Books: Book(s) you are Currently Reading | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
51P7VbG9c0L._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

What did you think of that one Stingo? The only thing I know about it that Bukowski hilariously crapped on it in an interview.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
What did you think of that one Stingo? The only thing I know about it that Bukowski hilariously crapped on it in an interview.

I’m only 20% into it. I stopped & read something else, if that means anything. I wasn’t crazy about the first 20%. I’ll let you know when I finish it.

Reactions: Amerika

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Haruki Murakami's Kafka on the Beach. I read it when it first came out, but in a half-assed, fits and starts way, so I thought it's time to give the novel a proper read.

Reactions: GB

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Colonel Sun ... a James Bond novel written just after Ian Fleming's death by Kingsley Amis (pseudonymed here as Robert Markham). Captures the spirit well. Could have passed for Fleming himself.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Well I just finished The Crippled God last night

amazing series!

Next i'll read the Hyperion Cantos, followed by the Stormlight Archive. Then I think ill do a reread of the Malazan Book of the Fallen making sure to read all of the ICE novels too, along with the Kharkanas books at some point.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Dostoevsky's The Brothers Karamazov, for the reason I just think I should read more 19th century literature these days.

Later: Maybe squeeze in The Little Prince first.

Last edited:
Reactions: stingo and GB

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Just started A Dance of Dragons yesterday. Immediately after I finished A Feast of Crows.

I've been watching GoT at the same time as I read the FoC and I have to say, it's incredibly enjoyable.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
Dostoevsky's The Brothers Karamazov, for the reason I just think I should read more 19th century literature these days.

Later: Maybe squeeze in The Little Prince first.

Nice. Excited to hear your review on Brothers. I enjoyed it , but it’s a dense read at times .

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
The Damned Utd by David Peace. Prep for soccer season.

Always thought it was non-fiction. Didn't realize it's actually a novel/historical fiction. Brilliant, clever but of character study.

Reactions: GB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad