Borowiecki Suspended 1 Game

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
Eh. My perspective is he missed the shoulder and caught the head. I don't really care if he doesn't get another suspension tacked on.
But he's bent over. How can you hit a shoulder more than that? The only way to hit his shoulder more is if he came from the side. That would be a blindside however so you really can't win.

This is a case of a guy skating bent over, getting hit by a good and big hitter, getting shaken up and thusly the big bad bruiser gets a penalty based on outcome and people here judge based on his name.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
I think we really need to see a much better and clearer clip. When we do I might have egg on my face or might not.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
if it was shoulder to shoulder it would have been clean. but thats straight shoulder to the head. ban this dumbf*** pleasseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
But he's bent over. How can you hit a shoulder more than that? The only way to hit his shoulder more is if he came from the side. That would be a blindside however so you really can't win.

This is a case of a guy skating bent over, getting hit by a good and big hitter, getting shaken up and thusly the big bad bruiser gets a penalty based on outcome and people here judge based on his name.
Eh. I mostly just came to inform more than anything. I'd rather not embroil myself in more "should he be/shouldn't he be suspended" debate. I've done enough of it in the past to know that a guy could falcon punch someone right in the face and someone would be defending it. And maybe I'm wrong here. I'm not above admitting that. My perspective is this was a hit to the head by a guy who was suspended 16 minutes of hockey ago. But maybe I'm not seeing it right. Either way, my purpose for bumping the thread isn't to involve myself in another debate. Just point out that a guy that just got suspended just got ejected from a game.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
If that's a suspension then open ice hits are done in this league.

But sucker punches to defenseless players after the whistle are still allowed:

This league is a f***ing joke. They penalize hits that are actually part of the play, but don't penalize things that happen well after the play is blown dead that would get you an assault charge if you did it on the street.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Cause yours was a thing of brilliance.

Guy thinks that when his player gets hit to the head it's worthy of a penalty. ZOMG! BIAS! L O L!

Then I'll apologize if it was definitely a hit to the head.

I don't see it in that video.

and I'm not a Sens fan.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Eh. I mostly just came to inform more than anything. I'd rather not embroil myself in more "should he be/shouldn't he be suspended" debate. I've done enough of it in the past to know that a guy could falcon punch someone right in the face and someone would be defending it. And maybe I'm wrong here. I'm not above admitting that. My perspective is this was a hit to the head by a guy who was suspended 16 minutes of hockey ago.
I think you’re right in that it probably should be a suspension given that there was head contact. A lot of people just don’t like how soft the league is getting and players should have some responsibility for getting caught with their head down.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Then I'll apologize if it was definitely a hit to the head.

I don't see it in that video.
Fine, as I've said a post ago. Maybe I'm seeing it wrong, but I don't see where the shoulder to shoulder contact happens. And I don't think there's gonna be a better video than that. The other angles were even worse.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I think you’re right in that it probably should be a suspension given that there was head contact. A lot of people just don’t like how soft the league is getting and players should have some responsibility for getting caught with their head down.
I understand that, and I won't argue against that argument. Just when people say this is a no hitting league. There's at least a thousand hits a season that aren't remotely questionable and don't get penalized. Sure players should do a better job protecting themselves, but hitting players also have at least as much responsibility, if not more, to avoid the head when throwing a hit.

Reactions: maxbme

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
This is precisely the type of hit that Wilson is sitting 20 games for. Of course on its own this hit is maybe worth 3-5 games. Wilson's 20 games have to do with his history, but a great deal with him not "getting the message" and doing something stupid so soon after getting suspended in the playoffs. Well, how about the game right after coming back from suspension? I expect DPS to give Boro same treatment Wilson got. First, Boro just made DPS look ineffectual with this hit. They went easy on him for elbow to the head, and he comes back with shoulder to the head the very next game. I am sure they did not like that at all. Second, they might want to look consistent since parallel to Wilson's treatment in unavoidable here IMO.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Someone needs to post the angle from behind borowiecki's direction. Don't like borowiecki at all but that was a clean hit, and shouldn't have been a penalty. The refs didn't even call it til after the fight.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
But sucker punches to defenseless players after the whistle are still allowed:

This league is a ****ing joke. They penalize hits that are actually part of the play, but don't penalize things that happen well after the play is blown dead that would get you an assault charge if you did it on the street.

How is that sucker punch not a suspension?

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
How is that sucker punch not a suspension?

Because this league is a f***ing joke. They don't actually care about player safety. If a dirty play isn't high profile enough, it won't get a second look from the league. If fans cry so much that they make death threats on a player (ie. Matherson), the league will act.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Because this league is a ****ing joke. They don't actually care about player safety. If a dirty play isn't high profile enough, it won't get a second look from the league. If fans cry so much that they make death threats on a player (ie. Matherson), the league will act.

Yeah, that sucker punch was out of line.

I don't give a damn if Boro gets suspended or not, he's our worst player. What I do care about, is consistency in the league. A couple of Sens have been taken out by dirty hits this season already, and the offending players didn't even get a fine.

Reactions: swiftwin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad