Confirmed Trade: [BOS/ANA] Hampus Lindholm (@50%), Kodie Curran for Urho Vaakanainen, John Moore, 2022 1st, 2023 2nd, 2024 2nd

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
This isn’t baseball with “a player to be named” trades…. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a hockey trade that included a top prospect announced later…

Verbeek is now crying in the shower… chanting “but they wanted even more because he wasn’t extending a few hours ago…”
He's not extended yet, so for now it's just reports. I don't see how it makes sense for Hampus to sign now, except for possible injury the rest of this year. Why talk with one club only, when you can have a bidding war with all in a few months.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Verbeek is now crying in the shower… chanting “but they wanted even more because he wasn’t extending a few hours ago…”
Yeah, no, he's most certainly not crying - feel free to list the players under control for 3-ish more months that fetched bigger returns. Lindholm signing with the Bruins was why he got as much as he did after it became clear they weren't coming to terms on a deal themselves.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I'm very happy, especially if an extension is coming....

The gap between McAvoy and Grzelcyk and Carlo has always been an issue. McAvoy is a horse #1 D who can do everything at a high level. I consider Carlo and Grzelyck to be top-4 D as well. More specialized in their skillsets, but very much top-4 D. Bridging that gap is huge. So huge.

MapleLeafs94

So then I said...
Nov 18, 2016
Wtf. If 8×6.5 is the number I'm surprised that wasn't agreed upon with Anaheim. Maybe he just didn't wanna resign there after a couple bad years there and that was offered however.

Maybe I'm just an optimistic Leafs fan. But I'd imagine the Ducks are on a better trajectory than the Bruins, over a 8 year contract I think the Ducks will have had better results although its hard to say.

That being said, Lindholm and McAvoy is a scary defensive pairing on paper. From afar it seems like peanut butter and jelly, Ying and Yan, a match made in heaven. Maybe it doesn't work out but 2 talented dman like them could be 25-30 mins of dominance of the other teams top players along with the perfection line.

Maybe Bruin fans don't see it the same but I'd imagine they will be paired up right? Interested in the projected D pairing for them if a fan will share.

Reactions: SpitfireG

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Wtf. If 8×6.5 is the number I'm surprised that wasn't agreed upon with Anaheim. Maybe he just didn't wanna resign there after a couple bad years there and that was offered however.

Maybe I'm just an optimistic Leafs fan. But I'd imagine the Ducks are on a better trajectory than the Bruins, over a 8 year contract I think the Ducks will have had better results although its hard to say.

That being said, Lindholm and McAvoy is a scary defensive pairing on paper. From afar it seems like peanut butter and jelly, Ying and Yan, a match made in heaven. Maybe it doesn't work out but 2 talented dman like them could be 25-30 mins of dominance of the other teams top players along with the perfection line.

Maybe Bruin fans don't see it the same but I'd imagine they will be paired up right? Interested in the projected D pairing for them if a fan will share.

From everything that's been said and reported by Verbeek and others the Ducks wanted nothing to do with that term. I believe 4 or maybe 5 years was the max offered (at least that was publicly reported). Everyone throwing a fit over $6.5AAV isn't understanding that AAV was never a reported issue.

Last edited:

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle

I'm not so sure myself tbh, I lean more toward McAvoy & Gryz being reunited with Lindholm & Carlo pairing up. Spreads out the minutes a bit....maybe...

Reactions: MapleLeafs94

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
I understand the name recognition of Lindholm but hard to see how this isn’t a pretty big overpay for him (as well as the contract) based on his present performance.

Then again, if he’s playing with McAvoy he’s probably gonna kill. But so would pretty much anyone else.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out but I’d be pretty happy as a Ducks fan with the return, and hopeful for a bounce back from Lindholm as a Bruins fan.

MapleLeafs94

So then I said...
Nov 18, 2016
From everything that's been said and reported the Ducks wanted nothing to do with that term. I believe 4 or maybe 5 years was the max offered (at least that was publicly reported). Everyone throwing a fit over $6.5AAV isn't understanding that AAV was never a reported issue.

Well it makes sense I guess. On a 8 year deal, by year 5, Lindholm's play will most likely nosedive around that point. Zegras, Drysdale and others will be entering their prime or well within it and a potential anchor like that isn't desirable obviously.

Not overly familiar with the Ducks farm system but with Manson and Lindholm gone do they have any potential prospects to replace them? From the outside looking in some Defense In the upcoming drafts is in order.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Well it makes sense I guess. On a 8 year deal, by year 5, Lindholm's play will most likely nosedive around that point. Zegras, Drysdale and others will be entering their prime or well within it and a potential anchor like that isn't desirable obviously.

Not overly familiar with the Ducks farm system but with Manson and Lindholm gone do they have any potential prospects to replace them? From the outside looking in some Defense In the upcoming drafts is I'm order.

Why is he most likely to nosedive? How many big top pairing defensemen nosedived by 34 in the last 10 years?

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU

Not overly familiar with the Ducks farm system but with Manson and Lindholm gone do they have any potential prospects to replace them? From the outside looking in some Defense In the upcoming drafts is in order.
Seems like that's Verbeek's thought process as well.

Not next year, perhaps the year after but realistically 2-3 years out. They have 2 college defenseman to sign at the end of their respected seasons this year that have had solid seasons (Thrun, Lacombe) and they just traded for Helleson. They don't have elite potential, but could become solid 2nd pairing guys. Zellwegger is probably 3-4 years out as well who has a more dynamic aspect to his game and then of course there is Drysdale as well who is only 19.

Why is he most likely to nosedive? How many big top pairing defensemen nosedived by 34 in the last 10 years?

Vlasic (I'd say his general play style and prime is very closest to Lindholm) and I'm too Getzlaf to do more research lol. How many big top pairing defensive defenseman are there that are 34 in general?

Last edited:
Reactions: MapleLeafs94

MapleLeafs94

So then I said...
Nov 18, 2016

He could age like fine wine and play great until he's 40 for all I know. My opinion means nothing. I just feel like over 8 years around the latter part he won't be worth the price tag. Rielly who just signed a similar deal with the Leafs I feel the same way about. Not every player ages like Bergeron, Marchand and Chara like you guys are accustomed to.

Regardless it's a good move for the Bruins. He fits the rest of your cores time-line and by the end of the contract Bergeron and Marchand will be washed. Pastrnak and McAvoy are great core players but without a superstar center on the horizon you'll most likely be entering a rebuild at that point. Obtaining one of them isn't impossible however so pure conjecture on my end.

Last edited:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I know that Lindholm is good, still...but Boston paying too much here, way too much.
trading Vaakanainen will bite them hard in a long run.

2 x two's and 1 x first + top 1st round prospect.....

Sick prize....

Lindholm better be Bruins best d-man from game 1 on.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I know that Lindholm is good, still...but Boston paying too much here, way too much.
trading Vaakanainen will bite them hard in a long run.

2 x two's and 1 x first + top 1st round prospect.....

Sick prize....

Lindholm better be Bruins best d-man from game 1 on.
That's a fair price for a guy like Lindholm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad