Player Discussion Brad Marchand VI‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

Apr 8, 2015
Right.

Its happened once before in 100 years so its fine.

Anyhow, Tikkanen fanned on the kiss.

Once? C'mon... We're talking about hockey, not polo.

Anyone who's played can attest to the sketchy shit that happens in the dressing rooms. He licked someone, 10 years ago it would have earned a beating and a mention in the game notes.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I just don't care that much. *snor*

Burrows biting a dude didn't draw this much angst. That says something.

Marchand really struck a deep nerve. Kinda seems like next level pest stuff. Not surprised Marchand is a innovator.

You wanna ban it, ban it. But don't get your underwear in a twist. You're simply easily triggered. Falling into it...

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Hes never going to get a call to go his way. Is it right? No. But he made his bed. Its how things go.

It's not just the name on the back of the jersey that makes it so he can't get a call...it's mainly the crest on the front.

Sure, they hate Marchand more, but the entire Bruins team is right up there with him. What's just a little more hated?

The narrative gets easier and easier to make every day.

It's been a rough series for the "everything is on the up and up" contingent. That contingent grows smaller and smaller every year.

Reactions: sarge88

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
How much less do you care?

COULD

Apparently less than he could now.

In fact in a perfect world I bet he would have absolutely no knowledge of the other fan base at all.

That would be zero caring, the least amount of caring, so in fact there could be less.

I love well spoken English but this is the weakest expression I have ever seen attacked.

Yes, one could care less. It expresses a want to have even less information of the aforementioned.

I could go one about this but in the end, I could care less.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
They should put the biased refs on notice for their B.S. officiating against the Bruins.

the officiating is putrid...so is Marchand`s act. He`s a great player and he plays on the edge, this stuff completely diminishes his accomplishments and reflects poorly on the team in general

If he were getting under the skin of opponents to the point that he`s taking them off their game with some stuff then I`d be ok with it but this licking thing is juvenile and that`s being kind, there are other ways to try and get under their skin and let`s be honest, other than a push here and there, this is having absolutely 0 effect on the Bolts

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
It doesn't matter what Marchand does people are going to cry about it. I would rather have seen him punch annoying Callahan right in the face and knock all his teeth out.

staubitz

Apr 30, 2015
I just don't understand how Marchand has not been disciplined for his previous kissing/licking episodes - how has he avoided being penalized, fined or suspended? I mean, this is well beyond unsportsmanlike behavior. It's weird, gross, unhealthy, and disrespectful.

And to have the nerve to to say "that's cute" when hearing that Callahan suggested licking is similar (if not worse) to spitting in someone's face?

His compete level, talent level, and ability to be a pest are spectacular, but this kind of thing greatly diminishes his reputation. I'm sure respected teammates like Chara, Bergeron, Backes etc are embarrassed.

That being said, can't wait until the BOS-MTL rivalry is a thing again!

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I just don't understand how Marchand has not been disciplined for his previous kissing/licking episodes - how has he avoided being penalized, fined or suspended? I mean, this is well beyond unsportsmanlike behavior. It's weird, gross, unhealthy, and disrespectful.

And to have the nerve to to say "that's cute" when hearing that Callahan suggested licking is similar (if not worse) to spitting in someone's face?

His compete level, talent level, and ability to be a pest are spectacular, but this kind of thing greatly diminishes his reputation. I'm sure respected teammates like Chara, Bergeron, Backes etc are embarrassed.

Nobody, and I mean nobody here cares. Thanks for dropping by

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

Happy anniversary btw. 25 years is the silver anniversary, right? Here's to many more

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
BFD, I pretty much hate every player who isn't wearing Black & Gold anyway...........some just more than others.

Marchand is basically a parody of himself at this point. Talented yes, but a complete embarrassment for the spoked B. We are now the Ringling Brotbers Bruins. I hope he takes the team on his back and leads them to three in a row, but not holding my breath.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

You are on the wrong board. See ya...

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
It doesn't matter what Marchand does people are going to cry about it. I would rather have seen him punch annoying Callahan right in the face and knock all his teeth out.

Why would he ever do it in a manly way and fight? He throws punches in scrums only, ducks when he's gonna get hit, and he's pretty much a p***y at this point. But he's a great player so that's all that matters

pblc

Mar 8, 2002
Nova Scotia Canada
Visit site
He has enough talent and skill and doesn't need to do this kind of crap. I've been asked how I, as a Bruins fan, can condone some of the stuff he does and I tell them that I tolerate the crap but don't like it at all. I'll straight out admit that I'd hate him if he was not a Bruin.

One thing I'll add is that I was watching Coach's Corner last night, and Cherry (while commenting on the officiating in the Bruins/Lightning series) said (I'm paraphrasing, not quoting) that the lack of calls in the Bruins favor (and they specifically showed the McAvoy non-call) was the direct result of the officials feeling like Marchand shows them up and, thus, is in retaliation for this. I can see Brad not getting the benefit of the doubt and can see the officials holding a grudge (though I don't agree with it) BUT if there is even a scintilla of truth (which I doubt) to the assertion that other Bruins are punished because of a grudge against Brad then the offending officials should be called to task (by the league) because of it as it would be completely unacceptable.

Last edited:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
For me it comes down to this....

I hate it when Marchand does some of the dumb stuff he does, like the licking. (not the hit on Callahan though)

But I hate the other teams in the NHL more than I hate what he does, so in the end...

I don’t care because I don’t care about the thoughts, opinions or feelings of the other 31 teams or their fanbases.

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
absolutely a back hand across the head......is how u get under the skin of your opponent.....no ducking when faced by hard body check.....so many ways he could have taking care of callahan....come ON bruins!!!!!!!!! have we ever come back from 3-1...there's always a 1st in hockey........

Reactions: ultra63

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Marchand is basically a parody of himself at this point. Talented yes, but a complete embarrassment for the spoked B. We are now the Ringling Brotbers Bruins. I hope he takes the team on his back and leads them to three in a row, but not holding my breath.

Hell at this point I’m hoping he leads us to one. I’m a huge BM fan but it’s getting silly and it’s not affecting the scoreboard at all.

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012

your not to cute for coming here.....f*** the hated habs....dont need see anymore bad refereeing in playoffs....especially when hated habs are in !!playoffs I seen enough

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Montreal and their fans have been on the front lines of ruining hockey for 20 years by polluting it with diving, no checking, no fighting crap. Thanks a lot

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
So the focus these days from the league is on whether licking crosses a line and NOT on whether their officials are literally stealing games for teams? Seems like an odd prioritization system to me.

The NHL cartel is right up there with Roger Goodell now in levels of garbage they spew to the public. Not the least bit trustworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad