Confirmed Trade: [BOS/ANA] Hampus Lindholm (@50%), Kodie Curran for Urho Vaakanainen, John Moore, 2022 1st, 2023 2nd, 2024 2nd

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
Lindholm is a moron if he signs an extention now. The ONLY reason to do so is if he gets 8 years on a good salary. Otherwise you wait until the summer when 32 teams can bid ofr his services. Braindead to take 10 million less...

Reactions: roman star

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
A late first, a 2nd and a meh prospect for an extended top pair D is “blowing their brains out”? You guys paid a 1st for Foligno 😂

All this time here and you don't know Moore and Vaakanainen are former 1st round picks? That's two former first rounders, a 1st round pick, and two second round picks. Maybe you should spend more time reading and less time posting, bud. :laugh:

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
but these whole 2 months plus playoffs they are paying for him is the whole reason they're paying for him. No?
I agree, I think Hampus will command closer to $7. Maybe $8.

What if they signed him for a 8x$7? Still like the deal? 8x$8? The dude's currently 28yo.
The trade is really just first right to negotiate before July 1. That's the value here.
I would hope they're only paying that price if they intended on extending him, or else why bother? With or without Lindholm, it's going to take a miracle run for Boston to get to the SCF this season.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
All this time here and you don't know Moore and Vaakanainen are former 1st round picks? That's two former first rounders, a 1st round pick, and two second round picks. Maybe you should spend more time reading and less time posting, bud. :laugh:
Wait wait wait… this guy thinks a THIRTY ONE YEAR OLD AHL player has the value of a 1st round pick because he was a 1st round pick… thirteen years ago???

By this same logic, why did the Leafa give away a former 9th overall pick for free in Ritchie??

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I would hope they're only paying that price if they intended on extending him, or else why bother? With or without Lindholm, it's going to take a miracle run for Boston to get to the SCF this season.
How? They’re just barely begins the top teams and have been playing like a top three team since January? By this logic no top team in the East should spend assets

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

No team in the East with a better record since Jan 1st when they put Hall and Pasta together.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
I'm sure it sucks to lose a player of Lindholm's caliber for an underwhelming return like this, but ultimately he's a rental so that's the way it goes.

If Bruins can extend him at reasonable rate, it's a great move.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
No team in the East with a better record since Jan 1st when they put Hall and Pasta together.
The regular season doesn't matter. Plus outside of Tampa because they have a proven track record, it's going to take a miracle for any team out East to make it to the SCF. I think the Rangers will be 1st round fodder, but they still have Shesterkin who can easily win a series by himself. There is no one easy opponent after that, and it only gets harder the deeper a team gets.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The regular season doesn't matter. Plus outside of Tampa because they have a proven track record, it's going to take a miracle for any team out East to make it to the SCF. I think the Rangers will be 1st round fodder, but they still have Shesterkin who can easily win a series by himself. There is no one easy opponent after that, and it only gets harder the deeper a team gets.

Yeah the 1st round alone looks like a nightmare but at 28 Lindholm is a longterm addition

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Yeah the 1st round alone looks like a nightmare but at 28 Lindholm is a longterm addition
I agree, it's a good move if Boston plans on extending him, but my point was if they don't it's a huge overpayment.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
So I’ll ask again, should all teams have just given up and not traded for rentals at the deadline because there are other good teams?

Reactions: Caper Bruins fan

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
So I’ll ask again, should all teams have just given up and not traded for rentals at the deadline because there are other good teams?
Depends on the team. Tampa and Florida? Sure, fine. They're both at the peak of their window.

Boston? Nope, better to wait for the offseason when the prices are more reasonable unless they plan on extending that piece or it isn't a cost that mortgages the future.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Depends on the team. Tampa and Florida? Sure, fine. They're both at the peak of their window.

Boston? Nope, better to wait for the offseason when the prices are more reasonable unless they plan on extending that piece or it isn't a cost that mortgages the future.
Keep talking like u watch Atlantic division hockey. :sarcasm:

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
From everything I am hearing Lindholm will be extending with Boston, no way a conservative guy like Sweeney gives up a 1st and 2 seconds for a rental, great job by Sweeney, very curious to see who else he picks up, he is far from done.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

However the price was not so outrageous. If it were, I agree.

The Bruins have a strong core the next 2-4 years, especially after this trade. Those 2nd round picks likely are traded at those trade deadlines otherwise as well. The 1st is the main asset. Vaak may end up a steady #4-5 for Anaheim but has injury concerns himself. The Bruins have a number of 5-7 defensemen types already...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad