Post-Game Talk: Bobby McMann Beats Blues

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Amazing that the only thing standing between this team and the Stanley Cup is Marner, Tavares & Reilly?
I'm being sarcastic of course, but it would be nice if they carried over the mentality & discipline they had last night when those guys return.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Amazing that the only thing standing between this team and the Stanley Cup is Marner, Tavares & Reilly?
I'm being sarcastic of course, but it would be nice if they carried over the mentality & discipline they had last night when those guys return.
St Louis did make it pretty easy on them. Perhaps once they heard of all the scratches they'd thought they'd be in for an easy night.

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Does thing change anyone's mind on acquiring a RHD for this year?

If Brodie is that much better on the left side, would it not be the same as finding 2 for the price of 1.

Grab a partner for Rielly, drop Brodie down with Lilly, then Benoit and McCabe.

Gio can fill in as needed

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
It's always hilarious when we play without a star player and win, and then everybody starts acting like we don't need them, as if they don't understand the difference between rallying for a couple games with some lucky breaks like a 4th liner scoring a hatty, and performing over a full season.
It’s also hilarious to think this team can not afford to trade a “star” player because they would be lost without them, although they have won nothing of note with these players for the past 7 seasons

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
It’s also hilarious to think this team can not afford to trade a “star” player because they would be lost without them, although they have won nothing of note with these players for the past 7 seasons
I don't think we'd be "lost" if we traded a star player, but we'd almost definitely be worse, and I'm not sure why any fan would want that.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Yeah, i think if we can improve the team, we should look at distributing money more evenly. If we can replace Tavares' 26 even strength points and save a couple of mil, that should be under consideration, even if that guy has 23 or 24 ESP.

Alternatively, we could just keep doing the same thing over and over and over again. We might need a larger sample size, just to be sure.

Reactions: Thornbury

Pebble live

Oct 17, 2021
I don't think we'd be "lost" if we traded a star player, but we'd almost definitely be worse, and I'm not sure why any fan would want that.
I'd move JT if we could. That contract is probably almost impossible but replace him with another centre and a top 6 d-man and I'd do it. Domi can move between 2C and 3C if you can get another centre who can do the same I think we'd be better off with more cap space to add depth where we need it.

Reactions: Al14

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Im confused, why didn't McMann slapshot that into their empty net?
Exactly, he was trying NOT TO BE a total ASSHOLE, so he even banked it off the boards so as to not SLIDE it directly into the EMPTY net !!! He even gave the Blues player chasing it, a chance to stop it from going in !!!

Ridly Greig is such an ASSHOLE he actually BELONGS on the Ottawa Senators hockey team. He must be great pals with Mr. class act Alfredsson too.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Boy, they really are a sour bunch on the main board. We really stir the drink around here.

What's this thing about HF offering paid memberships? Who in their right mind would waste money on this place?

Im confused, why didn't McMann slapshot that into their empty net?

Because he didn't want a crosscheck.:sarcasm:

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
14 - 2 - 1 without Reilly
What is our record without marner
What is our record without JT

So it's not Keefe it's the core saying f*** you Keefe
No back passes by dman or forwards
No stretch passes
Players coming back in the D zone
This is how you need to play in the playoffs

We need a shutdown RD for Reilly to keep Brodie as a LD
Bobby great game
Robby great game not rushing his passes

Bert Domi Robertson keep them together

Keefe needs to stop catering to the core 4 they need to buy in.
No love for AM.
I remember the Leafs played a GREAT game against the Penguins not long ago when AM missed the game. As others pointed out, it is not an inadequate player in the core issue. They are all great players, but they just don't mix well. I don't believe Keefe has the ball to do that. Somehow, the image of Sullivan "counselling" Phil and Malkin when Phil and Malkin were arguing with each other on the bench in the SC playoff popped up in my head.

Reactions: horner

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
15-2-1, without Rielly in the line up over the last two season... sometimes the numbers tell the entire story. When the team plays on their toes and is hungry, they are kinda good.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
What a sorry existence should it be that someone is following Leafs fans into Leafs forum to discipline them while Leafs mods have no issues LOL

As a carbon based life form with limited life span on this planet; I am glad we have better things to do

and more importantly

GO LEAFS GO

LEAFS RULE ALL!!!

:yo:

I posted that on the main board. Thought it was funny that a poster corrected a mod regarding the correct social media. Obviously the mod didn't.

Reactions: PromisedLand

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
That must include the season Nylander didn't have a contract.o

I can't remember him missing so many games
Leafs were 20-8-0 that year before he signed, so removing that from the 46-39-12 record leaves 26-31-12.

That must stiil include mostly his rookie season - other than those 28 games he's only missed 9 in the last 8 seasons.

Reactions: Jojalu

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
What a sorry existence should it be that someone is following Leafs fans into Leafs forum to discipline them while Leafs mods have no issues LOL

As a carbon based life form with limited life span on this planet; I am glad we have better things to do

and more importantly

GO LEAFS GO

LEAFS RULE ALL!!!

:yo:
Been here a long time, and not much has changed when it comes to the bias the mods (a large chunk of them) have towards leafs fans.

People can troll, instigate and say whatever they want about the leafs and their fans and they will allow it. But as soon as you react or comment, welcome to infractionville.

Source- Me and my 17 infractions.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I'd move JT if we could. That contract is probably almost impossible but replace him with another centre and a top 6 d-man and I'd do it. Domi can move between 2C and 3C if you can get another centre who can do the same I think we'd be better off with more cap space to add depth where we need it.
With the NMC and his desire to stay in Toronto, I'd say it's virtually impossible to trade him. Best all round would probably be for him to retire after next year (or even better, after this year) and become a coach.

Improve the team, he gets to stay here, and he might even get his name on the Cup.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Tavares may have finally reached a point where we'd potentially be able to replace his impact with his cap space, but not only is that not a realistic option to move, our current GM has not really demonstrated the ability to get the necessary replacement impact out of that cap space.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
At least we know they have that ability. I’d prefer we saw more of it because I don’t believe you can just flip a switch and play at a different pace to the best of your abilities.

Practice how you want to play, and the best version of us in the playoffs will come from a team who plays like that in the regular season.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Leafs were 20-8-0 that year before he signed, so removing that from the 46-39-12 record leaves 26-31-12.

That must stiil include mostly his rookie season - other than those 28 games he's only missed 9 in the last 8 seasons.
Thanks.

I seriously was having a hard time remembering any stretch of him missing.

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
Happy for the win!!!

But let's not get too excited about how good the Leafs were. They played faster and much more focused and intense.

What allowed some of their success was also how terrible the Blues played.

I love the jump, intensity and focus. I want to see it every game. But last night's team would be feasted on by almost any team in the top third of the standings.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: