Waived: Brad Boyes

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Odd. Didn't see that coming.

Either we are going to make a move for a RW, or expecting both Grimaldi and Crouse to make the team.

Semin is also on buyout waivers....

Erased

Jun 18, 2014
So Tallon is serious about this all youth all the time thing I guess. He must be very confident in Trocheck and Grimaldi playing on the wing next year.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Add me to the list of those who don't understand this move.

Sure as hell hope this wasn't just for budgeting reasons.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
This kind of tells me that he is giving the spots to the young guys this year.

If thats the case we can kiss the playoffs goodbye.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Yeah I don't like this unless we are bringing in a veteran forward. When you depend on scoring by committee, you need all the committee you can get.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Add me to the list of those who don't understand this move.

Sure as hell hope this wasn't just for budgeting reasons.

Tallon said he wanted speed and scoring on the right wing, Boyes provide neither.

It's also fair to assume that no other team wanted Boyes with a 2,5M price tag.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
So 36pts earns an extension, but 38pts earns a waiver? Tallon must be having more trust for the youngsters the most of appraising Trocheck, Grim, Howden, etc.

Dale, you don't have to the youngest team in the NHL.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Tallon said he wanted speed and scoring on the right wing, Boyes provide neither.

It's also fair to assume that no other team wanted Boyes with a 2,5M price tag.

now, I've been critical of Boyes in the past(goal scoring), but he did put up 38 points last year, being juggled from the 1st to 3rd line.
He was 5th in scoring for the squad, first in scoring for Right Wingers.

He only had 1 year left, we have a boatload of cap space and at worse he could of been kept after the injury bug knocks out 3 of our forwards by November.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Uhhh... ok? How about buying out Bolland, instead? Boyes has a harmless contract. Pretty sure we could have got a pick for him. Stupid move.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
is tallon secretly talking with beleksey?

i dont understand how we couldnt have moved him to a team for even a 7th rounder

Holy Jokinen

Mar 4, 2007
Tampa
Remember, the FA negotiating period actually started a couple days ago, so Tallon could have the principles of a deal in place with someone to replace Boyes. Possibly Parenteau? It seems less likely that this is about a trade unless they worked something out with Toronto for Kessel, and won't complete the trade until Toronto eats that $4mil bonus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad