Confirmed Trade: [BOS/ANA] Hampus Lindholm (@50%), Kodie Curran for Urho Vaakanainen, John Moore, 2022 1st, 2023 2nd, 2024 2nd

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
I meant ANH expected him to leave, I know he signed with BOS. They would not have given up what they did without being able to talk to his agent about an extension.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Doubt it, it is hockey, but hope is a good word! Considering how athletes take care of themselves, these days, 28-36 is still prime years.
It used to be said that D-man take longer to mature(understanding HOW to play) Not sure that still goes, but they do have more responsibility in the new NHL. Transitions and retrievals are to 2 big terms that come to mind.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Doubt it, it is hockey, but hope is a good word! Considering how athletes take care of themselves, these days, 28-36 is still prime years.
It used to be said that D-man take longer to mature(understanding HOW to play) Not sure that still goes, but they do have more responsibility in the new NHL. Transitions and retrievals are to 2 big terms that come to mind.
Yes, defenseman do take two to three more years to develop, as I've heard a couple of years ago. I'm not sure that's still the way, though.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I guess Boston robbed Anaheim a bit on this one.
I don’t think either team robbed the other. Prices are high at this time. Sometimes a trade tree develops further down the line. Anaheim do well long term and the B’s did well short term with the extension. Boston was never going to rent him. That was the bases of the talks.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I don’t think either team robbed the other. Prices are high at this time. Sometimes a trade tree develops further down the line. Anaheim do well long term and the B’s did well short term with the extension. Boston was never going to rent him. That was the bases of the talks.
Yeah, we'll see how Anaheim's assets pan out later on.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Hope he stays healthy throughout those eight years, though.

Huge risk obviously, but most players have that risk to some level... This trade makes me excited but man it makes me nervous too

I don't think this is a bad trade for either team, ducks got a good haul in my opinion and hopefully long term there's a great fit for the B's.

nilssont

May 27, 2007
Two 2nds perhaps isnt that big of a deal but looking at Ducks draft history and what talent has been found in the second round well at least im excited lol

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Clear 4 year win for the Bruins and the Ducks stacked some more picks.

If the cap goes up as it should, he could make it through the contract without many posts here about moving his contract. He’s the type who could definitely play well into his mid to late 30s. Most teams wouldn’t have been able to do what Boston did here, so good on them.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
Athletic peaks have been trending earlier for the last two decades, not later.

Human athletic ability peaks pretty early, but historically pro athletes also gained a lot from the experience learning curve on skills and that pushed their performance peak back a few years. But improved training from a younger age has players reaching their skill ceiling much younger and more in line with their athletic peak

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
I'm talking knowledge based peak, I know a 21-25 YO is more a physical prime than 28-32, but the 30YO should have learned the position better. (in theory)
I always thought playing as a defenseman was the hardest concept to nail. The modern game has D-man playing, what a 160 foot game. Retrievals, different breakout concepts. Hockey has evolved a long way from when I played.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Pretty sure Cam Fowler got brained right off the bat too, and he ended up fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad