Brad Marchand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
I am reluctant to give up on Marchand. He was excellent in the cup run and also last year. But I think the older players need to have a serious talk with him an perhaps the management too. He should focus more on his play than his antics. I am not saying that he should drop his agitating style completely - it was a big factor against Vancouver in 2011, I think - getting Sedins of their game. But he must be smarter about it. Frustrating to watch him these playoffs, knowing how good he can be and seeing none of it.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I am reluctant to give up on Marchand. He was excellent in the cup run and also last year. But I think the older players need to have a serious talk with him an perhaps the management too. He should focus more on his play than his antics. I am not saying that he should drop his agitating style completely - it was a big factor against Vancouver in 2011, I think - getting Sedins of their game. But he must be smarter about it. Frustrating to watch him these playoffs, knowing how good he can be and seeing none of it.

I agree with his effectiveness in 2011. However he was relatively new and didn't have the reputation he has now. What he got away with then , he never can get away with now. He needs to be a lot smarter. Question is, can he?

turtlethedog

Nov 14, 2011
Charlestown

Can't keep harping on the cup run. 3 seasons ago. Players change (physically and mentally, on and off the ice) since we won that cup some guys have gotten better and some have gotten worse.

Marchand has gotten worse and his act is tired. Organization would be advised to go in another direction IMO.

member 96824

Surprised there isn't more talk about his "Wasn't focused enough" comment today.

That's 2 of the last 3 playoff runs he hasn't been able to get up for

hubey

Nov 19, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Surprised there isn't more talk about his "Wasn't focused enough" comment today.

That's 2 of the last 3 playoff runs he hasn't been able to get up for

I think the reason there isn't more talk about Marchand and his comment is because most people are still talking about Lucic's antics in the handshake line.

But I have had enough of Marchand. Not only did he play terrible in the series, now he again says he wasn't focused. How can a professional player not be focused enough in a series against your arch rival.

I have never understood why he has to play that weasel type of game to get himself involved. The guy has talent, just cut out the other crap.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

My concern is they have had many talks with him, just can`t see Bergy/Z or any other vets/coaches/Pres letting this kind of play slide without addressing it

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think the reason there isn't more talk about Marchand and his comment is because most people are still talking about Lucic's antics in the handshake line.

But I have had enough of Marchand. Not only did he play terrible in the series, now he again says he wasn't focused. How can a professional player not be focused enough in a series against your arch rival.

I have never understood why he has to play that weasel type of game to get himself involved. The guy has talent, just cut out the other crap.

selfies with Segs had him preoccupied:sarcasm:

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
I have always been a HUGE defender of Marchand. Thought he was(and he was) a player capable of changing a game in many different ways. a super pest with 30 goal capability.

These players are extremely hard to find. You don't get rid of player like Marchand.

But what i saw this whole series...and in particular yesterday made me change my tune. He stepped over the line several times in a do or die game. UNACCEPTABLE!

That being said. He is a super pest, a great penalty killer, a guy who can score 30 goals. Maybe this wakes Marchand up. Maybe this makes Marchand a smarter pest and a more focused player.

Marchand is the Bruins most dangerous player one on one. He undressed Subban in a one on one situation and also Doughty earlier on this season just to name a few.

So upon further review i would hold off on trading Marchand. See how he comes to camp,how he starts the season. If no improvement is shown then move swiftly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->