Value of: Boston getting a top 6 winger

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Even though this pains me, buch would be a savage in Boston with that line up and that system. Especially the way he’s developed a mean streak the last 2 years. Looks like a different player. I have no idea what the ask would be. A late first in a meh draft? I know the rangers have been after Trent Frederic for years. Beecher is a good 1 too. Studnicka and Vaak are too much. Buch would be great cause he plays D well and in that system would probably give you around 25 goals and 50-60 points while playing PP2 maybe Pk and playing a responsible 2-way game. His next deal isn’t going to break the bank either

He will want more of course, like everybody else but league $$ recovering from covid effects into next season, best case scenario. Translation, he will ask north of 5, but jump from 3.25 into the 4 range next season and the one after if he goes for 2 yrs. THEN post covid $ dynamic will change.

Only reason suggesting Rangers think about moving is we have Kravtsov end of this season and Barron coming over next, so get futures which helps us manage cap and has flexibility going forward.
Also, one less body we have to protect in exp dr

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Feel like Kreider is negative asset with that contract.
He’s not. He would have gotten more in free agency. The length is what upsets people. And the fact that we drafted LaF and have Panarin. Kreids is still a premium net front guy in the league that will give you around 30 goals a year. He’s not going to immaculately change all of a sudden. He’s a physical freak as well. I expect him to do fine on his deal. If that rangers need to move him it won’t be around til the 4th or 5th year of his current contract

Reactions: bernmeister

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
You really think Lauzon (or Zboril) would be the main piece going back in a trade for Forsberg or Arvidsson? Maybe if you add a 2nd it will get Granlund but definitely not the either of the previously mentioned 2 players.
I respect that you don't watch the Bruins so I will be nicer than I should to you.

Lauzon and Zboril have been amazing this season. Vaak is a very solid prospect.
Bruins farm system is loaded, because it doesn't crack some moron writer's top 20 really means nothing, we'll just continue to roll as a top NHL year after year with the infusion of our youth and prospects

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Jeremy Swayman, Jack Studnicka, and Mason Lohrei represent the top tier of Bruins prospects.

Urho Vaakanainen, Johnny Beecher, and Dan Vlader represent the second tier.

Personally, I think Swayman is one of the three best goalie prospects in the game. He's as untouchable as they get for Bruins prospects and a lot of non Bruins fans tend to sleep on him, which is fine.

Reactions: Estlin

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
That Lauzon doesn't have much trade value. I'd have to disagree. May not be known around the league and isn't a sexy prospect but playing top minutes, exceeding, and tough as nails doesn't go overlooked.

Lauzon definitely has trade value, I actually think he looks really damn good.

However, when you are talking about players like Forsberg, it changes the context. Forsberg is a bonafide top line winger, and would likely be the 5th best player in Boston's organization (maybe 6th, with Rask). He's going to return an absolute haul.

I think it would need to include Studnika, and if I am Boston, that one hurts a bit too much unless you are willing to go all in. It's a bit a strange year to go all in, though...

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

Ledge And Dairy

I respect that you don't watch the Bruins so I will be nicer than I should to you.

Lauzon and Zboril have been amazing this season. Vaak is a very solid prospect.
Bruins farm system is loaded, because it doesn't crack some moron writer's top 20 really means nothing, we'll just continue to roll as a top NHL year after year with the infusion of our youth and prospects
Im not insulting Boston's development program or anything. There is just nothing there besides Studnicka flashy enough to make Nashville consider moving a top end talent in their prime for.

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
if the devils are out at the deadline would you be interested in Palmeri (50% retained) for 2021st + Vaakanainen

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
if the devils are out at the deadline would you be interested in Palmeri (50% retained) for 2021st + Vaakanainen
Vaak who's not required to be protected for expansion draft, who's a future top 4 dman plus a 1st is a lot for Palmieri, who's a ufa next year. Prices would have to be high come deadline day to pull the trigger on that

Reactions: BruinsBtn

Bobbybruins

Feb 19, 2018
If Boston would be smart they would protect Lauzon and expose Grzelcyk in the expansion. With that being said I say Debrusk and Grzelcyk would be close enough to get Forsberg but Boston doesn’t need another LW. Boston should go for Johansen. Same package Debrusk/Grzelcyk with a second if Nashville retain $2mil.

Not in terms of Forsberg and Arvidsson, dont think Boston is in a position where they can afford to move him anyway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad