Post-Game Talk: Bobby McMann Beats Blues

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
If not for 13 minutes of McMann do they even win? They controlled the play for sure but this victory didn't feel good. Not a satisfying win for me if I am looking for a playoff ready hockey team. It feels like it was a night when one club didn't show up rather than a team seizing control.

Matthews doesn't need to score every night but he needs more than 2 sog when two of the top 6 are out. Willie with an ES point was a relief but ffs he has fallen to around 80th in the league in pp60. He was 22nd last year and that should really be his floor after the deal he was given.

I am seizing on Bobby Mac as my bright spot. Its only one game and will never be repeated but the argument with him has been he does some things pretty well but only has AHL finish and 2 goals in 35 games supports that. If that is to change he would need to break out do something to give himself and the club a bit of confidence to give him more opportunities. So good on you kid and Sheldon please play the guy for a game or two just in case there is something more there.
Willy also scored (nice to see a break go his way for a change) so it's a tie without any of McMann's goals.

Yes, it would be nice to see Matty scored every game, but obviously it's not mandatory (or likely).

Reactions: arso40

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
So we played like a team, with purpose, is what you are saying? Maybe we should try that in the Playoffs? My money is on them not showing up for the next game.

Enjoying the team while it lasts. We'll default to preferential treatment for our star in 3 2 1...

Reactions: Hellcat and Racer88

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Very impressive win.
The team showed up right from puck drop ready to play hard.
McMann with game of his life.
The Bert-Domi-Robertson line was awesome
Thought Brodie had a very strong game.

Our team has some issues but one of the biggest is consistently playing 60 minutes of intense, structured hockey. When we do actually play this way we're extremely hard to beat and our team weaknesses don't look quite as bad.
This is their weakness been this way since Gilmour left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad