Brad Marchand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
he hasn't been the same since getting concussed by volchenkov.

premierplayer

Aug 2, 2010
Agreed. It's weird too...Marchand said he was worried about getting traded in the off season and then he comes back with play like this for the first month?

Plenty of hockey left to go. I see this board hasn't learned this yet?

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
When I posted a hypothetical "trade Marchand" thread I was ripped apart by most of you posters. Funny how 3 weeks later a lot of folks share the same sentiment now.

To me, Marchand does not look happy and seems like a man that has lost his puppy (Seguin) and may need to move on to better himself.

That being said, I would love Evander Kane on this team however, I think the Jets never trade him.

I'm going to throw another hypothetical trade proposal on the table.

Marchand (4.5 mil) + McQuaid (1.6 mil) + 2nd rd pick

for

E. Kane (5.5 mil)

Killer B

Honey Badger don't care
Aug 28, 2008
Wisconsin
63 has been a pretty slow starter during his short career (11 points over the first month of the season, the last 3 years combined)...

That and the fact that every line except for L-K-I is struggling right now.

DOGSTARMAN

Aug 1, 2005
for
E. Kane (5.5 mil)

Let me save you some time.

Trade proposal template: "I propose trading Bruins Player X [substitute name here] for Player Y [substitute name here]."

Reply template: "I would never trade Player X [substitute name here] [or at this point you may also choose to substitute this year's spare part player(s), e.g. Caron, Bartkowsi, and/or a 2nd round or lower draft pick]. Player Y [substitute name here] sucks. Maybe if they throw in [pick one (sometimes 2 of these are allowed): 1st round draft pick, superstar player, emerging young star]."

Last edited:

rudos1

Oct 22, 2009
Lucic started off slow last year and boy did his game come around when we needed it most. No worries...

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA
63 has been a pretty slow starter during his short career (11 points over the first month of the season, the last 3 years combined)...

That and the fact that every line except for L-K-I is struggling right now.

This. COme December I'd start to worry, but I never expected anything from him for the first 6 weeks based on history.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
At some point this seasont the Bergeron-Marchand-Eriksson line will be the hottest in hockey

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Plenty of hockey left to go. I see this board hasn't learned this yet?

There sure is, but outside of a very few flashes, anything about Marchand`s game have you overly optimistic at this stage??

All it takes is a goal to change things, but very tough to be truly optimistic with the way he`s started. There are slow starts, then there are starts where it looks like a player is completely lost...he`s the latter right now

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
There sure is, but outside of a very few flashes, anything about Marchand`s game have you overly optimistic at this stage??

All it takes is a goal to change things, but very tough to be truly optimistic with the way he`s started. There are slow starts, then there are starts where it looks like a player is completely lost...he`s the latter right now

Let.It.Go.

Marchand wont be traded and your need for revenge wont be satisfied.

He did screw Halifax because Halifax screw him first. Get over it.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
I really hope he picks it up. Eriksson-Bergeron-Marchand was one of my most anticipated lines to watch this season. Didn't seem to click and Marchy got demoted to the 3rd line :(

But saw a poster say he's a notoriously slow starter, so hopefully he'll pick it up. :handclap:

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
When I posted a hypothetical "trade Marchand" thread I was ripped apart by most of you posters. Funny how 3 weeks later a lot of folks share the same sentiment now.

To me, Marchand does not look happy and seems like a man that has lost his puppy (Seguin) and may need to move on to better himself.

That being said, I would love Evander Kane on this team however, I think the Jets never trade him.

for

E. Kane (5.5 mil)

I'm not opposed to trading Marchand, however, McQuaid is another matter. IMO McQuaid is more important to this team than Kane would be. Also, Kane is a top 6 player and, right now, we are set there.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009

for

E. Kane (5.5 mil)

I'm kind of split on Kane, like his skillset, but seems like a headcase. Not sure he'd buy into the culture.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
he looked like he was going to cry when asked about seguin coming to town.

dup7

Jul 5, 2006
Halifax, NS
Let me save you some time.

Trade proposal template: "I propose trading Bruins Player X [substitute name here] for Player Y [substitute name here]."

Reply template: "I would never trade Player X [substitute name here] [or at this point you may also choose to substitute this year's spare part player(s), e.g. Caron, Bartkowsi, and/or a 2nd round or lower draft pick]. Player Y [substitute name here] sucks. Maybe if they throw in [pick one (sometimes 2 of these are allowed): 1st round draft pick, superstar player, emerging young star]."

:handclap:

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
What is so wrong with Marchand?

Sorry if this has been asked plenty, please merge this if you have to.

Neutral fan here. I'm not a Bruins fan, but I watch almost all Bruins games for 2 reasons:

1. I knew and played with Marchand in the past and like to see how he's doing
2. I 100% respect and love the way Boston plays hockey, they play the way hockey was meant to be played (never listen to anyone say your team is dirty, they're not)

I only really started watching most of your games this year after how much I loved watching the bruins cup run this passed season, so I never saw Marchand much other than the playoffs.

From the games I saw this season, he just looks slow, and IMO is playing just awful. He loses the puck constantly, and it really seems like everyone has a step on him.

Am I missing something? Is he injured? Gained weight? Or is this how he normally plays in the regular season?

Any feedback is appreciated!

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Floating.

Yeah.

All players float from time to time but in our system with Marchand being such a small dude it sticks out.

A couple years ago you could count on Marchand to be one of the hardest workers. Thats not really the case now. Last year up until his concussion his contract looked like a bargain. Now it looks awful.

If the playoffs started tomorrow I think he'd step it up though. But I would move him to the 4th line for a few games to send a message.

member 96824

Yeah.

All players float from time to time but in our system with Marchand being such a small dude it sticks out.

A couple years ago you could count on Marchand to be one of the hardest workers. Thats not really the case now. Last year up until his concussion his contract looked like a bargain. Now it looks awful.

If the playoffs started tomorrow I think he'd step it up though. But I would move him to the 4th line for a few games to send a message.

I would hope so, although last year his playoffs weren't the best. Especially the Chi and Toronto series's, where we arguably needed him most.

I don't know how to wake him up, the guy is sleep walking and now making plays that flat out hurt his teammates.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Yeah.

OT: Hey Marshmont, any chance that you'll be changing your handle to "MarshAnd" any time soon? :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad