Boston's 1st (Toronto)

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Last year I would've cried foul and insisted that it wasn't going to happen, this year I'll just say that while it looks likely, it is no fact. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Same.

Last year after one of these winning streaks the Bruins boards were full of Leafs fans adamantly insisting the pick wasn't going to be top ten, let alone top five. We all know what happened. Since then, the Bruins fans have gotten used to this positive outlook.

Long story short, the pick is out of everyones hand and I have given up trying to predict the pick. I also firmly believe that two things make this arguement for both fans moot:

1. Burke overpays in the long term to make sure they aren't top five. His pride dictates so.
2. Boston moves the pick before the deadline.

So in the end, the pick will be made in the 5-10 range by another team. Both fan bases will kiss and make up and go back to mutually hating the Habs.

Both fan bases need to stop using absolute statements that make them look silly.

19Yzerman19

Jul 17, 2004
Do you not have the good sense to realize that you look like a fool mocking a fanbase whose team has made your organization its b!tch?

:laugh:

Just like they did with the 3 top 10 picks from the Wesley/Carolina deal still waiting for that SC parade or the one from the Thornton/Sharks masterpiece.

Try actually winning something relevant in the last 40 years before trash talking.

;)

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
As a bruins fan, I don't think Tor will finish in the bottom 4... I think unless something drastic changes, we are looking at 5-10th overall. That pick is still going to be a good player (unless we draft hamill again...sigh) but I think that Bruins will trade the pick unless Their guy is going to be available (most likely Murphy).
Heck, maybe they will trade up if someone like Landeskog or Larsson are available at say.. 3 or 4.

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston
If I'm Boston and at 5 to 10th overall, I want Ryan Murphy. Anything else should be a player who is very NHL ready. If the team wants to make a cup run with Thomas this is necessary.

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
If I'm Boston and at 5 to 10th overall, I want Ryan Murphy. Anything else should be a player who is very NHL ready. If the team wants to make a cup run with Thomas this is necessary.

Murphy would be a good pick, you guys should have taken fowler second overall last year thou or traded back to third, that kid was great in the WJC, great for Windsor, and has been great this year. He was exactly what you needed, Seguin's good, but not so much what you needed, oh well thou.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Neither a Bruins nor a Leafs fan. I think the Leafs will finish outside of top 5 so pretty much anyone after that.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Murphy would be a good pick, you guys should have taken fowler second overall last year thou or traded back to third, that kid was great in the WJC, great for Windsor, and has been great this year. He was exactly what you needed, Seguin's good, but not so much what you needed, oh well thou.

There were two players in the 2010 draft who many scouts deemed as "can't miss prospects" and possible franchise players. You don't ever pass on that for a need.

Had the Bruins known how far down Cam was going to slip I'm sure they would have kept their 15th overall and maybe made a play to move up for him but that's the way these things work.

Either way the B's have a ton of options in this upcoming draft should that pick fall anywhere in the top 7.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC

uhhhhhg

8BostonRocker24

Feb 8, 2006
Silicon Valley
As a Bruin fan I'm hoping for one of:
Couturier, Larsson, Landeskog, Nugent-Hopkins, Hamilton, Murphy.

That's 6 players that will make most of the fanbase very very happy. Larsson is a pipedream (IMO). If that pick ends up 4 or higher, I would offer Boston's 1st and Toronto's 1st for the pick needed to draft Larsson.

RogerRoeper*

Same.

Last year after one of these winning streaks the Bruins boards were full of Leafs fans adamantly insisting the pick wasn't going to be top ten, let alone top five. We all know what happened. Since then, the Bruins fans have gotten used to this positive outlook.

Long story short, the pick is out of everyones hand and I have given up trying to predict the pick. I also firmly believe that two things make this arguement for both fans moot:

1. Burke overpays in the long term to make sure they aren't top five. His pride dictates so.
2. Boston moves the pick before the deadline.

So in the end, the pick will be made in the 5-10 range by another team. Both fan bases will kiss and make up and go back to mutually hating the Habs.

Both fan bases need to stop using absolute statements that make them look silly.

The difference this year is not the Leafs-it's other teams. The Leafs were stuck at 29th, far from the 28th overall team. This year is different. There will be much more teams selling at the deadline. The top 8 are also set in the East. That wasn't the case last year.

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
If it's a 5-10 range pick i will be very happy with one of Strome, Saad, Murphy or Hamilton.

If Chiarelli uses it to acquire an impact player i will be happy too, cant go wrong here IMO.

ed bruin

Feb 14, 2010
Newton
stop being a troll and 5-10 range id get Murphy or Hamilton because i still see quality forwards late in the first round for the Bruins to pick up like Puempel or Jurco both whom i like

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
I posted this in a different thread, but here's what my big board would look like:

Landeskog
Couturier
(try to trade up)
Larsson
(really try to trade up)
Murphy
Hamilton
Saad
RNH

Nugent-Hopkins is the lower for me than most people have him because I think he is the one guy I mentioned that really should be a center. I think Couturier can play wing and obviously the other guys are already wingers or defensemen. And between wingers and defensemen, we don't really have a stronger need for one position over the other. I like drafting forwards a lot more in general though, which is why I have Landeskog and Couturier as my top 2 choices.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Whoever it is, will be deemed a franchise player.

:laugh: Weren't you one of the guys that penciled in Kadri as your first line center getting 60+ points this year before the season started?

Please go troll elsewhere.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
:laugh:

Just like they did with the 3 top 10 picks from the Wesley/Carolina deal still waiting for that SC parade or the one from the Thornton/Sharks masterpiece.

Try actually winning something relevant in the last 40 years before trash talking.

;)
Go ask the Penguins what drafting high a bunch of times does for a franchise, I'm sure you've seen it first hand.

RogerRoeper*

Go ask the Penguins what drafting high a bunch of times does for a franchise, I'm sure you've seen it first hand.

Don't use the Penguins as an example. That won't be repeated by anyone.

You honestly think the Bruins are going to get talent like the Penguins did?

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
With a solid young base in Bergeron, Lucic, Rask, Krejci, Seguin, Horton, Wheeler, et al, another high pick can't hurt.

IMO, the Leafs finish around 24th or 25th. Murphy is the guy I want. With Stuart, Mcquaid, the Bruins have some solid young defensive defencemen, we need that offensive threat, and I think Murphy is that guy.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
Go ask Atlanta, Florida and Columbus if high picks lead to cups.

1st of all, those teams (unlike Pittsburgh, Chicago and Boston) don't spend money. 2nd of all, when was the last time those teams picked in the top 2? Atlanta got Heater (which turned into Hossa) and Kovalchuk but couldn't put a championship caliber team around them (they did win the division once though). Same with Columbus and Nash. And Florida hasn't had a high pick in a while.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad