Player Discussion Brad Marchand VI‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
Those Marchand trade posts are nonsense.

One of the best player in the league.
Awesome Cap hit.

You don't trade those players.
Well of course those reasons contribute to his value. Give to get. I simply assessed a top defender as a need. Think Henrique/Vatanen on a greater scale.

I agree marchand proposals are unlikely, but no more, likely less outlandish than the krejci backes wishes.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Honestly this kid is great. I could do without any of the head shots, but I can live with the occasional old-school hip check and slew foot, and I love the licking/stupid stuff. I think it's great having a player everyone else hates once in a while, especially when he's arguably a top 10 player in the league and on a team-friendly deal. I don't feel one bit of angst about him.

And it goes without saying that even for a franchise who's almost patented stupid trades, trading him would stand out as one of their dumbest.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Wish he showed this kind of tenacity in the corners when trying to take the puck to the net.

10 goals in the last 59 playoff games is not a good look considering his regular season output.
Dude, are you serious? Taking the puck to the net is HIS STRONGEST ASSET. Are you actually trying to say that he's not a tenacious puck handler who excels at cycling below the hashmarks, with mad puck possession, directly leading to 30+ goals and primary assists?? Is that actually what you're arguing?

Please say, yes. Because if so, it's clear that you either haven't been watching any Bruins games regularly for the past several seasons, or else that you, like the NHL and it's so-called objective referees, simply have an anti-Marchand agenda.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Wish he showed this kind of tenacity in the corners when trying to take the puck to the net.

10 goals in the last 59 playoff games is not a good look considering his regular season output.

Dude, are you serious? Taking the puck to the net is HIS STRONGEST ASSET. Are you actually trying to say that he's not a tenacious puck handler who excels at cycling below the hashmarks, with mad puck possession, directly leading to 30+ goals and primary assists?? Is that actually what you're arguing?

Please say, yes. Because if so, it's clear that you either haven't been watching any Bruins games regularly for the past several seasons, or else that you, like the NHL and it's so-called objective referees, simply have an anti-Marchand agenda.

Please see the distinction between playoff Marchand and Regular Season Marchand.

Was too busy licking.

I think we both agree he can do whatever he wants if hes putting goals on the board. Instead hes licking Cally and high sticking Killorn in between whistles to be a shmuck.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Please see the distinction between playoff Marchand and Regular Season Marchand.

I think we both agree he can do whatever he wants if hes putting goals on the board. Instead hes licking Cally and high sticking Killorn in between whistles to be a shmuck.
upload_2018-5-7_17-23-3.png

Yeah, chopped liver. You're right.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
View attachment 119911

Yeah, chopped liver. You're right.

Sports is a "what have you done for me lately" deal. His rookie season was great, but since then he's fallen off when it comes to putting pucks in the net. He goes around kissing cups as a taunt but hasn't been the player he was in his rookie year ever again in the PO's. I don't get the point you are making here? He piled up assists this year playing on a stacked top line? My point is his goal scoring.

Reactions: TD Charlie

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia
Marchand's direct negative affect on the reffing and it's subsequent effect on the team's powerplay opportunities are what is hurting this team. He needs a leash and needs to be held accountable by the Bruins management, if he falls out of line. This guy has boatloads of talent and is pissing it away with his antics....he needs to be shown how his shenanigans are affecting the team. He was so busy in game 5 playing games with the refs that he did NOT contribute to a necessary do-or-die win. My honest opinion...a disappointed B's fan.

Reactions: BMC and Iceage

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
For all the fans talking about trading Marchand, just think how much trouble it would be for the B's defense to defend against the little ball of hate....not something I want to see.

Marchand is one of the best players in the league with a great contract, and is probably the best SH and 3 vs 3 player in the league.

...be careful what you wish for!

Reactions: Save By Thomas

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Marchand is one of the most elite wingers in the game. Very few wingers are even close to him when it comes to all-around play. He brings it in all three zones, on special teams, and scores an unreal amount of clutch goals. However, I agree with those criticizing his antics. He absolutely needs to get the stupid out of his game. You can play aggressively with an edge without crossing the line of stupidity. He is a star now. He needs to behave like a star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille