Prospect Info: Bowen Byram - D [2019: 4th Overall] Part II: Now serving a side of overconfidence!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
No more CHL games he could possibly play in. So let him be in the AHL.

It's a nice rule.

I get that. It's just kinda weird to have a rule that acknowledges that some of the kids who are forced to continue playing in the CHL for another year are not just ready for the next level, but ready to jump straight into the playoffs at that next level...cause it's not like there's a specific limit for how many games a CHLer can play in the AHL, just that they have to return for the CHL when they pick back up.

Or rather, it spells out -- in no uncertain terms -- that the driving factor for the CHL-AHL-NHL agreement's age restrictions is the CHL-teams' profitability, not the kids' development. Which everyone knows, but is still a little awkward to see spelled out like that in the rules.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
God those uniforms are HORRIBLE. That number and nameplate font looks like it was created in twenty minutes in Illustrator and they use it on ALL the jerseys.
Yes they are all wrong. Black is the wrong color, should be red, a 5yo knows this. Also using that Hockey Canada logo is a joke. This is NOT Hockey Canada’s team, it’s Canada’s team, I hate that corporate bullshit. To top it off the logo is ugly and stupid. A hockey player for a hockey team logo, how original!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pokecheque

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I still think these are the best jerseys Canada ever wore in international competition, but to each their own:

362.0_standard_783.0.jpg

What's your favourite Team Canada jersey?
I like that clean look. The Summit series jerseys were also amazing.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Officially cracked PPG level last night.

His current point streak is absolutely ridiculous. As a Dman to not only be on a 12 game point streak which is impressive itself, but averaging 2.0 Points per game over that stretch? Incredible really.

24 points in 12 games is just wild. And the goal scoring has really risen in this stretch as well. I still laugh at the people on the main boards calling this year a disappointment for him. After this latest stretch where he has absolutely taken over just about every game.... Certainly not a disappointment that's for sure.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Byram is a super smart kid, it comes off in his interviews and everything. It’s not just confidence, he’s very bright.

So... when he said that the Avs told him to focus on his defensive game this year after training camp, perhaps he took it to heart and really focused on that? Then once that side has shown maturation, particularly throughout the WJC, the Avs told him “okay now go back to showing the two-way style.” It’s not beyond any spectrum of reality that he didn’t focus much on offense to try and improve the defensive side.

This is a very quick kid, he gets it. He took the feedback and has shown his improvements.

Makar, Girard, and him are going to be a thing of beauty pushing offense.

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
Byram is a super smart kid, it comes off in his interviews and everything. It’s not just confidence, he’s very bright.

So... when he said that the Avs told him to focus on his defensive game this year after training camp, perhaps he took it to heart and really focused on that? Then once that side has shown maturation, particularly throughout the WJC, the Avs told him “okay now go back to showing the two-way style.” It’s not beyond any spectrum of reality that he didn’t focus much on offense to try and improve the defensive side.

This is a very quick kid, he gets it. He took the feedback and has shown his improvements.

Makar, Girard, and him are going to be a thing of beauty pushing offense.

....and Timmons

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
If Byram becomes a top pairing D the Avs are going to crush teams this decade. Add in Newhook as a top 6 guy and look the f*** out.

Don't think there is a single team in the league that is built better for long term success.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
If Byram becomes a top pairing D the Avs are going to crush teams this decade. Add in Newhook as a top 6 guy and look the f*** out.

Don't think there is a single team in the league that is built better for long term success.
I’ve been doing my best to dumb down my excitement, but next year it’s going to get difficult. We have a very special player in Makar, and might have an even better player in Byram. After 12 years of darkness, we’ve all earned to watch the Avs dominate the 2020s

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I’ve been doing my best to dumb down my excitement, but next year it’s going to get difficult. We have a very special player in Makar, and might have an even better player in Byram. After 12 years of darkness, we’ve all earned to watch the Avs dominate the 2020s

I don’t think there’s a realistic chance that Byram is going to be better than Makar. Makar has a whole other level of dynamacism, and his on ice vision is top notch.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
What are the chances Avs bring Byram for the playoffs like they did with Makar?

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I don’t think there’s a realistic chance that Byram is going to be better than Makar. Makar has a whole other level of dynamacism, and his on ice vision is top notch.
Byram is way ahead of Makar at his age. Just being optimistic. If he’s slightly less good than Makar, we’re still golden

Reactions: Foppa2118
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad