Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
2yuen0.jpg

Reactions: simon IC

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
I’ve wanted Bracco to be in the show for quite some time now . Hope the Kings are able to get him if possible . I always thought Bracco would be a cheap replacement if Leafs were to move Nylander to keep the top 3 intact. He is someone who could play in the 2nd line or 3rd line and perform I think with the right line mates .

We will be happy to take back Grundstrom. We could use a bit of Grit on our bottom 6.

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
Is bracco a right or left wing? Bruins have a glut of d prospects. Not the most likely trade partners but it possible. Only if bracco is a rw

he is a RW! But tbh I doubt Boston would trade with us unless it was a fleecing and I doubt we’d accept anything less than an overpayment from Boston

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
" I want to buy those you dont want to sell, you dont sell your best , not your next best, perhaps not your 3th best, but maybe your....... "

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
This is just speculation as I haven't had the chance to watch much of Bracco in the AHL, but if I was another teams GM I would be very skeptical that a coach (Keefe) who had a player in the AHL where he has produced at a pretty high level wouldn't want to try him out in the NHL before putting him on the block. Now I understand that his path to a top 6 roll is blocked in Toronto, but there have been injuries and if Keefe really believed that Bracco was an NHL player he would have found a way to get him a game or two before he gets shopped around. This feels like a Jonathan Dahlin trade from Ottawa to Vancouver sort of deal where the stats seem to indicate the player can be an NHLer but the organization obviously doesn't have the same feeling. If Bracco is really on the block I have to believe that Toronto management and coaching staff have serious concerns about his future.

Reactions: BruinsBtn

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Do you mean top 6 in the AHL? Are you saying Bracco will drive a top line in the NHL?

Meant as more of what his potential is. Hes extremely gifted offensively and i do believe hes NHL ready. Just not supplanting Nylander or Marner at this point and doesnt fit in our bottom 6. There are NHL teams he would play for today.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
This is just speculation as I haven't had the chance to watch much of Bracco in the AHL, but if I was another teams GM I would be very skeptical that a coach (Keefe) who had a player in the AHL where he has produced at a pretty high level wouldn't want to try him out in the NHL before putting him on the block. Now I understand that his path to a top 6 roll is blocked in Toronto, but there have been injuries and if Keefe really believed that Bracco was an NHL player he would have found a way to get him a game or two before he gets shopped around. This feels like a Jonathan Dahlin trade from Ottawa to Vancouver sort of deal where the stats seem to indicate the player can be an NHLer but the organization obviously doesn't have the same feeling. If Bracco is really on the block I have to believe that Toronto management and coaching staff have serious concerns about his future.

Which of Nylander/Marner do you play out of position so Bracco could get a chance?

He's not going to get PP time or offensive opportunities here unless we have 2+ simultaneous RW injuries.

Phaneufasaurus Rex

Jun 28, 2011
The leafs are best to trade for career ahl players and picks. Don’t hurt the farm’s chances of winning but keep prospects coming. They get a bucket of 3rd and 4ths when they’re done trading players they have no room for.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Which of Nylander/Marner do you play out of position so Bracco could get a chance?

He's not going to get PP time or offensive opportunities here unless we have 2+ simultaneous RW injuries.
Again, red flags for me if the Leafs are looking for an asset back for Bracco. I would like to see a player with more flexibility in their game than being able to only play 1 side of the ice and only able to contribute if given top 6 ice time and PP time. Marner was out for a spell, Bracco never got a shot, Hyman was out, Bracco never got a shot, Johnsson out, Bracco didn't get a shot, Engvall called up, Bracco didn't get a shot, Brooks called up, Bracco didn't get a shot, Mikheyev injured, Bracco didn't get a shot. It would seem that the organization had some opportunities to see Bracco in an NHL line up and elected to go with other players. If I was an opposition GM this would be a concern. I am open to the fact that I'm not reading the situation the same way as the Leafs brass, but the optics of not giving Bracco at least a couple games makes it appear that Keefe/Dubas might not be sold on him as an NHLer.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
bracco is a top 6 forward. Doesnt bring much in terms of defensive awareness, but will drive a line. Leafs have no room

Hope you’re talking about his AHL game.

Edit: Just saw your other post. The NHL is now a game where teams basically have 3 scoring lines or at least 3 lines that have good potential to score. Seems to me that the Leafs decided to go and find pieces elsewhere rather than see what Bracco could do on the third line, which seems weird to me.

The Leafs haven’t even given him an NHL game to show them anything, so I would be buying super, super low right now in hopes he can be a good top six player. Seems like a similar situation to Fabbri.

Last edited:

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Again, red flags for me if the Leafs are looking for an asset back for Bracco. I would like to see a player with more flexibility in their game than being able to only play 1 side of the ice and only able to contribute if given top 6 ice time and PP time. Marner was out for a spell, Bracco never got a shot, Hyman was out, Bracco never got a shot, Johnsson out, Bracco didn't get a shot, Engvall called up, Bracco didn't get a shot, Brooks called up, Bracco didn't get a shot, Mikheyev injured, Bracco didn't get a shot. It would seem that the organization had some opportunities to see Bracco in an NHL line up and elected to go with other players. If I was an opposition GM this would be a concern. I am open to the fact that I'm not reading the situation the same way as the Leafs brass, but the optics of not giving Bracco at least a couple games makes it appear that Keefe/Dubas might not be sold on him as an NHLer.

Marner was the only one that actually fits your narrative. Every one else you mentioned is a LW or C lmao.

He doesn't *need* top-6 minutes with PP time, but if we're going to be playing him in a 4th line grinder role why not run Agostino or someone instead that actually has experience being a 4th line grinder?

It's not like we're talking about a 25 year old AAAA player here.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Ah, yes. The annual "The Leafs are so loaded that even our AHL'ers are elite thread". Where we have to listen to fans telling us that Carter Ashton, Peter Holland, Josh Leivo, Jerry D'amigo, TJ Brennan, Tyler Biggs, Sam Carrick, Matt Frattin, Jesse Blacker, Brendan Leipsic, Nikita Soshnikov, Calle Rosen, Garret Sparkes and Mark Arcobello are the star players every other NHL team need, yet they aren't good enough for the Leafs.
Did someone make a thread like that? It obviously wasn't a Leaf fan. This one is about Bracco, Timashov, and Harpur on the block- per Eliot Freidman. there were never any threads calling any of those players all stars. did you just make up your own board?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad