Bob

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Bob is playing better with each game. I'd really like to see where he ends up this year. Right now he's been solid with only a few "soft" goals. Shutting out the Wings thus far today with 5:54 to play in third (that's just in case the CBJ lose the shutout you can blame me)

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I am guessing he's gonna get re-signed for about $2-3 mln cap hit.

Looking at his age and play he'll get more. Looks like a solid building block for CBJ's future. And (Sorry, Mason) when Mason's contarct get's dumped, Bob's new contract won't hurt the cap in any way.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Shutouts always looked to just slip away from Bob with Philly. I'm happy he finally get's one in Columbus.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Looking at his age and play he'll get more. Looks like a solid building block for CBJ's future. And (Sorry, Mason) when Mason's contarct get's dumped, Bob's new contract won't hurt the cap in any way.

Dubnyk is 2 years older but got $3.5million/season for two years. So I would expect Bob to get something like that. If Bob proves himself to be a legit starter in those 2 years then he can cash in on his next contract.

plong123

Litebrite Stinger
Mar 3, 2008
As someone who has watched Mase look SO UNCOMFORTABLE in net the last few years, I am super impressed with Bob's calmness. He is like a a little trap door spider just sitting there and waiting for his time to move. His economy of motion has been outstanding. I feel like he is growing into a real #1 goaltender before our eyes.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
As someone who has watched Mase look SO UNCOMFORTABLE in net the last few years, I am super impressed with Bob's calmness. He is like a a little trap door spider just sitting there and waiting for his time to move. His economy of motion has been outstanding. I feel like he is growing into a real #1 goaltender before our eyes.

When I see a goalie sliding to the top of his crease, head forward, smothering a puck in his body with his arms tight and pads spread to the right and left on the ice it tells me he's confident and on his game... Bob is playing like a starter right now, how long it continues is yet to be seen; with some luck he will stay consistent.

That said, even the best goalies in the league have a bad night or short steak, when this happens stay confident with Bobrovsky... a true starter will rebound the next game or two..

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I've been trying to tell people, when Bobrovsky gets starter minutes, he plays like a starter, but when you flip flop every game it doesn't let any consistency or confidence build after every game and you start to second guess yourself.

SgtJoseph*

I could not be happier for a player as i am for BOB ! Always liked the lads work ethic, athleticism, etc.I think Columbus is a great place for him to develop along in his career, where as in Philly its a serios pressure cooker for ANY goalie let alone a youngster........Hope your club continues to play well with BOB tween the pipes !

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Bob has looked as good as our entire team during this little streak. So I'm going to give it a wait and see before I proclaim him the answer. He has certainly played well enough to make Mason irrelevant (if he had any relevance in the first place).

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
It's official. Bob is better than Crosby. :sarcasm:

First star if the week:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=659552&navid=nhl:topheads

:handclap:

haha did anyone see the #bringbackbob thread in the Philly board...HA for a second rd pick...

Ive been saying since we got him, if you play him in a starter role, he will put up starter numbers. And it definitely helps having a capable D in front of him, but hes come up HUGE game in and game out.

Bobrovsky posted a League-high four victories to go along with a 0.77 goals-against average, .972 save percentage and one shutout as Columbus stretched its winning streak to five games. He began the week with 18 saves, plus another two in the shootout, upon relieving Steve Mason in a 4-3 triumph over the Edmonton Oilers March 5. Bobrovsky then made 34 stops, including 16 in the second period, in a 2-1 overtime victory against the Vancouver Canucks March 7. He capped his performance with a pair of weekend wins over the Detroit Red Wings, recording 30 saves for his first career shutout March 9 and another 21 stops in a 3-2 shootout victory March 10. Bobrovsky has gone 6-1-1 in his last eight games, improving his record to 8-6-3 with a 2.27 goals-against average and .919 save percentage in 17 appearances this season. In 100 career NHL games, the 24-year-old has posted a 50-29-13 record with a 2.65 goals-against average and .911 save percentage.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Just saw on the NHL Network.... Bob gets first NHL star of the week...

To bad I'm still thinking the Jackets will repeat history and tank the next game and many more afterwards... we will see what the post Howson and Nash team is made of soon..

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
We have seen this movie before. Remember our near Vezina winning goalie who got signed to a long term deal? Or some of the other flashes? Bob has been great the past 4 games but lets wait till the season is over to anoint him the new Marty.

IHeartZherdev*

We have seen this movie before. Remember our near Vezina winning goalie who got signed to a long term deal? Or some of the other flashes? Bob has been great the past 4 games but lets wait till the season is over to anoint him the new Marty.

Bob > Marty

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I thought they meant Marty Reasoner! :laugh:

No way ... this has to be the prettiest hockey face of all-time here...

8464967.jpg

My favorite Marty Reasoner moment? Hearing Darren Pang ask Dave Strader: "Is he even shaving yet?!" :laugh:

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY

Actually, he has been pretty good in his last nine (one 1.000 performance was in relief)... he's 6-1-2 in those games giving up only 2 goals or less in 8 of them...

It's still to early in his CBJ career to say he will the CBJ franchise goalie for the next five years but he's been great in more than just the last 4 games...

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
No way ... this has to be the prettiest hockey face of all-time here...

8464967.jpg

My favorite Marty Reasoner moment? Hearing Darren Pang ask Dave Strader: "Is he even shaving yet?!" :laugh:

Mine is when Mactavish compared to him with Joe Sakic(or he said he has the potential to be like Sakic) and had him on the top line during parts of a season during his Oilers days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad