Value of: Boston getting a top 6 winger

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
So what is your deal for these 1st line players that are attainable instead of picking through the bottom of the barrel wannabe top 6?

For a guy like Forsberg I'd go all in. Two first rounders, good prospects who are ready to play. Whatever.

Ryan O'Reilly was traded for Patrik Berglund, Vladimir Sobotka and Tage Thompson, a first-round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft, and a second-round pick in the 2021 NHL Draft.

I'd imagine value is something around that range.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
For a guy like Forsberg I'd go all in. Two first rounders, good prospects who are ready to play. Whatever.

Ryan O'Reilly was traded for Patrik Berglund, Vladimir Sobotka and Tage Thompson, a first-round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft, and a second-round pick in the 2021 NHL Draft.

I'd imagine value is something around that range.

I would hate to trade Forsberg, but I said this in another thread...stacking Forsberg behind Pasta would be really entertaining to watch.

Reactions: ylekot

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
I feel something like Granlund would be great for playoffs.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
BOS apparently could have had Palmieri at the TDL last season. Presumably the GM didn't want to pay the asking price. I doubt much has changed. If BOS wants to be aggressive this season they will have to give to get. If they want a real top six wing as opposed to a middle six guy they will have to offer more than their second round pick. They can probably get a tweener at the TDL for a second rounder but it will likely not be a sure thing scorer. I'm not sure why BOS isn't trying to "go for it" last year, this year, and next year. How many years does this core have left? Once Bergeron, Marchand, Krejci, Rask and Halak are gone, at that point Pasta, McAvoy, and Carlo are all great players but not enough to build a cup contender without more high end players. I'd think the next two or three years are worth more than the two or three years after that when BOS can try to retool.

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
DeBrusk is the guy who seems to be included in most Bruins trade offers so I'm certainly not going to put a lot of value in him when his own fan base obviously doesn't. So what then would you include for Timo?:
DeBrusk is a good player when engaged. He has a good shot. The problem is he's more of a run and gun type of player while Boston is a structured team. He's played mostly with Krejci who is slow and methodical, while Jake likes to fly up and down the ice. It's a square peg in a round hole kind of deal. He is a good player and will play in the league for a long time, I just think he would fare better on another team.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
DeBrusk is a good player when engaged. He has a good shot. The problem is he's more of a run and gun type of player while Boston is a structured team. He's played mostly with Krejci who is slow and methodical, while Jake likes to fly up and down the ice. It's a square peg in a round hole kind of deal. He is a good player and will play in the league for a long time, I just think he would fare better on another team.
The ask is Timo Meier here. A player who plays a very similar game.
Doesn't seem to make much sense

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
Perhaps. Just don't see him as the main piece of the puzzle to acquire Timo
Timo ought not be a player gotten for "the guy" everyone is happy to see traded off
It's not that we want to trade him, it's that we know he has value and you have to give to get.

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
Uhh general knowledge? Name a better prospect in Boston than Studnicka
Louzan, Vaakanianen and even Zboril at this moment have played top 4 defense. Studnicka may be a 3rd line enter.....Plus i would bet Beecher is going to be better long term i believe. Bruins have other talent coming. Especially on D.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The Oilers would like to give you two.. Kassian and Neal.

No need to give us anything back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad