GDT: Boston at Buffalo 10/4/18 7PM Game 1

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
What would be real cool is to have someone in the tunnel before the start of the game, asking Dahlin on camera, "Rasmus, you've waited for this moment your entire life, and now it's here. What's going through your mind right now?"

Incredible journalism.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Preaseason?

giphy.gif

insightful.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
Driving into work today and thinking about what’s lies ahead in the next 2 weeks was immediately swooshed from my mind when I remembered it’s opening night.

Now hopefully they don’t get Bruined by the team that got spanked last night.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Like the first line I am glad they keep Reinhart with Eichel.
I hope Berglund plays better than in preseason and doesn't become another pylon in the veteran cupboard.
Not thrilled with the 3rd d pairing of Beaulieu and Nelson...one of them should have been Piluts spot..he does everything better than both of them.

Now let's beat those filthy Bruins they will be coming out hard and prepared after last nights loss.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Well the entire Sabres board can agree on two things....

Win tonight
No Sabres injuries tonight

After that ... we can’t all agree on anything else :biglaugh:

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I'm not sure what to expect. Boston got destroyed in every facet of the game last night after flying back from China. Maybe the rust has worn off and they're pissed or they're even more drained. Hopefully our guys will dictate the play regardless.
So important. I tell my group every game - don’t be the reaction side. Go out and determine the pace that the game should be played at and make them react. They’re coming off a loss, and off a ton of travel. Don’t wait to see what they have - bring it to them from the getout.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Gunna be a great game ! I’m going too this one and I cannot complain, Dahlin’s first in the NHL, Eichels first as captain , A brand new first line , a new starting goalie not named Lehner. We could be this years Colorado and Toronto last too first. This is a hungry young team and in sports anything can happen so let’s enjoy the season and see what happens instead of looking too the negatives because we haven’t had this much excitement in years

Reactions: Graves and Dingo44

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
Sent home on standby today, first "day off" in weeks and it so happens to be opening night in Buffalo. Let's kick the gameday routine into high gear. Don't think I'll be catching many games live so I'm gonna try to enjoy this one.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
So important. I tell my group every game - don’t be the reaction side. Go out and determine the pace that the game should be played at and make them react. They’re coming off a loss, and off a ton of travel. Don’t wait to see what they have - bring it to them from the getout.

Between it being the home opener, being named captain, and playing Boston, I really hope Eichel sets the tone from the opening puck drop and comes out flying.

Going to the game--looking for three things:

1. An entertaining game, even if it's a loss
2. No injuries
3. Beaulieu only pukes on himself 2-3 times as opposed to 5-6.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
So, boys.

How much about how the season will go, will we be able to take away from this game?

32.7%?

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Hey Andy "Jr," whoever you might be, and Sabres fans! Good luck to your team and give them bears a huge spanking. On my part, I'm interested to see Hutton and Dahlin play, as well as the Sabres' first line and its chemistry. There's lots of offensive potential on this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad