Friedman: Bracco, Timashov, and Harpur on the block

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Good. That they brought up Agostino instead of him just shows he has no place on that team. Better to move on.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Friedman says there are teams interested in Bracco and they’ve got calls on him before.

Not sure what value Harpur and Timashov has. Maybe if a team wants Harpur we’ll toss him on waivers or maybe a AHL swap

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I don't see anyone trading anything of value for Harpur or Timashov, and I don't think Bracco has all that much value. I feel like players of this caliber are thrown on the block all of the time, and Friedman is only mentioning them because they're in the Leafs organization.

Harpur is worthless, Timashov has proven to be an NHL 4th liner, but still likely worth a late pick. Bracco though just had over a PPG season in the AHL at 21. These guys generally develop into something. Leafs just don't have a spot for another undersized forward who plays a skill game on the team... But a team who struggles to find skill players (like Edmonton) can bring them in and pluck them with a good forward and he will produce.

Not sure what the value is, but I can see him being a similar piece as when Kapanen came back in the Kessel trade.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Yes it's much better to play guys without skill on your bottom line than is to play someone with skill.

When coaches learn that you can deploy a different strategy than one developed in 1923 the game will improve.
You know the term "skill player" doesn't just refer to a player that has skill and no one else does, right?

Reactions: egelband and leuf

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
I’ve wanted Bracco to be in the show for quite some time now . Hope the Kings are able to get him if possible . I always thought Bracco would be a cheap replacement if Leafs were to move Nylander to keep the top 3 intact. He is someone who could play in the 2nd line or 3rd line and perform I think with the right line mates .

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Kind of annoys me we aren't going to see what we have in Bracco before moving him. He could cheaply replace another player. I guess Keefe doesn't like what he saw in the minors and don't expect it to translate so they're going to get value for him before they think his value goes down if he doesn't work here.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I’ve wanted Bracco to be in the show for quite some time now . Hope the Kings are able to get him if possible . I always thought Bracco would be a cheap replacement if Leafs were to move Nylander to keep the top 3 intact. He is someone who could play in the 2nd line or 3rd line and perform I think with the right line mates .

Bracco for Grundstrom :sarcasm:

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Why would they trade Timashov?
When healthy Johnsson-Hyman-Mikheyev-Engvall are all ahead of him. The thing is right now only 2/4 are healthy so Timo is getting minutes. I would be perfectly fine with moving him especially with Korshkov/Marchment/Agostino even Brooks being options to step in at LW. We just have an absolute crap ton of wingers

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Bracco I think could have some value. Maybe in the range of a 2nd if someone really likes him, or that kind of value in a bigger trade.

Harpur cleared waivers and is bad. If someone wants him for free then sure.

Timashov I think is an NHL player but barely. Might get a 5th if someone really likes him. Nothing more

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad