Player Discussion Brad Marchand VI‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
You don't make it this far with Marchand to then trade him after he licks somebody on NBCSN prime time. We knew what we had with him the last however many years. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Is it embarrassing? Absolutely. Are fan bases going to get on us about one thing or another regardless? Yup. Might as well have something we can be like yeah wow that really was something wasn't it?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Embarrassing stuff really. Bruins now synonymous with employing a guy that goes around licking players. We didn't need this circus act.

"Cassidy said before the game that he had spoken with Marchand, delivering a simple, straight-forward message: "We need you on the ice, we need you playing. If part of his M.O. is to annoy people, find a different way to annoy them. Preferably by scoring some goals, that would be the best way."

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
"Cassidy said before the game that he had spoken with Marchand, delivering a simple, straight-forward message: "We need you on the ice, we need you playing. If part of his M.O. is to annoy people, find a different way to annoy them. Preferably by scoring some goals, that would be the best way."

Yikes.

Marchand better watch himself if Cassidy gets on Twitter.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Some so-called Bruins fans phoned into our local radio station yesterday saying "they will not cheer for the Bruins anymore until Marchand is traded". I say they were never really Bruins fans to begin with, and adios amigos.
I still love Marchand ,but wouldn’t mind seeing him grow up a little bit.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
That being said, can't wait until the BOS-MTL rivalry is a thing again!

What you really mean is you want the rivalry to be a thing again like the good old days when the habs got ALL the favorable calls and the Bruins lost in frustration.

....but I like this better.

upload_2018-5-8_22-32-3.jpeg

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I still love Marchand ,but wouldn’t mind seeing him grow up a little bit.

Marchand is what he is. He plays with an edge and although the licking thing isn't his proudest moment, the media are making way too much out of this thing.

...I think post #2334 hit the nail on the head.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
So many times I find myself disappointed in Marchand—dirty hits and stupid, juvenile antics.

The sad part is he is such a good hockey player. Just play hockey and cut the crap.

Agreed. I’ve gotten tired of his act as well. I tolerate it because of his production and his value to this team, but I gotta admit, it’s getting tougher and tougher for me to justify his bullshit.

The licking thing is an embarrassment and crosses a line for me. To me, it’s the same as spitting in someone’s face.

It also bothers me that a lot of posters who complain about Tom Wilson are the same ones sticking up for Marchand, who basically ended Marcus Johansson’s season back in January.

Reactions: Estlin

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Agreed. I’ve gotten tired of his act as well. I tolerate it because of his production and his value to this team, but I gotta admit, it’s getting tougher and tougher for me to justify his bull****.

The licking thing is an embarrassment and crosses a line for me. To me, it’s the same as spitting in someone’s face.

It also bothers me that a lot of posters who complain about Tom Wilson are the same ones sticking up for Marchand, who basically ended Marcus Johansson’s season back in January.
Umm, Johansson played in the playoffs. It was a bad hit, but he is known for trips, slewfoots, cupchecks and hipchecks, not headshots. Wilson goes for the headshot every single hit. Headshot >>>>>>>>>>>> slewfoot.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Umm, Johansson played in the playoffs. It was a bad hit, but he is known for trips, slewfoots, cupchecks and hipchecks, not headshots. Wilson goes for the headshot every single hit. Headshot >>>>>>>>>>>> slewfoot.
LOL, whatever man....I’m not going down that rabbit hole.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Were it not for the fact that he's become this explosive goalscorer out of nowhere, I do wonder what his career prospects would look like for this team right now....I do wonder if a trade would be in the works at some point.

Unfortunately, Brad doesn't seem to realize that the circular reasoning in play is why he takes such abuse from other players and the refs ignore it; he's out there licking people and wondering why the refs are disinclined to like him from the get go.

As he said himself, he might not have made it in the league to this day if he hadn't come in as a pest with a chip on his shoulder, but with that said, he has to remember that there's some things you just don't do in sports, and skate away with some dignity.

Licking people, it's funny one time, and one time only. Doing it a second time isn't, and you'd better believe he's just given the media, the refs, and even the DOPS another reason to hate him. And HE did it. He has no defense for it.

I don't ever want Brad to lose his competitive fire, because that's why he's become one of the most important two way, scoring wingers in this league. But I DO want him to start using some common sense when it comes down to this whole agitator role thing. Some lines you just don't cross.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
A contrite Brad Marchand regrets his antics in the playoffs - The Boston Globe

“I had no idea it was going to get this big, and that was not my intention,” said Marchand, who was informed by the NHL office following Game 4 of the Tampa Bay series that another of his “kissing” displays would be subject to supplemental discipline. “So . . . I didn’t really pay attention to it a ton at the time. I never thought for a second it was going to get that big.”

Later he added, “I think the biggest thing for me now is to really take a pretty hard look in the mirror and, you know, realize the actions, some of the things that I’m doing have much bigger consequences than I may ever think or really believe would come out of it.

“I’m really a pretty easygoing guy, and there’s not a whole lot that fazes me at all. The last thing I ever want to do is bring the embarrassment on my teammates and organization that I did.”

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
A contrite Brad Marchand regrets his antics in the playoffs - The Boston Globe

“I had no idea it was going to get this big, and that was not my intention,” said Marchand, who was informed by the NHL office following Game 4 of the Tampa Bay series that another of his “kissing” displays would be subject to supplemental discipline. “So . . . I didn’t really pay attention to it a ton at the time. I never thought for a second it was going to get that big.”

Later he added, “I think the biggest thing for me now is to really take a pretty hard look in the mirror and, you know, realize the actions, some of the things that I’m doing have much bigger consequences than I may ever think or really believe would come out of it.

“I’m really a pretty easygoing guy, and there’s not a whole lot that fazes me at all. The last thing I ever want to do is bring the embarrassment on my teammates and organization that I did.”

I wonder who spoke to him (finally)

My guess is Neely

Cassidy handled this situation too lightly if you think about it (even joked about it "mentos"). He should have told him to cut it out after the 1st time (Komorov)

Marchand antics basically cost Bruins ability to get penalty calls

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Felger and Mazz on the Marchand shtick now. Waiting for a “is it time to trade Marchand” take.
I hope they don't, 30 teams would get in line to have Marchand on their team.

Speaking as a guy who's played hockey his entire life and has had pests on his team (and been a pest), I guarantee his teammates love him, even if he goes too far once in a while.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I wonder who spoke to him (finally)

My guess is Neely

Cassidy handled this situation too lightly if you think about it (even joked about it "mentos"). He should have told him to cut it out after the 1st time (Komorov)

Marchand antics basically cost Bruins ability to get penalty calls
I'm not at all trying to defend his antics, though I thought the licking thing was funny. But if the officials allowed this stuff to factor into how they called the games, then they have no business officiating at that level.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I'm not at all trying to defend his antics, though I thought the licking thing was funny. But if the officials allowed this stuff to factor into how they called the games, then they have no business officiating at that level.

Based on what I’ve seen of late, many of them have no business officiating at that level anyway!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->