Status
Not open for further replies.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
51R%2BD9ZxrSL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Reactions: GB

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
Power of the Dog first, for sure. It's violent, vile stuff at times. In fact, there's a sequence in this book that is hands down one of the most upsetting things I've ever ready. Never explotative though. But he's a hell of a writer. Hard to put down.

Thanks. I agree - heck of a writer. I’m going to check them out soon.

How do they compare to the force?

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Power of the Dog first, for sure. It's violent, vile stuff at times. In fact, there's a sequence in this book that is hands down one of the most upsetting things I've ever ready. Never explotative though. But he's a hell of a writer. Hard to put down.

Giving me the itch and I'm not someone who goes with genre fiction usually. Nothing against it though.

Reactions: stingo

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
Giving me the itch and I'm not someone who goes with genre fiction usually. Nothing against it though.

I’m usually not into it either, but The Force is an excellent book. Really excited to read his next one.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
I liked The Force quite a bit, but think the other two are even better. It's fiction, but Winslow has a background in some of the things he writes about so there is an authority there that isn't always present in fiction.

I hope you enjoy ... though enjoy may not be the right word. Like I said, it's heavy, nasty stuff at times.

Reactions: stingo

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
I liked The Force quite a bit, but think the other two are even better. It's fiction, but Winslow has a background in some of the things he writes about so there is an authority there that isn't always present in fiction.

I hope you enjoy ... though enjoy may not be the right word. Like I said, it's heavy, nasty stuff at times.

Right on. It’s next on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad