Value of: Boston getting a top 6 winger

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Granlund is probably your best value acquisition from us. You don't have the pieces to get Forsberg, and Arvidsson is not as good as Granlund is, but would cost a lot more.

If the Bruins wanted Granlund they had the cap space to sign him. There's no reporting that said they made any kind of pitch to him.

If the Bruins make a move it will be for a legit 1st line winger IMO, not a guy like Granlund.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
If the Bruins wanted Granlund they had the cap space to sign him. There's no reporting that said they made any kind of pitch to him.

If the Bruins make a move it will be for a legit 1st line winger IMO, not a guy like Granlund.
Granlund is a legit 1st line winger, however. And he is better than Arvidsson.

Now, nobody knew this was the case in the off-season, however. Because he wasn't that good at first with Nashville. Whatever was bothering him, he appears to have put that behind him and is now back to being the type of player we thought we were trading Fiala for in the first place. Nobody knew that would happen. We didn't know. I didn't even want the Preds to sign him this year, I was so dissatisfied with his prior stint with us. But he has totally returned to form. So indeed, nobody signed him when they could have, because they didn't know he'd get his mojo back. But he has.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Granlund is a legit 1st line winger, however. And he is better than Arvidsson.

Now, nobody knew this was the case in the off-season, however. Because he wasn't that good at first with Nashville. Whatever was bothering him, he appears to have put that behind him and is now back to being the type of player we thought we were trading Fiala for in the first place. Nobody knew that would happen. We didn't know. I didn't even want the Preds to sign him this year, I was so dissatisfied with his prior stint with us. But he has totally returned to form. So indeed, nobody signed him when they could have, because they didn't know he'd get his mojo back. But he has.

Yeah, I'm going to need a little more than 7 points in 14 games to believe you.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Yeah, I'm going to need a little more than 7 points in 14 games to believe you.
Fair enough. Our team sucks. Granlund has been our 2nd best forward after Forsberg. But I don't really care if you believe that or not. Watch the games. Or don't.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Fair enough. Our team sucks. Granlund has been our 2nd best forward after Forsberg. But I don't really care if you believe that or not. Watch the games. Or don't.

Keep him if he's so great and hope your season turns around.

But expecting teams to pay 1st line prices for a guy who is 0.5 ppg with 3 goals is laughable.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Keep him if he's so great and hope your season turns around.

But expecting teams to pay 1st line prices for a guy who is 0.5 ppg with 3 goals is laughable.
I didn't even say what I wanted for him. I just said he's going to be better value than trading for Arvidsson. Arvidsson is my favorite player. But his production relies on a fairly narrow set of parameters, and he has no 2-way game whatsoever. If you would rather go after Arvidsson instead for a huge package, go for it. But even though he's my favorite player, I acknowledge Granlund is a better hockey player. And since Granlund is a UFA, you can get him for a lot less. Maybe just a 2nd round pick if you don't need retention. You could get a better player for a lot less that way. I do not remotely care whether that interests you or not. Just giving you the information that you apparently lack. Free gift to you, public service.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Just grab Rakell, we already traded you Ritchie and kase... Rakell is the best player of the 3 and in a nice deal for next 2 years w/ ability for us to retain or take cap back if needed.

I would prefer a forward prospect + 1st, but at this point any picks and prospects are a move in the right direction for us

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

So the thread title says top 6 winger, you are offered one, then you move the goalpost and say " legit first line winger"? What's next, you are offered a " legit first line winger" then you say you want a 40 goal scorer?

Granlund is perfect, considering the realities of what BOS can afford to pay.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I didn't even say what I wanted for him. I just said he's going to be better value than trading for Arvidsson. Arvidsson is my favorite player. But his production relies on a fairly narrow set of parameters, and he has no 2-way game whatsoever. If you would rather go after Arvidsson instead for a huge package, go for it. But even though he's my favorite player, I acknowledge Granlund is a better hockey player. And since Granlund is a UFA, you can get him for a lot less. Maybe just a 2nd round pick if you don't need retention. You could get a better player for a lot less that way. I do not remotely care whether that interests you or not. Just giving you the information that you apparently lack. Free gift to you, public service.

Neither of them is a legit 1st line player.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
So the thread title says top 6 winger, you are offered one, then you move the goalpost and say " legit first line winger"? What's next, you are offered a " legit first line winger" then you say you want a 40 goal scorer?

Granlund is perfect, considering the realities of what BOS can afford to pay.

I disagree. I didn't start the thread. I didn't say they should go to the bargain bin player who might fit in the top-6 of a Cup winner. I've been consistent saying they should go after a legit 1st line winger. Nashville only has 1 of those.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Neither of them is a legit 1st line player.
You've already got 3 clear legit 1st players. You do not have the pieces to acquire somebody who is better than Arvidsson or Granlund, whatever your personal semantics are. If you want to take a position that there are only a handful of "legit 1st line players" in the league, guess what, you aren't going to get any of those. You don't have the cap space or the assets. Dunno why you bother to post in this thread, therefore. Plonk.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
You've already got 3 clear legit 1st players. You do not have the pieces to acquire somebody who is better than Arvidsson or Granlund, whatever your personal semantics are. If you want to take a position that there are only a handful of "legit 1st line players" in the league, guess what, you aren't going to get any of those. You don't have the cap space or the assets. Dunno why you bother to post in this thread, therefore. Plonk.

The Bruins have the capspace to add $15m at the deadline. You don't know what you're talking about. Donk.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Buchnevich

off top of my head, want a late 1st +

would fit multiple teams' need

what is yr bid?

I agree on Buchnevich for either a late 1st+ or if you want to work something around Strudnicka, that works too.

The Bruins probably aren't going to be in the Pavel Buchnevich market, and certainly not at the cost of a 1st rounder. If they could exchange Kase's uncertain health or the endless waiting for Bjork to put everything together, it might make sense, but that wouldn't really interest the the Rangers.

The moment he puts on a Bruins uniform, he's losing three minutes of PP time and probably at least two minutes of EV time. That's going to limit his appeal in Boston.

You'll find greener fields elsewhere.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Yeah sure.
I wouldn't mind if the Bruins add a prospect or two in a package with DeBrusk if they are getting Meier.
DeBrusk is the guy who seems to be included in most Bruins trade offers so I'm certainly not going to put a lot of value in him when his own fan base obviously doesn't. So what then would you include for Timo?:

amt98Bruin

Jul 2, 2010
Ontario
I disagree. I didn't start the thread. I didn't say they should go to the bargain bin player who might fit in the top-6 of a Cup winner. I've been consistent saying they should go after a legit 1st line winger. Nashville only has 1 of those.

Why would they go after a first line winger when we already have two of the best first line wingers in the league in Pasta and Marchand? Regardless of the acquired players talent, we'd pay first line prices to play him on the second line. And they're unlikely to get much if any PP time as our PP1 unit is already a lock, and PP2 rarely sees anytime as it is. They've greatly been missing a 2RW for years to play with Krejci, but there's no sense paying the trade value or the contract value for a first line player only to use them in as second line role.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Any interest in Jeff Carter? He playing a lot more like the old Jeff Carter finally healthy and playing well. Only reason I want to trade is to open up a spot for the kids that are coming. Would take a 2nd and good goalie prospect

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The Bruins probably aren't going to be in the Pavel Buchnevich market, and certainly not at the cost of a 1st rounder. If they could exchange Kase's uncertain health or the endless waiting for Bjork to put everything together, it might make sense, but that wouldn't really interest the the Rangers.

The moment he puts on a Bruins uniform, he's losing three minutes of PP time and probably at least two minutes of EV time. That's going to limit his appeal in Boston.

You'll find greener fields elsewhere.

Appreciate the honest and qualified feedback.

We have a divergence betw. your reply and @Creepingjeff above accepting the offer.
More from Bs pls.

But again, Buch is an open market item for best return.
A late first or equivalent is MIN starting pt.

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
DeBrusk is the guy who seems to be included in most Bruins trade offers so I'm certainly not going to put a lot of value in him when his own fan base obviously doesn't. So what then would you include for Timo?:
What do the Sharks need? The Bruins have lots of D prospects.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Why would they go after a first line winger when we already have two of the best first line wingers in the league in Pasta and Marchand? Regardless of the acquired players talent, we'd pay first line prices to play him on the second line. And they're unlikely to get much if any PP time as our PP1 unit is already a lock, and PP2 rarely sees anytime as it is. They've greatly been missing a 2RW for years to play with Krejci, but there's no sense paying the trade value or the contract value for a first line player only to use them in as second line role.

If you expect to win a Cup, you better have 1st line players on the second line and second line players on the third line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad