Bobrovsky first 31 games - .897 sv% 3.29 GAA

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
It's still early in the season. When Bob starts 20 of the remaining 25 games and has 25 shot shutouts in all 20 games, he's got a chance to squeak into the top 5 in SV% on the season. I feel like a lot of people are going to be eating crow come April!

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
The best part is, he had an even worse game a week later. Just last night he allowed 3 goals on 9 shots and was pulled after the first. All 3 goals were his fault.

You could remove Bob's 3-4 worst games and he would still have terrible numbers.
Fun fact:

If you remove every goalie's 4 worst games(as Bob has 4 clear games you can call his worst ones), and you only count goalies with 10 or more gp after removing those... Bob has the 3rd worst save percentage. Only Jones, & Howard are worse. In case you're wondering, Jones would have the worst sv%.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
He reminds me a lot of Bryzgalov minus the personality. Big name goalie coming from behind a very strong defensively structured team and exposed behind a mediocre defensive team desperate to fix their lingering goaltending problem.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
He'd be around .900 which is perfectly acceptable for a 10 million goalie!

Also I love his logic of "remove this bad game from him and his stats actually look better".

Oh i know, Bob owned you guys last spring and swept you away from a promising playoff run. It's ok. Maybe one day you can heal.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Imagine if they signed Lehner for half the price instead
You'll just have Florida fans tell you that he would also be terrible behind that defense. They'll ignore the fact that they've been much better with two fringe NHL goalies in net than Bob and try to explain away how someone like Jonathan Bernier has significantly better numbers than Bob despite playing on a historically bad team.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Goalies are always risky signings. Personally I would never sign any goalie for that much, but I hope for Florida's sake, he can get back on track.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
He reminds me a lot of Bryzgalov minus the personality. Big name goalie coming from behind a very strong defensively structured team and exposed behind a mediocre defensive team desperate to fix their lingering goaltending problem.

Yet the managers never learn anything.

This is Bryzaster v2.0, an even more expensive one

Reactions: I am not exposed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad