Confirmed Trade: [BOS/ANA] Hampus Lindholm (@50%), Kodie Curran for Urho Vaakanainen, John Moore, 2022 1st, 2023 2nd, 2024 2nd

ORRMAN

Dec 3, 2008
All this time here and you don't know Moore and Vaakanainen are former 1st round picks? That's two former first rounders, a 1st round pick, and two second round picks. Maybe you should spend more time reading and less time posting, bud. :laugh:
This is the funniest post I have read in a long time. I'd forgotten that Moore was a former first rounder. What did we do?!

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Congrats to the Bruins and Sweeney for fleecing the rookie GM Verbeek. Big mistake allowing the Bruins speak to Lindholms agent and slow playing the extension until after the trade. If the Ducks had a smart GM, Hampus would have been traded to a rival like the Blues and not notify the Bruins until the last moment. Teasing the Bruins until they didn’t have time to execute a trade at the deadline. But they did it to the Ducks, well played.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Congrats to the Bruins and Sweeney for fleecing the rookie GM Verbeek. Big mistake allowing the Bruins speak to Lindholms agent and slow playing the extension until after the trade. If the Ducks had a smart GM, Hampus would have been traded to a rival like the Blues and not notify the Bruins until the last moment. Teasing the Bruins until they didn’t have time to execute a trade at the deadline. But they did it to the Ducks, well played.
Damn how did you bug Verbeeks phone? You got that real insider stuff eh.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Damn how did you bug Verbeeks phone? You got that real insider stuff eh.
Why else would they try to also pry Rakell during the last moments of the deadline. They dumped salary, got the player they wanted, didn’t give up a top prospect in their weak prospect pool… they realized Verbeek was a sucker and got greedy and thought let’s also add Rakell last minute saying it was due to Hampus not signing an extension. I wish they pulled it off… would have been a great teaching example of what not to do for future GMs. I’m surprised they didn’t also get Deslauriers in the package for free.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Which left side defenseman does this bump out of the lineup? Reilly? Forbort? Or does Clifton come out and somebody get moved to the right side?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Which left side defenseman does this bump out of the lineup? Reilly? Forbort? Or does Clifton come out and somebody get moved to the right side?

Unless one is moved, I can see them being all interchangeable depending on matchup/injuries/poor play. Boston's blueline always seems to get banged up so carrying 8 D isn't a bad idea.

Reactions: Hodge

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
When healthy, their forward group is pretty good. Pastrnak, Bergeron, Marchand are elite, Hall is no slouch either. Maybe they could add some depth for the 3rd/4th line? But a D like Lindholm seems like a much bigger gap to fill than their 4th line...

Also, if Lindholm signs with them, he's gonna be very valuable, more than just for one run.
Their 3rd line of Coyle cetring C Smith and Frederick have all been scoring at a point a game clip over their past 10 games since being put together. In fact Smith has 8 goals in his last 7 games.

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
good trade for both teams. sweeney finally address the LD position (which in my opinion, was one of the worse in the NHL), and the ducks continue on their path of building a very good team. Vaak is going be very useful NHL'er.

Reactions: Nothingbutglass

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
No updates on the possible added prospect if Lindolm re-signs with BOS? Hard to judge the deal if that's an unknown.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Solid Trade by Boston - especially considering he's considering re-signing.

Atlantic is becoming a powerhouse division

Florida - Giroux, Chiarot
Tampa - Hagel
Boston - Lindholm

Leafs - 1st round exit?

Sad - really hope Dubas makes some sort of trade - he always seemes to waste our 1st on dusters like Foligno. Really hoping we don't give a 1st for Giordano either - don't think that'll be our solution.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
No updates on the possible added prospect if Lindolm re-signs with BOS? Hard to judge the deal if that's an unknown.
This isn’t baseball with “a player to be named” trades…. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a hockey trade that included a top prospect announced later…

Verbeek is now crying in the shower… chanting “but they wanted even more because he wasn’t extending a few hours ago…”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad