Borowiecki Suspended 1 Game

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
But he was going for the full body collision, which includes the head which is leaned forward. To get his shoulder, he'd have to aim to clip his side.

Then do not do the hit. It is simple: If the principle point of contact is the head then it is an illegal hit. I really do not understand what is so hard to understand here.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Then do not do the hit. It is simple: If the principle point of contact is the head then it is an illegal hit. I really do not understand what is so hard to understand here.

Oh I'm understanding. So you're saying ban head on open ice hits, because the players head will almost always be leaning forward and receive significant contact in a full body collision.

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
Oh I'm understanding. So you're saying ban head on open ice hits, because the players head will almost always be leaning forward and receive significant contact in a full body collision.

Not every open ice hit has the head as the primary point of contact so I am not sure why you are dealing in absolutes.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Not every open ice hit has the head as the primary point of contact so I am not sure why you are dealing in absolutes.

If the collision is head on, a very huge number will include head contact. Unless the player with the puck is leaning backwards, which you must admit we don't see too often.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Why can't the NHL just come out and say they that any sort of head contact in an open ice hit will lead to suspension?

Because they understand as long as they allow body contact there will be some inadvertent contact with the head at times.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Just a curious question as I am not to sure on this, but what can Linesman actually call? I've seen people complaining about the retroactive 5 minute major/game misconduct... could the Lineman themselves have made that call, or did the fight give them the opportunity to convey what they saw to the refs.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Because they understand as long as they allow body contact there will be some inadvertent contact with the head at times.
What?

Again, it's borderline impossible to deliver an open ice hit where the head doesn't take a brunt of the impact (because of the physics).

If you have a play like that, that open ice head-on collision type of hit, which almost certainly leads to a concussion every time, the NHL should come out and publicly say you can not hit in that situation anymore. Right now they are doing that by suspending everyone who makes that hit, and that's just a shitty thing to do.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
... It'S really simple.
Do everything WITHOUT touching the head (and clipping).
If you can't avoid touching the head, don't even try to go for a hit.

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
... It'S really simple.
Do everything WITHOUT touching the head (and clipping).
If you can't avoid touching the head, don't even try to go for a hit.
But what if players constantly have their heads down or turn their back last second to make themselves "unhittable"? I see players turning all the time, thinking they can avoid a hit that way instead of just brace and take it. Suddenly you have created a way for players to be untouchable.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

You dont understand how fast hockey is if you think you have time to determine if your hit will result in contact with the head, or not.

Don't want head shots? Advocate to have body contact removed. Pretty simple

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
But what if players constantly have their heads down or turn their back last second to make themselves "unhittable"? I see players turning all the time, thinking they can avoid a hit that way instead of just brace and take it. Suddenly you have created a way for players to be untouchable.

The learn to throw a hipcheck.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
The learn to throw a hipcheck.
You can’t go low anymore either. The Marchand rule I believe it’s called.

Personally I think they should allow the flying spear. Football tackle style. How the hell else are guys going to line up their shoulder with an opponents belly button?

This one should get tossed out. It won’t because of who it is. But it should

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
You can’t go low anymore either. The Marchand rule I believe it’s called.

Personally I think they should allow the flying spear. Football tackle style. How the hell else are guys going to line up their shoulder with an opponents belly button?

This one should get tossed out. It won’t because of who it is. But it should

... If you clip a player while doing a hipcheck, you aren't doing it correctly.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
... If you clip a player while doing a hipcheck, you aren't doing it correctly.
If you are short you’ll clip every guy in the league.

Maybe that’s the answer. Guys over 6 feet can only skate backwards with their ass out to make contact. Forechecking will be hilarious. Buncha guys not looking at where they’re going slamming in to the wall.

Short guys no bum checking though. Straight up shoulders for you guys.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Again, where did I write anything like this ?

I repeat: read what is written, don't extrapolate.

Well then what you said makes zero sense. Era has nothing to do with running someone over who has the puck.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Still no answer ?

You're still making no sense so I don't even know what I'm supposed to answer.

You said "different eras" which made no sense as a response to the post you quoted. I'm still waiting for you to clarify. Once you explain yourself, I'll gladly answer any question you have. Until then, I have no idea what you're going on about and I have a feeling you don't either.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
You're still making no sense so I don't even know what I'm supposed to answer.

You said "different eras" which made no sense as a response to the post you quoted. I'm still waiting for you to clarify. Once you explain yourself, I'll gladly answer any question you have. Until then, I have no idea what you're going on about and I have a feeling you don't either.
Just read the post where I asked the question...

Child's play.

PS: Gordie Howe special and "You said "different eras" which made no sense as a response to the post you quoted." do not go together well, to paraphrase "Michelle."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad