Boston's 1st (Toronto)

CamDegs13

Nose Face Killah
Feb 9, 2007
UMass
twitter.com
I seriously hate to burst your bubble, but Couturier, Landeskog and RNH will be top 4 locks. Toronto is not worse than the Devils, Islanders, Senators and Oilers.

Considering they're playing better now than earlier in the year, I think Bruins fans should be more worried about Armia, Huberdeau, Strome, Saad, and potentially Murphy.

Why? Because the Bruins are desperate for another center right?

Saad, I can see the B's having strong interest in. Same with Murphy.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
Obviously it is going to depend on what their options are. The season is still a long way from over and the Leafs pick could rise or fall.

I see them waiting until after the lottery and if that pick ends up in the top 4 they will draft the best available player, if it is below that I think they will either talk to teams about moving up in the draft or draft Murphy.

Let's not forget that the Leafs pick could be #7 and they could win the lottery and pick as high as #2 or the pick could be #4 and a lower seeded team could win the lottery and that pick could go to #5, so even when the standings are final, there is still a chance that pick could move up or down.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I just checked the standings and if the draft order would be set as of today the bruins would be picking #5. Don't forget that the Leafs have been playing pretty well recently and are 5-4-1 over their last ten games. So this may be a trend that they are playing better or they may fall back to reality and lose six of their next ten games. Plus come the deadline the Leafs should be sellers and they will deplete their roster some more by doing that. That would make them a worse team as well.

So in reality the Bruins have a realistic chance of having a top four pick in this years draft.

IrMitchell*

Why? Because the Bruins are desperate for another center right?

Saad, I can see the B's having strong interest in. Same with Murphy.
I agree 100%, they got their guy last year and have Bergeron and Krejci.. You still can't pass up BPA when it's likely he can play the wing. Although, is that really helping Seguin?

*Is he back to playing centre yet? If I can recall he was the 4th line C against Toronto a few weeks ago.
I just checked the standings and if the draft order would be set as of today the bruins would be picking #5. Don't forget that the Leafs have been playing pretty well recently and are 5-4-1 over their last ten games. So this may be a trend that they are playing better or they may fall back to reality and lose six of their next ten games. Plus come the deadline the Leafs should be sellers and they will deplete their roster some more by doing that. That would make them a worse team as well.

So in reality the Bruins have a realistic chance of having a top four pick in this years draft.
You think Brian Burke's gonna be a seller? Can you describe that please?

He has MacArthur who will be locked up ASAP, no chance of a trade. Grabovski is playing his best hockey and will be key if he wants any chance at success next year, Kessel is his golden boy, Versteeg was just traded for and god forbid Burke not being respectful, Komisarek would help this team if he was moved, Phaneuf is our captain, Beauchemin would help this team if he was moved, etc.

It's likely he trades Kulemin despite me not wanting it at all, Burke didn't draft him and he's probably the 3rd best player on his line, Kaberle won't waive regardless of what people claim.

Our bottom 6 could be replaced with AHL players outside of Versteeg and Armstrong and have the same if not more success.

Toronto is not in any position to be a seller, in fact they couldn't even be a buyer.

mbowman

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto/Halifax
I can't believe how Leafs fans reaction are always garbage. Dude, i don't care if your team is good or sucks or what ever useless point your are trying to defend.

I wrote this thread because I wanted to know : Is Murray the Bruins' man if Larsson is out.
I did not wrote this thread to say : The Leafs are awful and will finish dead last.

Why can't Leafs fans just chilll about everything arounds their team ? I don't give a s-h-i-t about the Leafs. This thread is about what the Bruins are looking for in the upcoming draft and the Leafs' pick could possibily land the guy i'm talking about. So I don't get the point of saying they are better than team X ou worse than team Y.

Thank you

just wondering why this isn't on the bruins board if all you care about is the bruins? seems like you could be inviting quite a bit of conflict by asking a question like this in the prospects board.

sorry for the generalization (if this word applies in english) but every topic a write about their is either a Leaf or Hab fan that speaks off topic like the other dude did

i love when people apologize for something, then do it immediately again. its like saying "no offense, but you smell really bad" saying no offense doesn't make it ok. you just generalized right there bud. why apologize if you're going to do it again?

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
IMO Bruins will draft BPA. They have a ton of options with how many picks and good prospects they have so moving up isn't out of the question. They also have a nice chunk coming off the books next year so they have some money to make a signing for whatever hole they don't fill via the draft.

BPA and UFA.

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
just wondering why this isn't on the bruins board if all you care about is the bruins? seems like you could be inviting quite a bit of conflict by asking a question like this in the prospects board.

If some fans could be adults and not get all upset every time someone mentions this draft pick this wouldn't be an issue. He asked a general question which any fan of any fanbase could make an educated guess at.

People just need the get over this pick.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002

yeah dont you realize you arent allowed to discuss your draft pick possibilities in the prospects forum if it might possibly upset a Leaf fan?
how dare you....

mbowman

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto/Halifax
IrishPaulie said:
If some fans could be adults and not get all upset every time someone mentions this draft pick this wouldn't be an issue. He asked a general question which any fan of any fanbase could make an educated guess at.

People just need the get over this pick.

thats just the point. people on these boards have shown time and time again that many of them are incapable of being adults and not get upset over this pick.

yeah dont you realize you arent allowed to discuss your draft pick possibilities in the prospects forum if it might possibly upset a Leaf fan?
how dare you....

man i have no problem with rational civilized discussion about any prospect from any team. thats totally fine, and yes, this is a perfectly valid thread to post on this board based on the criteria of the prospects board. thats not the point. the point is that people on this site are often not willing to engage in civilized rational debates, rather they turn to flame wars and trolling. this kind of thread could be avoided by putting it in the bruins forum, where it would also fit nicely.

knowing hfboards, its naive to think that a post like this could end in civilized discussion

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
knowing hfboards, its naive to think that a post like this could end in civilized discussion

In all fairness some of Toronto's best trolls know no boarders when it comes to where people post things. Even if this was on the Bruins board the regulars would be filing out of the wood work to come and try and push B's fans buttons on their own board.

It's a sad reality around here. The OP wants more than just Bruins fans point of views so people are just going to have to try their best to behave.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I seriously hate to burst your bubble but there's a draft lottery and the Leafs are not locks to finish higher than the Sens. The Leafs are always playing better than they were earlier in this year, we've been hearing the same tune from Leafs fans for years how the team is different now, the reality is the Leafs will probably come crashing down to earth soon and go on another nice losing skid. Anytime you want to you can leave the thread so it can get back on topic.

But they aren't locks to finish worse, either. 2 way street. Leafs always go on a run late in the year, we hear that from other fans every year so therefor it is unlikely to be a top 5 pick.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Obviously it is going to depend on what their options are. The season is still a long way from over and the Leafs pick could rise or fall.

I see them waiting until after the lottery and if that pick ends up in the top 4 they will draft the best available player, if it is below that I think they will either talk to teams about moving up in the draft or draft Murphy.

Let's not forget that the Leafs pick could be #7 and they could win the lottery and pick as high as #2 or the pick could be #4 and a lower seeded team could win the lottery and that pick could go to #5, so even when the standings are final, there is still a chance that pick could move up or down.

You do realize you can only move up 4 spots, not 5, right?

Z-Diddy

Mar 20, 2004
Uh... Brooklyn!
Ironic coming from a Leaf fan :laugh:

The most delicious irony is that all this peacocking stems from online internet forum board posters, that can carry on hypothetical arguments for eternity

BOS fans will hype the pick
TOR fans will downvote the pick
The rest will throw jabs in to stir the pot

What would the world look like without it?

Last edited:

oilsands

dirty oil, comin 4 u
Jul 6, 2007
Halland
Looks like one of Hamilton (D), Strome (C), or Murphy (D)... with an outside shot at Coutrier.

Bmac.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Huberdeau

Very good possibility as I see the Leafs climbing up in the standings and I can see Huberdeau rising in the rankings.With Bruins possibly picking anywhere 5-10 he would be a likely choice unless they fall in love with Hamilton or Murphy.

Another player who I could see the Bruins having great interest in is Tyler Biggs,perhaps a Cam Neely clone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad