Brad Marchand

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
I know it is a very small sample size, but Marchand seems lost out on the ice so far. He did not have an impressive training camp, and was average at best during the preseason. Julien seemed to have enough of it on Saturday when he moved him on the 3rd line. Hopefully Marshy gets too old form soon because Bergeron's line would be unstoppable.

Here is what Claude Julien said about Marshy:

He’s been fighting it for the last little while here. Sometimes you need to take a guy away from where he is, and take some of the pressure off. It’s not because he doesn’t want to do well,” said Claude Julien. “In his mind he’s trying, but he just needs to find his game. Sometimes putting a guy on another line will help him find his game. 
“He’s fighting it. There’s no doubt he’s fighting it. As a coach you make the change you think is right to win a hockey game. We know how good [Marchand] can be. Right now he just needs to fight through it.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Good thread, first Caron, then Erikkson, both had great games post-thread.

I see you. ;)

But in all seriousness he'll be fine. Everyone hits a funk, that whole second line was messed up all season thus far until late yesterday. Once that line gets going you have two snipers and an elite center, three of the best defensive forwards in the league. They'll be flat out dominant once they get going. Marshy has consistently gotten better every season. He certainly has the tools to do it this year too. A demotion for a game lets him know he's being watched. His head is in the game. Just needs to pop another one, get a good play with loui and Bergy. I'm not concerned with him doing well, you really know what you get.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Hoping that last game's lackluster performance had to do with a minor nagging injury or a hangover, because if this is what we're going to get with Marshy, then it's time to :scared:

ORRMAN

Dec 3, 2008
Bergeron is not quite where he wants to be yet, given the serious injuries from which he is still recovering; Eriksson is new to the team. It is taking this line a little bit to get back into a good rhythm. Marchand will get there. His tool box is far too good not to get back to the kind of player we know him to be.

Zdeno33Lucic*

Trading seguin hurt marchand, but marchand no doubt will find his game

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
The bromance, joy of having your best friend around all the time at a young age, expierencing all they did... Then the break up

I think you are mistaking your life experiences with those of a professional hockey player. This happens when fans live vicariously through the lives of their heroes.

I'm thinking he was a little disappointed when he first heard the news, but by the time camp opened he was ready to go with his new linemate.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
The bromance, joy of having your best friend around all the time at a young age, expierencing all they did... Then the break up

I can only hope you forgot to use the sarcasm emote.

Do you really think Marchand is that charmin soff that he'd let the breaking up of a "bromance" affect his on-ice performance.

Marchand had to work hard to get to where he is at now, and part of that working hard is having the mental fortitude to deal with working his way up through the ranks, in addition to moving from his place on the energy line on up to the second line, playing next to a Selke winner.

I give Marchand more credit than you do for being a professional.....so I can only hope you were kidding.

Last edited:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Looked pretty good to me in the first. There is no chance he doesn't work his way back onto that line very soon. Bergeron/Marchand easily have the most chemistry on the team.

putabergeronthegrill

Oct 31, 2011
I'm a little shocked he was demoted honestly. He looks like typical old marchand to me. people need to remember he is not a point per game type of guy, he is going to have stretches where he slumps.

nycpunk1

Jan 9, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Marchand has been much weaker then Eriksson, Caron, and Kelly, yet seems to be getting a pass around here while those 3 are still under the microscope.

Clearly Julien is unimpressed with Marchand's performance so far this season. Personally, I think he's the weak link when the second line isn't working, but should rebound the most when they finally click. His linemates are two-way, conservative, "hockey IQ" players, where Marchand's threat is intuitive: fast transition and snapshots. We're all aware that Eriksson and Bergeron aren't quite clicking. But has anyone even noticed Marchand out there on offense?

I can see third line minutes as an attempt to shake him back into "pest" mode and out of the goal-scoring pressures that might be giving him the yips.

FONZIE

AYYYYYY!!!!
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Moved to Wisconsin
I believe he has either a hamstring or groin injury. I was at the game today and watched him. He's slower and not winning any of the foot races.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
I think his struggles have been vastly overstated.

He has been mediocre in his own end a few times but I also think he's been the best player on that line (Bergy and Eriksson). He was really good today.

mattbnh

Apr 26, 2004
New Hampster
I believe Brad will be fine.

When they pulled Tuukka at the end, Brad was out there for the 6 on 5

Thankfully, Clode doesn't :scared: panic.

Also not convinced that Smith is up to the challenge of playing against other team's top line, at least yet.

Last edited:

rickizbruin

Feb 7, 2010
ONTARIO
He looks like he has changed his game.. his game is aggressive forchecking and being a bit of a s**t disturber on the ice. when in the last few games has he done that.. he is playing almost like a sniper looking for the big shot and goal.. not his game.
im hopeing is is an injury.. looking forward to him getting his game back.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I can only hope you forgot to use the sarcasm emote.

Do you really think Marchand is that charmin soff that he'd let the breaking up of a "bromance" affect his on-ice performance.

Marchand had to work hard to get to where he is at now, and part of that working hard is having the mental fortitude to deal with working his way up through the ranks, in addition to moving from his place on the energy line on up to the second line, playing next to a Selke winner.

I give Marchand more credit than you do for being a professional.....so I can only hope you were kidding.

It's not like Seguin was his only friend, either... Marchand is really well liked around the room and is known to lighten the mood and chirp with the others.

It sucks losing your friend, but you get over it. 3 months later, he's moved on.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
He was better today, in that I didn't notice any glaring mental errors inside his own blue line.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
He was better today, in that I didn't notice any glaring mental errors inside his own blue line.

Yes,Brad was better today.I actually think that could be an effective 3rd line.The Bruins may want to consider trying Soderberg with Bergeron and Erickson. Of course Brad's stats would not be as good playing on the 3rd line, although he could probably still hit 20 goals easily. In the end,it might give the Bruins the balance they are looking for.Kelly looks primed to have a good year,so Brad wouldn't be totally thrown to the wolves.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I think he is forcing it and at times is trying to be a little too fancy.

He needs to simplify his game and perhaps channel his inner rat and get the rat side going (kind of like Looch and supposedly Iginla ramp their games up when angry Marchand ramps his up by being the rat).

Not sure the Marchand on the third line experiment continues much longer (and I don't think it survives Yeti's return) but Marchand just seems to be struggling with finding his rhythm. Hopefullynitnclicks soon because the team needs him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad