Confirmed Trade: [BOS/ANA] Hampus Lindholm (@50%), Kodie Curran for Urho Vaakanainen, John Moore, 2022 1st, 2023 2nd, 2024 2nd

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
However the price was not so outrageous. If it were, I agree.

The Bruins have a strong core the next 2-4 years, especially after this trade. Those 2nd round picks likely are traded at those trade deadlines otherwise as well. The 1st is the main asset. Vaak may end up a steady #4-5 for Anaheim but has injury concerns himself. The Bruins have a number of 5-7 defensemen types already...
It would be the most expensive TDL rental in recent memory. IMO it’s outrageous if it’s only for 2 months of Lindholm.

If you added another 1st it may have been enough for Chychrun who’s locked in for a few more years. Again, if Lindholm is re-signed it’s a fair price and I get it, but if not it makes it difficult to fill other holes in the next season or two.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
It would be the most expensive TDL rental in recent memory. IMO it’s outrageous if it’s only for 2 months of Lindholm.

If you added another 1st it may have been enough for Chychrun who’s locked in for a few more years. Again, if Lindholm is re-signed it’s a fair price and I get it, but if not it makes it difficult to fill other holes in the next season or two.

He already re-signed a couple of hours ago

Reactions: The don godfather

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015

He re-signed for eight years.

Reactions: The don godfather

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
This deal makes sense for both teams. Ducks are smart not going full term with Lindholm as it doesn’t fit their timeline. For the Bruins they want to win now so they can take on the bad years for a discount now. The return is about as good as you can expect for a guy that you aren’t going to sign. For the Bruins that 1st rounder won’t be able to help until their window is closed

Reactions: Tactical Quack

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
This deal makes sense for both teams. Ducks are smart not going full term with Lindholm as it doesn’t fit their timeline. For the Bruins they want to win now so they can take on the bad years for a discount now. The return is about as good as you can expect for a guy that you aren’t going to sign. For the Bruins that 1st rounder won’t be able to help until their window is closed
I was hoping Ducks could build around him, but, oh well.

Reactions: Fighter

Tactical Quack

Mar 15, 2022
Precisely

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Bruins going to be a handful for whomever they draw. If they get a 2C, thinking maybe Krejci back, they will be a nightmare matchup
I really don't see Krejci coming back and I don't want him at this point in his career. He wasn't the same player that he was 10 years ago when he left for Europe and he's another year older now. He was a very good Bruin player for years but that ship has sailed.

-My opinion. Cheers.

PastaSawce

Mar 6, 2021
Western MA
Vaakanainen seems to be a defense only dman from stat watching?
Meh, he’s one of those guys who is okay-ish at everything, but doesn’t really excel at one thing. Bruins fans got overexcited because he played decent alongside McAvoy, but I’ve never been impressed by him. He’s also soft and VERY frequently injured. Got concussed from a dirty elbow by Borowiecki the second game of his Bruins career three years ago and has had a slew of injuries since.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Meh, he’s one of those guys who is okay-ish at everything, but doesn’t really excel at one thing. Bruins fans got overexcited because he played decent alongside McAvoy, but I’ve never been impressed by him. He’s also very soft and VERY frequently injured. Got concussed from a dirty elbow by Borowiecki the second game of his Bruins career three years ago and has had a slew of injuries since.
Yeah, but Hampus Lindholm has played an average of 50-60 games since 2019, so I think it's tit-for-tat.

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
I hate to say it, but I think Ana wins this trade. They're getting a legit prospect plus a 1st and two 2nds. Boston gets a puck moving SAH defenseman.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I hate to say it, but I think Ana wins this trade. They're getting a legit prospect plus a 1st and two 2nds. Boston gets a puck moving SAH defenseman.
Vaakarainen is injury-prone; that's the problem. Hope he recovers from his injury-prone character in Anaheim.

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015
I guess Boston robbed Anaheim a bit on this one.
Too early to tell, but I would like prospects without a worrisome injury history, unless they have a super high ceiling that makes the risk worth it. Getting a prospect who's ceiling is a lower 2nd pairing dman with that injury history, isn't worth it. You can find those type of prospects pretty easily.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Too early to tell, but I would like prospects without a worrisome injury history, unless they have a super high ceiling that makes the risk worth it. Getting a prospect who's ceiling is a lower 2nd pairing dman with that injury history, isn't worth it. You can find those type of prospects pretty easily.
Yes, it's very unfortunate for Anaheim.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I know that Lindholm is good, still...but Boston paying too much here, way too much.
trading Vaakanainen will bite them hard in a long run.

2 x two's and 1 x first + top 1st round prospect.....

Sick prize....

Lindholm better be Bruins best d-man from game 1 on.

Vaak doesn’t have anywhere close to 1st round value.

This trade really doesn’t hurt the Bruins at all which is amazing considering they added 2D in his mid prime

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I don’t think the Ducks did bad, value wise at all. The frustrating part as a Ducks fan is it goes against what we expected and kind of what what was at least implied by Verbeek.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
The Bruins draft should always be in the second half of any round, with their own picks. So it is not like ANH is getting top of the round talent, unless they
flip multiple picks to move up. They also gave themselves more room to make moves by the deadline, this year.
Lindholm won't have to be a 1A here. Much like with Taylor Hall, he will have room to breathe, and not have to carry the D squad.
Surprising that Sweeney made such a polarizing move, Out of character, swing for the fence type of move.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
The Bruins draft should always be in the second half of any round, with their own picks. So it is not like ANH is getting top of the round talent, unless they
flip multiple picks to move up. They also gave themselves more room to make moves by the deadline, this year.
Lindholm won't have to be a 1A here. Much like with Taylor Hall, he will have room to breathe, and not have to carry the D squad.
Surprising that Sweeney made such a polarizing move, Out of character, swing for the fence type of move.
Maybe, Lindholm requested a trade out of Anaheim.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00