Post-Game Talk: Bobby McMann Beats Blues

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I agree you have to replace them with decent players and those players have to be committed and hard working, something we are lacking right now.
however some are paralyzed with fear claiming we would automatically be worse if we got rid of one or two of them
We would automatically be better if we got rid of one of them (I won't mention Tavares' name).

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
We would automatically be better if we got rid of one of them (I won't mention Tavares' name).

Tavares is likely gone or taking a discount on his next contract. I'd move on from Marner as well when he starts asking for Matthews money (again)

Lots of other players in the league who would be happy to make 10M+ and can play in the playoffs

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Hmm interesting. Looks like Keefe just rolled 4 lines. Interesting how when you make everyone feel important, you get a full effort. Sure it's one game. But when your a coach does this:

- plays stars 21 mins a night and
- begins putting the stars on the PK and
- even begins trying forward stars on Defense and
- holds bottom guys accountable for poor efforts, lack of grit and giveaways but not the star guys.

Then the rest of the team just thinks well WTF is the point?

Paychecks didn't dictate ice time today and the team played great, looked tenacious and depth players produced scoring chances. Go figure.

Obo

Nov 20, 2019
Im confused, why didn't McMann slapshot that into their empty net?
Because that would be crass. Instead he shouted "bank shot off the boards, nothing but net!!!" and rode his stick along the blue line as the puck slid down the ice.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
That’s Bc getting bounced in the First round is something that look at as accomplishment.
To me, the core is at a point where it should be Cup or Bust every season.
It is not about being patience with the core but rather the core is not the right mix to win it all.
"The core is not the right mix", which means we won't win the Cup, which means "Cup or Bust" is really just "Bust".

No point in wasting assets on short term fixes that won't work. We basically have to wait until one or two of "the core" are gone.

Unless we can trade a couple of third round picks for Makar, Fox, and Sorokin, we're not getting past the second round, if that, this year.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Congratulations Franken-Leafs, what an effort.

Magical night for McMann. Sometimes, just sometimes, they all go in. Cool for him.

Bert was all over the place, lets have some more of those eh bud? They'll go at some point playing like that.

Sammy being good.

Hilarious game. No reason at all to win and play one of the better ones of the year against a red hot team. Sure lol...

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
"The core is not the right mix", which means we won't win the Cup, which means "Cup or Bust" is really just "Bust".

No point in wasting assets on short term fixes that won't work. We basically have to wait until one or two of "the core" are gone.

Unless we can trade a couple of third round picks for Makar, Fox, and Sorokin, we're not getting past the second round, if that, this year.
Agree, thats why I don't think Tre should be trading rentals for the hope of winning a round.

Do believe that the core need to be shaken up, and quite frankly, I think Reilly is really the only untouchable of the Core 5.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Agree, thats why I don't think Tre should be trading rentals for the hope of winning a round.

Do believe that the core need to be shaken up, and quite frankly, I think Reilly is really the only untouchable of the Core 5.
Oh have fun for a night, plenty of time for serious, this was a fun one.

I'm gonna drop a shot of Crown for funsies, join me, we'll toast Bobby.

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
didn't watch the game, saw the scoresheet and was mindf***ed. dafuq happened

Doubled them up on shots. Pretty much everyone had a good to great game. It should have been double the score (like 7-1 at least). McMann had the Midas Touch tonight. Absolutely no dumb crap on display, especially in the 3rd with the lead. Probably more, but that's all I got for now....

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
when healthy I'd like to see this for a bit:

Knies - Matthews - Marner
Jarnkrok - Tavares - Nylander
Bertuzzi - Domi - Robertson
Holmberg - Kampf - McMann
I rather we scratch Nylander then play him with Tavares , thats how so sick i am of that duo. Or even better play Matthews as center on two lines adn JT only on ppl.

Reactions: TMLife17 and Arzak

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Best win of the year. Liljegren wasn't perfect but much improved. Maybe putting him with Gio isn't the greatest move.

Last edited:
Reactions: arso40

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
its great we won and kudos to McMann, but despite having a 5 game winning streak St. Louis is baaaaaaad....
No interest in Parayako either.
And expect our rocket scientist coach to explain why in a game or two why he will scratch McMann for Reeves

horner

May 22, 2007
14 - 2 - 1 without Reilly
What is our record without marner
What is our record without JT

So it's not Keefe it's the core saying f*** you Keefe
No back passes by dman or forwards
No stretch passes
Players coming back in the D zone
This is how you need to play in the playoffs

We need a shutdown RD for Reilly to keep Brodie as a LD
Bobby great game
Robby great game not rushing his passes

Bert Domi Robertson keep them together

Keefe needs to stop catering to the core 4 they need to buy in.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
its great we won and kudos to McMann, but despite having a 5 game winning streak St. Louis is baaaaaaad....
No interest in Parayako either.
And expect our rocket scientist coach to explain why in a game or two why he will scratch McMann for Reeves
And we tent to loose against bad teams so that must be good.

Yeah we all expect that to happen with McMann sadly.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
14 - 2 - 1 without Reilly
What is our record without marner
What is our record without JT

So it's not Keefe it's the core saying f*** you Keefe
No back passes by dman or forwards
No stretch passes
Players coming back in the D zone
This is how you need to play in the playoffs

We need a shutdown RD for Reilly to keep Brodie as a LD
Bobby great game
Robby great game not rushing his passes

Bert Domi Robertson keep them together

Keefe needs to stop catering to the core 4 they need to buy in.
Thought the bolded was interesting but doesn't seem right.

Google has without
Rielly 38-18-7
Matthews 35-19-2
Nylander 46-39-12
Marner 12-13-4

not sure why but the record without Tavares wasn't returned

• Haha
Reactions: Arzak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad