to another team. He is so clutch ion the playoffs.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
He's certainly pressing.

It's not like he's the only on that line that can give us more. All three can and eventually will.

The fact that he gets no PP time certainly don't help him on the scoresheet and to get back his offensive confidence.

But he'll get it back. Better that tough stretch be now than go the Full Seguin come playoffs time...

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I think the whole Marchand missing Seguin crap is totally overblown. Just my opinion, but I believe this has a lot more to do with the Marchand being able to balance the pest/nasty aspect of his game with not putting the team in bad positions. Personally, if having the old Marchand back meant taking some bad penalties as part of the package on occasion, I am cool with that. it's not like the B's don't have the PK to handle it.

Some guys have to play with emotion to be effective, and right now that emotion doesn't appear to be there (and I don't think it has anything to do with Seguin). He needs to get it back, and if that means some borderline plays, and lots of face-washes and chirping, so be it.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
I know it is a bit far fetched, but I still can't help but think it has something to do with the Seguin situation.

Not just the whole, "oh, you miss your buddy," but rather, maybe he has sort of lost faith in this management. Maybe the trade of Seguin sort of stung him, and he doesn't fully trust them and/or doesn't buy in anymore.

If there was anyone on Dallas we could use, then I could see them calling the Stars up and talk about reuniting the two, but again, what would we get? Fleeced, again, that's what.

This situation sucks.

Last edited:

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
He starting to remind me of Samsonov. Dances in the corner, jukes a few times and loses the puck.

He has chemistry with Bergeron, but if you noticed there are very few passes between Marchy and Ericksson. They arent on the same page at all and more than a few times they bump into each other. So some of it I blame on him but I also believe he is not comfortable with Ericksson either.

I still want to see this

Lucic-Krejci-Iginla
Marchand-Bergeron-Sodeberg
Ericksson-Spooner-Smith
Paille-Kelly-Campbell/Thornton
Caron

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
He starting to remind me of Samsonov. Dances in the corner, jukes a few times and loses the puck.

He has chemistry with Bergeron, but if you noticed there are very few passes between Marchy and Ericksson. They arent on the same page at all and more than a few times they bump into each other. So some of it I blame on him but I also believe he is not comfortable with Ericksson either.

I still want to see this

Lucic-Krejci-Iginla
Marchand-Bergeron-Sodeberg
Ericksson-Spooner-Smith
Paille-Kelly-Campbell/Thornton
Caron

To each his own, but Samsonov is the last guy I would compare Marchand to, and your proposed lines have a few guys playing out of position, which is usually not a good recipe.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
To expand more on what I just said, we already know that his performance is heavily based upon his mental state. He has admitted multiple times that he has to be in the right frame of mind, and be agitating, chirping, etc, to be able to get results. Again, maybe his head just isn't there like it used to be, because before it was him his his buddy having fun, and now it is more of a "job."

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
To each his own, but Samsonov is the last guy I would compare Marchand to, and your proposed lines have a few guys playing out of position, which is usually not a good recipe.

I wouldnt say he plays exactly like him, just saying the juking in the corner and holding the puck to long is samsonov like.

Who is out of position? I know Loui can play both wings, and Sodeberg is a converted center so wing is foreign to him regardless.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I wouldnt say he plays exactly like him, just saying the juking in the corner and holding the puck to long is samsonov like.

Who is out of position? I know Loui can play both wings, and Sodeberg is a converted center so wing is foreign to him regardless.

Loui was predominantly a RW with DAL and has not been playing great on his preferred side. Soderberg has been playing well on LW (he played both C and off wing in SWE), so why move him? Playing the off wing is a much bigger deal than people think IMO.

Ask Iginla.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
If Marchand is somehow emotionally affected by the Seguin trade enough where it leads to the kind of play we've seen on display, then I don't want him playing for the team I cheer for. That's a level of mental immaturity I'd expect to see out of a junior high schooler who's sad his best friend moved away and now he doesn't feel like studying.

I'm also of the belief that situation has nothing to do with his level of play.

Playing on a line with Seguin, both him and Bergeron had to place an emphasis on their defensive games because it was an area of deficiency for Tyler. Now, with a defensive stalwart on that line in Eriksson, that compensation doesn't need to happen for either Marchand or Bergeron. Bergeron can and will adapt (37's recovery is the biggest piece of what ails him). It remains to be seen if Brad will. I tend to think he will; he's too smart not to. He just needs to do it in quick order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad