Dahlin
Skinner

Debrusk
Marchand (2)

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Sabres have yet to show they can consistently break through well structured teams. Boston looked aged yesterday, but they have a coaching staff and enough talent and firepower to follow up with a good game. Buffalo will come out swinging with excitement and energy.

I think Boston takes this one 5-4. Buffalo with 3 goals in the 1st period but then fall down as they have yet to learn how to close out games well.

Buffalo statistics
Eichel 2 goals 1 assist
Skinner 1 goal 1 assist
E-Rod 1 Goal
Reinhart 3 assists
Dahlin 2 assists
Okposo 1 Assist

Looks like Buffalo won 3 of 4 against the Bruins as a terrible 17/18 team so, there goes that... :arr:

SatanwasaSlovak

Jan 18, 2013
Malmö, Skåne
They faced off against the reigning Stanley Cup champions though. I'm nervous, it's going to be a close game but it will be interesting to see how our team fares this season, lots of changes and it's time for the youngsters to show that they belong on the big stage. It seems like the first season for them to really prove they can take the team out of the bottom barrel.

In games against Boston is always special. Love those matches. It was what started our suffering with Lucic's hit on Miller so it would be nice to hit them back this year and prove that the Sabres are ready to compete again. I miss Vanek however, he was always so good against those shitbags.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Our success seems to be hinged on Mittlestadt/Berglund being adequate in their elevated roles. Have no idea what to expect in that regard...but I am hopeful

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Well, we're back here again. Last year was such a blow that i can't be too optimistic this year. I am excited and i am hopeful, but i refuse to fall for their usual tricks again.

I just want to see improved passing and balanced scoring across all 4 lines.

Reactions: Fearnot

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
tenor.gif

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
Sabres have yet to show they can consistently break through well structured teams. Boston looked aged yesterday, but they have a coaching staff and enough talent and firepower to follow up with a good game. Buffalo will come out swinging with excitement and energy.

I think Boston takes this one 5-4. Buffalo with 3 goals in the 1st period but then fall down as they have yet to learn how to close out games well.

Buffalo statistics
Eichel 2 goals 1 assist
Skinner 1 goal 1 assist
E-Rod 1 Goal
Reinhart 3 assists
Dahlin 2 assists
Okposo 1 Assist
Uhhh you do know they haven't played a game yet right?

Reactions: Freeeeedom

SatanwasaSlovak

Jan 18, 2013
Malmö, Skåne
Can Buffalo for once not be unlucky in signing players? I'm sure with Sabres last decade of bad luck with new players, Sheary will turn out to be worse than Brad Boyes, Skinner will be Leinoed out of here and Berglund will make Steve Ott look like Mike Peca.

Or we can be positive about it. Come on Buffalo!

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
So hyped simply for the fact that I want to watch a Sabres hockey game again, hopefully that sentiment sticks throughout the season.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Here we are, finally. The lottery feels like ages ago, crazy it's been almost 6 months since then. Long summer, excited to finally have something tangible to talk about.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
What would be real cool is to have someone in the tunnel before the start of the game, asking Dahlin on camera, "Rasmus, you've waited for this moment your entire life, and now it's here. What's going through your mind right now?"

Reactions: jc17 and couture23

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->