Player Discussion Brad Marchand VI‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Marchand is one of the most elite wingers in the game. Very few wingers are even close to him when it comes to all-around play. He brings it in all three zones, on special teams, and scores an unreal amount of clutch goals. However, I agree with those criticizing his antics. He absolutely needs to get the stupid out of his game. You can play aggressively with an edge without crossing the line of stupidity. He is a star now. He needs to behave like a star.
This times a million.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
March is arguably the best lwinger in the game
Plays a200 ft game
Scores
Plays on pp
Plays on pk
Sure lets trade him because of his on ice intimacy ???
Youve got to be kidding. Well unless if trading March is part of one's plan to tank...
Thought the seguin trade would teach a lesson..

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Jeez the poor Bruins with the officiating is a bit much. I get it, this series so far is the worst I've seen maybe ever, but it takes away from the fact they still lost two straight at home (again), Marchand is a clown and this team has some work to do because the series is not over

IMO the B's only lost one game at home.

If the corrupt refs would've done their friggin job in game 4 and called a blatant penalty when McAvoy was hauled down in front of the net with about 7 minutes left in the third, the B's would've had a PP instead of the Stammer goal and I'm convinced the Bruins would've won this game by at least 2 goals, but since the crooked officials were intent on screwing the Bruins as much as possible, the game went to overtime instead.

Reactions: sarge88

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
March is arguably the best lwinger in the game
Plays a200 ft game
Scores
Plays on pp
Plays on pk
Sure lets trade him because of his on ice intimacy ???
Youve got to be kidding. Well unless if trading March is part of one's plan to tank...
Thought the seguin trade would teach a lesson..
People here don’t get it. You can’t just say, “Gee, if we could just take this one thing out, he’d be perfect.” Doesn’t work with relationships. Doesn’t work with personalities. You take away these “flaws” you take away the essence of who he is and he won’t be the same. Elliott Richardson said the same of Nixon. You’ve got to win; that’s what matters. Nice guy? Who cares. Coffees for closers. Keassel, Seguin, not up to snuff vis-a-vis Bruin upstanding morality. Nice guys don’t win you Cups. Talented SOBs do.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
People here don’t get it. You can’t just say, “Gee, if we could just take this one thing out, he’d be perfect.” Doesn’t work with relationships. Doesn’t work with personalities. You take away these “flaws” you take away the essence of who he is and he won’t be the same. Elliott Richardson said the same of Nixon. You’ve got to win; that’s what matters. Nice guy? Who cares. Coffees for closers. Keassel, Seguin, not up to snuff vis-a-vis Bruin upstanding morality. Nice guys don’t win you Cups. Talented SOBs do.
Mr.i couldnt have said it better myself..smart post if i may say..
I always said he comes with his personality package and the package should not be attempted to be altered with.. His pros far outweigh his "cons" (antics if indeed one wants to call them cons).
Let him be.... Any single team would love to have him as he is i.e.any team that considers winning important

Reactions: bobbyorr04

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Mr. Nice Guy Bergeron scored the Cup winner.

:sarcasm:

Reactions: BMC

Rebel Bruin

Jan 7, 2014
Dublin
Marchand is an excellent player and he's not going anywhere but really...........
Licking?
He's got to stop. That was embarrassing.
The Komarov kiss was just about okay.....once.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

Could not possibly agree more. I'd have rather seen him lick every player on the ice and go through the handshake line as a winner than what we saw instead.

And you're 100% right. This is the player, like it or not. If Montreal fans can support divers and whiners, Canuck fans biters, Rangers fans Steve Avery, Leafs fans Kadri, Flyers fans head-hunters like Richards, Pens fans whiners, etc. etc., we can support a top 10 NHL player with his own crap. I'm not looking to root for a nice, also-ran. I want a winner, and if that winner has some character flaws, I certainly don't care. They're not raising my kids.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
Don't kid yourselves..... Anyone talking smack about Marchand would take him one their team at the drop of a hat.

That doesn't mean we have to like everything he does, but like anyone else, you'd rather have Marchand on your team.

Believe me.

Reactions: Chief Nine

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Could not possibly agree more. I'd have rather seen him lick every player on the ice and go through the handshake line as a winner than what we saw instead.

And you're 100% right. This is the player, like it or not. If Montreal fans can support divers and whiners, Canuck fans biters, Rangers fans Steve Avery, Leafs fans Kadri, Flyers fans head-hunters like Richards, Pens fans whiners, etc. etc., we can support a top 10 NHL player with his own crap. I'm not looking to root for a nice, also-ran. I want a winner, and if that winner has some character flaws, I certainly don't care. They're not raising my kids.

this is all fine as long as we don't have 30 page threads ripping these other players like we don't have one of our own. That's my issue. People defend him like he's not cheap, or a clown, or whatever. He is in my mind the best winger in the game, and with that comes the circus act, let's just call it how it is.

Reactions: Estlin and Hali33

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
this is all fine as long as we don't have 30 page threads ripping these other players like we don't have one of our own. That's my issue. People defend him like he's not cheap, or a clown, or whatever. He is in my mind the best winger in the game, and with that comes the circus act, let's just call it how it is.
I agree.

Quite honestly, I can live without any headshots or hits from behind. When he does that, it's just wrong. But cup checks, the occasional slash, trip, hip check (some call it a low bridge but it's a fine line and most of the time he's "guilty" of what used to be a hip check), I like having a player who brings that. I understand some don't, but I do. I think it helps having a player or two who teams worry about and I don't apologize for that.

I'll take the "circus act" all day for what he brings. Find me another one like him and I'd pay him even more.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I agree.

Quite honestly, I can live without any headshots or hits from behind. When he does that, it's just wrong. But cup checks, the occasional slash, trip, hip check (some call it a low bridge but it's a fine line and most of the time he's "guilty" of what used to be a hip check), I like having a player who brings that. I understand some don't, but I do. I think it helps having a player or two who teams worry about and I don't apologize for that.

I'll take the "circus act" all day for what he brings. Find me another one like him and I'd pay him even more.

I think it wears thin when he goes five games in a series with 1 goal. I certainly wouldn't deal him over the antics that's for sure.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Marchand and Pasta carried the team in March when the Bruins played the ridiculous schedule and encountered key injuries

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
The time to trade Marchand came and went years ago, and thank f***ing God we didn't. He's one of the most valuable players in the league. Trading him would be a terrific way to end our window before it even begins.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I thought his production was fine but also felt he made a lot of stupid plays that cost the Bruins at times

An improvement definitely compared to his last 40 something games, but I still want to see him be a game breaker that plays rock solid everywhere else like we know he's capable of

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

You neuter him and make him play safe, his game goes south. It's part of who he is and you have to accept it.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Or embrace it. Which is where I stand.

I've been all in and accepted what he is years ago. I'm okay with it too. It doesn't bother me when he does stuff to annoy other players. It's what he needs to do in order to spur him on to being the best version he can be.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
The time to trade Marchand came and went years ago, and thank ****ing God we didn't. He's one of the most valuable players in the league. Trading him would be a terrific way to end our window before it even begins.

Well said.. I have no idea how a bruin fan would even entertain the thought of trading Marchand. Hes a great player great contract still quite young?
Folks Chiarelli isnt here anymore(thx goodness)
Havent we played the role of "Talent Donours" more then enough.Havent we learned the devastation of this.

Reactions: Dellstrom

Tazz

Oct 4, 2017
Didn't take MARCHAND long to get out of Boston, saw him in the Halifax area today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad