Borowiecki Suspended 1 Game

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
That was ‘eh’ at worst.

If they’re gonna start suspending for this, just start punishing all hits. Every hit to some extent risks head contact, call them all reckless.

Reactions: Beville

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
That was ‘eh’ at worst.

If they’re gonna start suspending for this, just start punishing all hits. Every hit to some extent risks head contact, call them all reckless.

It’s boarderline for me but there’s a lot of people who see head contact and scream head shot. There’s gonna be head contact as long as there is body contact allowed. The line on this hit wasn’t great and it’s one Boro could have not delivered. I think given his very recent suspension he will receive some form of discipline for this hit.

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
That was ‘eh’ at worst.

I agree. This looked clean to me. Perhaps a charge...
If this is a suspendable hit then we have a problem. And I like Eakin and Vegas.

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
This will probably see a suspension for a headshot and that is the correct call. People call it a clean hit but the video shows the principle point of contact to be the head and it is very similar to the Wilson hit. If you look at the play in slow motion you can see it very clearly.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
This will probably see a suspension for a headshot and that is the correct call. People call it a clean hit but the video shows the principle point of contact to be the head and it is very similar to the Wilson hit. If you look at the play in slow motion you can see it very clearly.

Lol what?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Lmaoo the refs retroactively called a 5 min major on this

What a joke

Sensin5

Jan 27, 2013
To the crazies saying this was a predatory headshot, listen to Vegas Head Coach Gallant: "I don't think there was any intent to try and hurt the guy."

Reactions: swiftwin

Sensin5

Jan 27, 2013
If that's a suspension then open ice hits are done in this league.

Not true. They will just continue to apply rules differently to certain teams and players. Just like Boro himself was driven hard head first into the boards a few games back (by Brendan Gallagher) and there wasn't even a minor penalty.

Last edited:

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Yeah I don’t think this is that bad.

Not saying that it was milked a bit, but if you sell a hard hit these days, you’re going to draw a penalty. It’s sad.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
The sequence of this hit was very interesting as Ottawa had turned the puck over and were going in for a good scoring chance only to have the fight break out, the refs then huddled and decided they would call the initial hit a penalty, there was no indication of a penalty coming prior to the fight finishing up from what I saw, not sure that's allowed...hard to say...Boro is reckless and really only provides physicality and the fabled "leadership" I'm not sure there's much left for him in this league.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Initial video, I was meh, but the hit @ 40 seconds of the video looks more like a headshot. I believe there will be a suspension

Lol the video that clearly shows full bodies lined up makes you think it's dirty?

Ser Grogu

Dank farrik
Aug 6, 2009
Sigh....He is gonna end up with a suspension out of this.
LVv6Wqj.jpg

Reactions: Paris in Flames

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad