Waived: Brad Boyes

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Tallon must've seen my post in the Lawson Crouse thread about a possible "gross" line and decided to end that thought right away...

We're bringing someone in. I feel it in my bones. Tallon wants scoring. He's said that more times than I can count. I don't think throwing all our kids in the lineup will solve that problem right away.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
It's not supposed to be. This is supposed to be DT's blueprint. If it's hideous there will be huge problems.

Already have huge problems. teams around us are getting better this off-season, can we honestly say the same for us that far?

I ain't throwing the book yet, not till after tomorrow or so, but if that's the roster we are putting out next year, I want DT's head

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
Already have huge problems. teams around us are getting better this off-season, can we honestly say the same for us that far?

I ain't throwing the book yet, not till after tomorrow or so, but if that's the roster we are putting out next year, I want DT's head

the best thing we could possibly do tomorrow is nothing. the free agent class is an abomination. if we sign anyone it will end up being a crippling contract

if we add someone, it has to be through trade. and i think it will be. (meaning, it doesn't necessarily have to happen tomorrow)

oOwlCat

FL > TN
Jun 24, 2010
Nashville, TN

Exactly. We've done nothing to improve since last season, other than trim some fat.... Meanwhile other teams have been aggressively addressing their weaknesses.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Exactly. We've done nothing to improve since last season, other than trim some fat.... Meanwhile other teams have been aggressively addressing their weaknesses.

Damn straight. I admire how well the Bruins have upgraded their team recently.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Okay, so I totally called Boyes getting moved, can't believe he wasn't traded though. Reading this thread and people are saying it must mean we are upgrading, why is that? It leaves room for Trocheck and Grimaldi on the wings...

Damn straight. I admire how well the Bruins have upgraded their team recently.

#StopSweeney2015 was trending in Boston :laugh:

TheEkbombIsReal

Paaaaaanthers
Aug 19, 2011
Gothenburg
Time to crawl out of my cave and get back in to hockey again :laugh:

Confused by this move, Boyes played okay in my opinion. Sure his production dipped but I can't recall me ever getting frustrated when Boyes was on the ice. Might have suppressed these thoughts though :laugh: :laugh:

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

I mean in the category of "aggressive deals", Bruins gotta be right at the top when addressing their weakness: getting their identity back. One shouldn't make compromises in magnitude and time-to-effect when addressing the vulnerable aspects in a team. :sarcasm:

Holy Jokinen

Mar 4, 2007
Tampa
My big concern, again, is depth. If we lose two guys (any two) which two guys could realistically slot in the NHL roster and be a help not a hindrance?

It gets even scarier if we send Crouse back to Juniors.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
So for forwards: we're looking at this?

Hubs-Barkov-Jagr
Pirri-Bjugstad- Hayes
Jussi-Bolland - Trocheck
?- Mack- Thornton

That's ugly

Thornton isn't starting.

Huberdeau-Barkov-Jagr
Pirri-Bjugstad-Grimaldi
Jokinen-Bolland-Trocheck
Howden-Mack-hayes

The debate if this happens is is this team better on paper than last year? We will probably know in less than a week if this is their lineup

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Thornton isn't starting.

Huberdeau-Barkov-Jagr
Pirri-Bjugstad-Grimaldi
Jokinen-Bolland-Trocheck
Howden-Mack-hayes

The debate if this happens is is this team better on paper than last year? We will probably know in less than a week if this is their lineup

am i the only on who acually likes these lines alot? no plugs like kopecky or flash? i love this line-up tbh.
we have wilson/thornton if injuries accure who can slot into the 4th and move up any of the wingers.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
FA hasn't started and this board is going bananas over Brad Boyes?? Seriously? I'd rather see what one of the kids can do anyway. We need to free up a spot, and he just wasn't that good last year. Decent, I liked him, but it's not like they're buying out Willie Mitchell.

This board makes me laugh.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
FA hasn't started and this board is going bananas over Brad Boyes?? Seriously? I'd rather see what one of the kids can do anyway. We need to free up a spot, and he just wasn't that good last year. Decent, I liked him, but it's not like they're buying out Willie Mitchell.

This board makes me laugh.

Not bananas, this is bad asset management though. It's a minor bad move, not a Bruins summer 2015 move.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Not bananas, this is bad asset management though. It's a minor bad move, not a Bruins summer 2015 move.

I'm not willing to say it's bad asset management until we know the motive. It seems too random to do this just to open up a spot for a young player. I'm pretty convinced that this is a precursor to a trade.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
"I wouldn't mind if we were the youngest team in the league"

-Tallon

Forward lineup as of right now:

Huberdeau-Barkov-Jagr
Pirri-Bjugstad-xxxx
Jokinen-Bolland-xxxx
xxxx-Mackenzie-xxxx
Scratches: Thornton

Likely additions within system:
Trocheck
Grimaldi
Crouse
Howden

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver

What was the other option? They dump a contract with a minor cap penalty. If there were no takers for him on the trade market by now the polite thing to do is buy him out and let him hit FA and hopefully sign a 1 yr deal for 1 mill or something.

Though I suppose we could have framed him for a crime and then terminated his contract :popcorn:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
My theory is that since Boyes was unnecessary for the upcoming season Tallon did him a favor and bought him out so he can make more money this offseason

What was the other option? They dump a contract with a minor cap penalty.

They could've eaten a million and traded him for a 4th or 5th. He really isn't bad.

There is no chance no one wanted him.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

-Tallon

Huberdeau-Barkov-Jagr
Pirri-Bjugstad-xxxx
Jokinen-Bolland-xxxx
xxxx-Mackenzie-xxxx

Trocheck
Grimaldi
Crouse
Howden

You forgot Hayes. He'll get signed.

Trocheck and Howden are locks, imo. Howden's issue is staying healthy but he's 100% NHL ready.

Too early to know with Crouse, but I would say he's going back to Juniors.

Grimaldi has a good shot but not a lock by any means.

If we go young, we lack quality depth if we have any injuries.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014

-Tallon

Huberdeau-Barkov-Jagr
Pirri-Bjugstad-xxxx
Jokinen-Bolland-xxxx
xxxx-Mackenzie-xxxx

Trocheck
Grimaldi
Crouse
Howden

still far from the youngest team in the league.

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver

Huberdeau-Barkov-Jagr
Pirri-Bjugstad-xxxx
Jokinen-Bolland-xxxx
xxxx-Mackenzie-xxxx

Potential additions within system:
Grimaldi
Trocheck
Howden
Crouse

Did we trade Hayes for picks?

Hubby Barkov Jagr
Pirri Jugs Grimaldi
Tro Bolland Jussi
Howie Mack Hayes

Thorny/Brickley/FA/AnyoneNotNamedKopecky

Not too shabby but hopefully Oshie or someone to bump the RW depth. Grimaldi with no backup plan is not reassuring.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
a bit puzzled. good contract. decent player. good locker room presence. hopefully it's a precursor to a trade. come on down nash!! if there is no trade involved i'm not crazy about this, worst case scenario was that boyes added good depth to the lineup at a decent cost. there has got to be someone coming hopefully via trade. hopefully nash.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad