Prospect Info: Bowen Byram - D [2019: 4th Overall] Part II: Now serving a side of overconfidence!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
God those uniforms are HORRIBLE. That number and nameplate font looks like it was created in twenty minutes in Illustrator and they use it on ALL the jerseys.
I dislike the numbers and font but the uniform in general is my favorite in all of hockey.

I love the Canes 3rds too. Something about straight red on black without any separation accent colours gets me going.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
gettyimages-71345135.jpg

Now that is swag.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I dislike the numbers and font but the uniform in general is my favorite in all of hockey.

I love the Canes 3rds too. Something about straight red on black without any separation accent colours gets me going.

I think red and black is a great color scheme (albeit a tad overused) but I just don't like it for Canada.

I'm pretty conservative when it comes to national team uniform design. Get rid of the stupid "bird wings" and overwrought patterns and just put a nice simple logo on front. Don't be experimental here, that's what minor leagues and the NCAA are for.

Also, can't stand the Hockey Canada logo being on the front. Nothin' wrong with just a leaf, or partial leaf like those nifty Summit Series threads.

I was talking with some Canadian friends and y'know...there's nothing that says you have to have all or even any of your national colors on your flag. Both the Netherlands and Australia have exactly ZERO of their national colors on their flags, but it shows up in their international competition uniforms. One of them suggested using green, which would make sense as a national color for Canada, way more than just red and white. I'm sure most of the Canadians on this board would scoff at such a notion, but I digress. Not Christmas colors mind you, but a green jersey would look pretty awesome IMO.

Americans are pretty much locked into one basic look for any international competition, so there's not much leeway there. Still, they sometimes find ways to screw it up.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think red and black is a great color scheme (albeit a tad overused) but I just don't like it for Canada.

I'm pretty conservative when it comes to national team uniform design. Get rid of the stupid "bird wings" and overwrought patterns and just put a nice simple logo on front. Don't be experimental here, that's what minor leagues and the NCAA are for.

Also, can't stand the Hockey Canada logo being on the front. Nothin' wrong with just a leaf, or partial leaf like those nifty Summit Series threads.

I was talking with some Canadian friends and y'know...there's nothing that says you have to have all or even any of your national colors on your flag. Both the Netherlands and Australia have exactly ZERO of their national colors on their flags, but it shows up in their international competition uniforms. One of them suggested using green, which would make sense as a national color for Canada, way more than just red and white. I'm sure most of the Canadians on this board would scoff at such a notion, but I digress. Not Christmas colors mind you, but a green jersey would look pretty awesome IMO.

Americans are pretty much locked into one basic look for any international competition, so there's not much leeway there. Still, they sometimes find ways to screw it up.
Yeah I agree with the bird wings and all which is why I love the Canada uniforms. I think they’re so clean. I love the HC logo though. It’s a heartfelt thing. As a kid when you make all star teams you get mailed a patch from HC which is to be sewn onto your pants. You feel like a hero just to even be recognized by them. Christmas in my house was all about the world juniors. As a kid your dream is 1. To win a world junior gold for your country and 2. To win a Stanley cup. That’s how big that logo is where I’m from. So when you take that logo and stamp it onto a jersey as beautiful as that black one it’s hard for a guy like me to not fall in love.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah I agree with the bird wings and all which is why I love the Canada uniforms. I think they’re so clean. I love the HC logo though. It’s a heartfelt thing. As a kid when you make all star teams you get mailed a patch from HC which is to be sewn onto your pants. You feel like a hero just to even be recognized by them. Christmas in my house was all about the world juniors. As a kid your dream is 1. To win a world junior gold for your country and 2. To win a Stanley cup. That’s how big that logo is where I’m from. So when you take that logo and stamp it onto a jersey as beautiful as that black one it’s hard for a guy like me to not fall in love.

That's awesome stuff, I can totally understand the value of that logo in that respect.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
That's awesome stuff, I can totally understand the value of that logo in that respect.

I definitely just assumed the Hockey Canada logo was Canada’s logo/symbol when I was a kid. They’re synonymous if you grew up playing hockey.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I listened to the Spittin' Chiclets episode with Scott Gomez today and he made reference to being the last cut at the Devils camp and how he struggled when he got back as he was pissed/frustrated he didn't make the NHL and was going back to a poor team. He said the Lou went and visited him and essentially helped him getting the right mindset which helped turn his season around. I can't help but draw a parallel between the two. Hopefully the World Juniors can have a similar impact on Byram and if not Sakic needs to make a similar move as Lou if he doesn't end up getting traded.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I’ve been trying to figure out how Byram reminds me of in the way he skates. I’ve constantly mentioned several names but every time said “I think” because I wasn’t certain.

I now realize who I’m seeing. Jack Eichel. Eichel is faster and more powerful but stylistically it looks so similar.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The Giants didn’t make any trades today by the way. Bo should be playing for the Eagles by the end of the season/first round of the playoffs if they make it.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That's too bad. Was hoping Bo would get dealt to a contender to get the experience of a potential lengthy run at a championship, but I guess the Giants couldn't justify moving him while in the Wild Card spot.

Maybe they can surprise some teams though and make a run at it.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That's too bad. Was hoping Bo would get dealt to a contender to get the experience of a potential lengthy run at a championship, but I guess the Giants couldn't justify moving him while in the Wild Card spot.

Maybe they can surprise some teams though and make a run at it.
He had one last year with a lengthy run which ended in heartbreak against the Raiders last WHL Championship. I think him bowing out in the 1st or 2nd round and getting to play against men is a better step for his development IMHO.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
The Giants didn’t make any trades today by the way. Bo should be playing for the Eagles by the end of the season/first round of the playoffs if they make it.
He had one last year with a lengthy run which ended in heartbreak against the Raiders last WHL Championship. I think him bowing out in the 1st or 2nd round and getting to play against men is a better step for his development IMHO.

So the WHL/AHL rules don't apply after the WHL season is over? But once the WHL season kicks in again he's back to not being able to play in the AHL?

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
So the WHL/AHL rules don't apply after the WHL season is over? But once the WHL season kicks in again he's back to not being able to play in the AHL?

No, that's not how it works and I'm clueless as to how Byram would be AHL eligible. He's either in the CHL or NHL until he's 20. Only those out of the NCAA and Euro leagues can jump right into the AHL at 18.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Nice. A bit sad to say I’ll be rooting for the Giants to get booted as early as possible. Get this kid playing against men already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad