GDT: Boston at Buffalo 10/4/18 7PM Game 1

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
So does Boston's opening day throttling mean they come out focused for revenge tonight?

Or are they just a bunch of Chowdah Chumps?

The Eichel line looks like it could be genuinely good; that's a plus around here. Also can't wait to see Dahlin develop through the season and his career.

He'll quickly be on the ice half the game so that's good; something to watch.

I actually think the Sabres will win. I'm feeling good.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
So does Boston's opening day throttling mean they come out focused for revenge tonight?

Or are they just a bunch of Chowdah Chumps?

The Eichel line looks like it could be genuinely good; that's a plus around here. Also can't wait to see Dahlin develop through the season and his career.

He'll quickly be on the ice half the game so that's good; something to watch.

I actually think the Sabres will win. I'm feeling good.

Washington has won 13 straight over the Bruins.

So, I don't know how much I would expect last night's result to say a lot about how Boston will play tonight.

Krug being out is a better sign for the Sabres, IMO.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Man, what a brutal offseason... for numerous personal reasons, and here on the boards. Thank goodness Sabres hockey is back though. We can all agree on that.

To begin means it must have stopped at some point, right? :laugh:

You and me both.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
For reference: Last Year's Opening Night Lineup

DLaJGKzUMAIxxLz.jpg

Carter Hutton will start in net for Buffalo. Zach Bogosian (lower body), Remi Elie and Matt Tennyson are expected to be scratched.

Here's the projected lineup in its entirety:

53 Jeff Skinner - 9 Jack Eichel - 23 Sam Reinhart
43 Conor Sheary - 10 Patrik Berglund - 72 Tage Thompson
17 Vladimir Sobotka - 37 Casey Mittelstadt - 21 Kyle Okposo
28 Zemgus Girgensons - 71 Evan Rodrigues - 29 Jason Pominville

6 Marco Scandella - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
19 Jake McCabe - 26 Rasmus Dahlin
82 Nathan Beaulieu - 8 Casey Nelson

40 Carter Hutton
35 Linus Ullmark

Dahlin to make NHL debut as Sabres open season vs. Boston

Doro4HsW4AI9p2y.jpg

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
26CornerBlitz with a great GDT in his post.
I'm worried Boston will be super pissed after getting their asses handed to them last night.
50th season (as a fan too); let's hope for some entertaining hockey this year.

50 seasons eh.....? Yeah I remember going to Bison's games too. Before they prettied up the Aud. Even recall playing on that ice before all the improvements went in. Pretty much a dump at that point. Might have been '69 before the inaugural Sabres season. Pretty sure it was the Regals with the Metzgers that kicked our butts.....

Definitely remember seeing Blue Oyster Cult at the Aud the summer they were raising the roof........ '72? (Well, maybe remember isn't the best word to use... LoL!)

Oh ****...... there you go reminding me how old I am again!

Reactions: oldgoalie

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010

DLaJGKzUMAIxxLz.jpg

5 non NHLers (Pouliot, Larsson, Josefson, Nolan, Griffith) at forward
2 non NHLers (Antipin and Tennyson) on the backedn
Lehner in goal

Add in a few others who will be playing smaller roles today (Pominville, Beaulieu, Girgensons) and Reinhart being in his correct position.... this is an improved team.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Seeing the teams potential lineup tonight it has me excited for the season. I cannot remember a squad this deep. From the top to the bottom, 1 thru 6. Risto will not need to play 26 minutes a night. Eichel will not need to play 20 minutes every night (but he will).

Say what you want about these 2 guys but our 4th line wingers are the LW1 pre off season and a guy who scored 16 goals last year. Oh and they are centered by an actual decent player, a young fast two way player who had a .5 ppg last year. How anyone can think this team be anywhere as bad as last years. ERod had one of the best ppgs, on the team, Poms was a 16 goal scorer and Girgs was a mainstay in the middle 6 for a few years. Now those 3 guys are going to get minor minutes as they should.

I actually think Skinner and Eichel work as a duo. For the first time in ages we now have a true heavy top line. The best 3 forwards are playing together. 3 25+ goal scorers. 3 guys capable of 60+ points and 30+ goals.

Reinhart Eichel and Skinner could end up with 100 goals combined this season. This is one of the best opening night lineups we have had since 06-07.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future

DLaJGKzUMAIxxLz.jpg

Carter Hutton will start in net for Buffalo. Zach Bogosian (lower body), Remi Elie and Matt Tennyson are expected to be scratched.

Here's the projected lineup in its entirety:

53 Jeff Skinner - 9 Jack Eichel - 23 Sam Reinhart
43 Conor Sheary - 10 Patrik Berglund - 72 Tage Thompson
17 Vladimir Sobotka - 37 Casey Mittelstadt - 21 Kyle Okposo
28 Zemgus Girgensons - 71 Evan Rodrigues - 29 Jason Pominville

6 Marco Scandella - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
19 Jake McCabe - 26 Rasmus Dahlin
82 Nathan Beaulieu - 8 Casey Nelson

40 Carter Hutton
35 Linus Ullmark

Dahlin to make NHL debut as Sabres open season vs. Boston

Doro4HsW4AI9p2y.jpg
I legit forgot how bad last years opening night line up was. I am actually getting nervous for the game, which feels silly. It's just a game, but i am so afraid of having another wasted year of abysmal playing.

edit - the blue line still makes me nervous. As good as dahlin might become, he isn't that good yet. Otherwise, its almost the same.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Going to the game tonight. 1st one I've been to in a quite a while. Where's the best place to park? I'm thinking one of the parking garages on Washington street.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad