Value of: Boston getting a top 6 winger

Ledge And Dairy

It's been bare for years according to this board and according to a lot of media yet they keep pulling nhler's out of there farm system every year. Was Lauzon a highly ranked prospect? He's there #2 defenseman this year. Prospect rankings are stupid.
This isn't an uncommon thing that only Boston does, hell one of the players being asked for in this post is a forner 4th round pick. However, that doesn't mean those prospects have value now. Boston has a severe lack of high end prospects which makes it very difficult to trade for high end non-rental players.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Think sometimes Boston’s prospects do t get a lot of love because of how structured they play. It’s not that they brow beat the talent out of guys but they are expected to think of their house first, offence second.

Maybe that hurts them in the prospect rankings but when they come to the NHL, for the most part, they fit in seamlessly l. Especially on the backend.

Now what that does to their trade value I have no clue. But if managers value disciplined kids who act and play like professionals then you could do a lot worse.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
This isn't an uncommon thing that only Boston does, hell one of the players being asked for in this post is a forner 4th round pick. However, that doesn't mean those prospects have value now. Boston has a severe lack of high end prospects which makes it very difficult to trade for high end non-rental players.
The Bruins are ranked in bottom 10 in prospect rankings. You are discounting the value of their elc players, especially D. Lauzon and Zboril are playing 15+ minutes a game on one of the top Ds in the league and have effectively replaced Chara and Krug. The problem is the draft and who we can protect.

Ledge And Dairy

The Bruins are ranked in bottom 10 in prospect rankings. You are discounting the value of their elc players, especially D. Lauzon and Zboril are playing 15+ minutes a game on one of the top Ds in the league and have effectively replaced Chara and Krug. The problem is the draft and who we can protect.
Im not discounting them, they've been decent this year, that doesnt make them high value trade pieces though

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I agree on Buchnevich for either a late 1st+ or if you want to work something around Strudnicka, that works too.
Even though this pains me, buch would be a savage in Boston with that line up and that system. Especially the way he’s developed a mean streak the last 2 years. Looks like a different player. I have no idea what the ask would be. A late first in a meh draft? I know the rangers have been after Trent Frederic for years. Beecher is a good 1 too. Studnicka and Vaak are too much. Buch would be great cause he plays D well and in that system would probably give you around 25 goals and 50-60 points while playing PP2 maybe Pk and playing a responsible 2-way game. His next deal isn’t going to break the bank either

Last edited:
Reactions: bernmeister

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Their cupboard are bare rhey have almost nothing to work with
I would think Lohrei, Studnicka or Beecher could all be used to return a pretty good forward. But after that, it's pretty bare. Cannot imagine they're getting many calls about Vaak.

Ledge And Dairy

I would think Lohrei, Studnicka or Beecher could all be used to return a pretty good forward. But after that, it's pretty bare. Cannot imagine they're getting many calls about Vaak.
I agree with this but 3 prospects is not a lot. That's well towards the bottom of the league in terms of prospect pools. At some point a team needs to draw the line though, they can't have nothing in reserve.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
But neither are expansion exempt and both have pretty mediocre stats.

Tell me what do you think their trade value is?
I'd have to look at other teams, but in general, either a similar caliber player that is exempt, a rental forward that can play a top 6 role, or part of a package. This is academic anyway, Lauzon is hurt and Bruins cant afford to trade either right now.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Just grab Rakell, we already traded you Ritchie and kase... Rakell is the best player of the 3 and in a nice deal for next 2 years w/ ability for us to retain or take cap back if needed.

I would prefer a forward prospect + 1st, but at this point any picks and prospects are a move in the right direction for us

1st + Beecher + Kase back?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad