Prospect Info: Bowen Byram - D [2019: 4th Overall] Part II: Now serving a side of overconfidence!

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
GettyImages_1139383642.0.jpg

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
Someone made a note of it in the previous thread - he really could pass as Landeskog's younger brother.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Just to finish my point from the last thread. Patrick Roy was my favorite av during the golden days & the single biggest reason I became an avs fan when getting into the sport...but Patrick is & was back then, a douche. Now I love that douche, but that doesn't stop him from being a douche.

Same thing with Radulov, reporters hate him for a reason -- he's a real dick to them -- but I still loved watching him play during his prime *shrug*

...and BB is no where near as far to that end of the spectrum as Patty or Rads :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: missionAvs

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I've no problem whatsoever with him being confident and lacking humility. He could be the complete opposite of Makar and that'd be perfect. We don't need everyone to be the same.

I hope he becomes an arrogant loud mouth (vs other teams)...we don't need other fanbases to like him anyway :)

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I still am curious as to whether the Islanders will release Dobson for the WJC. Leddy's injury may affect that decision, although I am not sure it is that serious. Even if Dobson is released, Byram still likely makes the team but it will affect his role/TOI.

I am not sure what the Islanders are doing with Dobson. They have expressed concerns that sending him back to juniors will stunt his development, but his not playing at the the NHL level likely will have the same result in my mind.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Bowen Byram (Colorado): Byram has not had the great statistical season you would expect of a fourth-overall pick in junior who also was great offensively the prior season in the WHL. The team around him is not that great offensively, as of this writing the Vancouver Giants are 15 out of 22 WHL teams in goals. How much you want to put that on Byram versus his teammates is subject to debate. In the games I’ve watched, he’s looked like the same old great Byram, and reports from NHL scouts have been very positive. He’s playing the same monster minutes he was last season. This tournament will be an opportunity to silence even the minor concerns that have leaked out this season though.

Pronman: Guide to the 2020 world juniors

Reactions: Balthazar and Avs71

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
"

This and some of the other interviews during camp where he came off as pretty down to earth should reassure people that Byram isn't just some arrogant, entitled brat.

He's got a bit of an ego, but lots of top prospects do. I think part of it is the way his voice sounds too.

There's also these quotes from a recent Clark article to re-affirm that he's not a me first kind of guy.

“You have to be honest with yourself,” (Byram) said. “I was not ready to play in the NHL and I try to take the good with the bad and that is to come back to junior and develop with another crack at the roster next year. I just tried to be honest with myself and I was not ready to play.”

“There’s kind of a stereotype with high-end players not being the greatest of friends,” said Kannok-Leipert, who was a sixth-round pick in 2018 by the Washington Capitals. “But he treats everybody with a lot of respect. That’s how he was brought up. He has a really good family. He’s a really respectful guy.”

One Giant step is just a single way of describing what lies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad