Friedman: Bracco, Timashov, and Harpur on the block

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Harpur has no value. Timashov for a 4th-5th maybe if they feel he won't play when they get healthier. Bracco is interesting. 120pts in his last 118 AHL games (including playoffs) as a 21-22 year old. I think the leafs would probably move him for a similar level D prospect.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Bracco has shown an inability to learn the defensive side of the game despite an increase in effort this year. He is blocked by Marner, Nylander, Kapanen, and Moore on the right side. In my opinion, he has no future with the Leafs, so a trade is inevitable.

Timashov is an NHL player at 23 who has proven he can handle bottom six duties at this level, so i'd rather not trade him. I don't see why Dubas would randomly look to unload cheap young depth unless its in a package to address a positional need.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Something like Belpedio(solid AHL RHD with NHL skills) for Bracco. Bracco has puck skills but don't know if he has the speed or elusiveness to use them in the NHL. Also...kind of a curious line this year, worthy of a reverse Cy Young. 3g, 22a? Can that be right?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Small speedy skilled winger. We have enough of those.

Bracco would make sesne for a lot of rebuilding teams. Im looking at California (Kings, Sharks, Ducks) could all use him.

Edmonton as well

Borschevsky

Aug 9, 2005
Bracco is a great playmaker and passer but he relies too much on the PP for his production.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I would also have to think Bracco included in a Package deal with a Roster player to upgrade at a position.

They're not gonna trade away a good young prospect for the sake of it

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
lol never ! Grundy going to be a fan favorite and great player for us . Probably go down as one of the best trades in Kings history when it’s all said and done . Next year he will be full time on the Kings

If LA likes Bracco, I can see a deal like Campbell and a 4th/5th for Bracco and Hutch.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
The Blues could really use some help in San Antonio. Bracco would be a good add. Would the Leafs be interested in a similar likely career AHLer that might be a bit younger, or perhaps a similar dman? The Blues could also offer late picks in combination.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I have a feeling they got that Timashov intel before Mikheyev and Moore got hurt. Timashov is a full time player with all of those injuries (and arguably should be one even without the injuries), so I can't see them trading him right now. Maybe in the offseason when he'd have almost a full season under his belt and more teams will have room for him he could go for a mid-round pick, but he has more value to us than on the market right now.

Bracco only goes for similar value pick/prospect (either a 2nd or a prospect close to NHL ready in a different position), or a roster need like a higher end backup. He is likely traded by the TDL, but we don't need to move him.

Harpur on the block either means he requested out or they want to use him to get a 23-25 year old AAAA forward to replace a lot of the depth they lost due to call ups or injuries, or to replace Bracco. We have Hollowell and Duszak so moving Harpur could allow them to have a more permanent role on the Marlies.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Bracco is a great playmaker and passer but he relies too much on the PP for his production.

He was still in like the top 15 in terms of ES primary production last year. Most of the guys ahead of him were AHL vets in their late 20's or early 30's. Just because he was the top PP producer last year does not mean he was incapable of producing at ES as well.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Bracco seems like exactly the boom/bust acquisition San Jose should target. Our top 6 has lots of size and goal scoring ability. We lack playmaking and right wings. Beyond that our power play us been horrible and we only have one talented right handed forward in Labanc.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Why would they trade Timashov?

I was wondering the same. He’s feisty and can play. I doubt he brings back something worth more than the role he currently plays. If the return is good why not. Bracco should be traded/packaged I agree for sure. Harpur seems odd to even have on the block unless it’s an AHL trade

Moore is another guy I’d look to trade with the emergence of Engval. He’d be worth more too. Engval is actually even almost making Johnsson expandable

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Does Timashov fail the analytics test or something? He seems pretty effective based on the eye test whenever he gets a chance to play. Good physicality for a smallish player, good puck skills.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
The Blues could really use some help in San Antonio. Bravo would be a good add. Would the Leafs be interested in a similar likely career AHLer that might be a bit younger, or perhaps a similar dman? The Blues could also offer late picks in combination.
If you mean Bracco, I'm not interested. We already have Scott Walker in that role.

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
I don't see anyone trading anything of value for Harpur or Timashov, and I don't think Bracco has all that much value. I feel like players of this caliber are thrown on the block all of the time, and Friedman is only mentioning them because they're in the Leafs organization.
He mentioned them because other teams have been asking about them and the leafs are finally willing to listen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad