GDT: Boston at Buffalo 10/4/18 7PM Game 1

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
50 seasons eh.....? Yeah I remember going to Bison's games too. Before they prettied up the Aud. Even recall playing on that ice before all the improvements went in. Pretty much a dump at that point. Might have been '69 before the inaugural Sabres season. Pretty sure it was the Regals with the Metzgers that kicked our butts.....

Definitely remember seeing Blue Oyster Cult at the Aud the summer they were raising the roof........ '72? (Well, maybe remember isn't the best word to use... LoL!)

Oh ****...... there you go reminding me how old I am again!

actually, I forgot to carry the 1.... :)
I guess it's my 49th season. I got interested in hockey the year before with the Bisons. I started playing the game in 1971.

BeTheBallDanny

Oct 30, 2013
I hope i end up eating my words but I dont feel great about this opening nights lineup....

Our 3rd line is gonna get worked.

JRiz13

Apr 29, 2013
ATL
I'm so used to losing the openers that it's sort of taking away a little of the excitement.

Still pumped though, so... **** the Bruins

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
How many games until Nathan Beaulieu gets waived?

I am saying he’s in Rochester as soon as Dahlin gets comfortable and they feel confident bring up either Guhle or Pilut.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
For reference: Last Year's Opening Night Lineup

DLaJGKzUMAIxxLz.jpg

Carter Hutton will start in net for Buffalo. Zach Bogosian (lower body), Remi Elie and Matt Tennyson are expected to be scratched.

Here's the projected lineup in its entirety:

53 Jeff Skinner - 9 Jack Eichel - 23 Sam Reinhart
43 Conor Sheary - 10 Patrik Berglund - 72 Tage Thompson
17 Vladimir Sobotka - 37 Casey Mittelstadt - 21 Kyle Okposo
28 Zemgus Girgensons - 71 Evan Rodrigues - 29 Jason Pominville

6 Marco Scandella - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
19 Jake McCabe - 26 Rasmus Dahlin
82 Nathan Beaulieu - 8 Casey Nelson

40 Carter Hutton
35 Linus Ullmark

Dahlin to make NHL debut as Sabres open season vs. Boston

Doro4HsW4AI9p2y.jpg

I don't think there is one single parallel universe where Pilut does not make this lineup, just this one.

zuikan

Mar 26, 2018
Ugh, 2 more hours. Think Housley slowed down my clocks. Fire that guy.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
instead of the team p***ying out like they did with Lucic and Miller, someone better beat his ****ing ass.
They didn't p***y out. They were just patient with their response. "Goose, go get Lucic, next time we play them."

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Going to the game tonight. 1st one I've been to in a quite a while. Where's the best place to park? I'm thinking one of the parking garages on Washington street.
I like parking under the highway by the buffalo news whenever I make the trip to buffalo for a game. Easy getting out and not too much traffic to sit in to get back on to the highway usually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad