Bob

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Nice.... with some luck his recent play isn't a fluke and we have solid goaltender for the next few years....

And btw, for those plagued with memories of Mason's rookie season, the evolution of Bobrovsky and Mason have nothing in common.... They are two independent events, but I can understand the concerns.
Bringing up Mason has absolutely nothing to do with "but he could turn out exactly like Mason did!" and everything to do with curbing enthusiasm.

It's like the position of of "cautious optimism" is impossible around here. When folks are cautious they refuse to be optimistic, and when they're optimistic they refuse to be cautious.

OldGoaltender

Jul 17, 2006
The Triad NC
Bringing up Mason has absolutely nothing to do with "but he could turn out exactly like Mason did!" and everything to do with curbing enthusiasm.

It's like the position of of "cautious optimism" is impossible around here. When folks are cautious they refuse to be optimistic, and when they're optimistic they refuse to be cautious.

I disagree Viqsi. Mason uses his size to cover the crease. Bob however, uses athleticism and speed to make saves. It's not so much tendencies that opposing teams can expose with Mason, such as "he favors the glove side." Bob recovers with speed and agility which can't be game planned.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I disagree Viqsi. Mason uses his size to cover the crease. Bob however, uses athleticism and speed to make saves. It's not so much tendencies that opposing teams can expose with Mason, such as "he favors the glove side." Bob recovers with speed and agility which can't be game planned.
For the third time, I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT DEVELOPMENT HISTORY OR GOALTENDING STYLES OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT.

I am merely saying that we have had experiences in which intelligent people making rational observations about players playing well have been fooled before, and so jumping to conclusions is not prudent.

Criminy. It's like people don't actually bother to read my posts; they just see the name "Viqsi" and say "oh, great, she must be being crazy again, let's set that ***** straight."

hip check

Go North.
Jan 21, 2010
Criminy. It's like people don't actually bother to read my posts; they just see the name "Viqsi" and say "oh, great, she must be being crazy again, let's set that ***** straight."

I always scan for the word "Howson" first before saying that. ;)

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I don't really read your posts, but would never call you a bad name

:laugh: (Just kidding of course??)

Seriously though, saying that Sergei Bobrovsky has done really well lately, "I'm sure he is going to swoon just like Mase" brings to mind an Eeyore outlook that makes this thread a Jacket classic. Mason's career is pretty tough to figure out, so lets just not make reference to it.

I am enjoying the hell out of watching a Blue Jacket goalie roam the crease and making flopping saves, diving back accross the net to stop the backside rebound. I love this guy he is worth the price of admission.

Was I happy that Toews & Cane made him look pedestrian,, yes and no - I wanted him to get the win that he clearly deserved.. but now that we will be in the East I nolonger have to feel guilty for rooting for my home town Hawks!!

Viqsi has shown me that a fan can actually love two teams in the same division:D

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I always scan for the word "Howson" first before saying that. ;)
trouble.gif
:laugh:

Timeless Winter

SaveD the Crew
Oct 13, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio

Why be optimistic about the worst NHL team the last 12 years??

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I don't understand the Mason comparisons. Bob has had a lot of success in other pro situations in the KHL and in Philly, Mason had one single season. Bob has a wealth of sample size of great play to back up his success. Mason was truly a one hit wonder.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Renegade cop now second in the league in Save Percentage. Bob is at .932, behind only Craig Anderson.

TheDrizzle81

Nov 13, 2008
Marlton NJ
forgot i started this thread haha. 1st im so disappointed to have to call you guys rivals, ive really loved following the jackets. 2nd im so happy to see bob playing so well. Not shocked at all hes shown flashes, but philadelphia sucks and gave up on him a year in. Well, now Ill get to see him shove it in our faces more now while we struggle with bryz!

If this team can find some scoring...

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
FlaggerX;61803455 Yeah, but I got two World Series trips from the Tribe.

65 years and counting. As a Tigers fan I'm not happy that we've lost in the series twice in the past seven years but if that makes you happy, I'm happy for you. At least I've seen the Tigers win twice in my lifetime. Hope you don't have to wait that much longer.

Winning is so much sweeter when it's a team you truly care about.

This.

And I'm gonna try to continue to keep an even keel here on Bob. The air will get out of the balloon eventually but he's been really good lately.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Candidate if he keeps this up. Don't know if he can win but if he keeps this up should be a real candidate for the finalists.

If he keeps this up, he will win. Hard to believe but we have the best goalie in the league right now, with the possible exceptions of Fasth and Anderson, who had insane runs earlier in the year and are now injured.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Gee, I wonder if Rick could motivate himself for that game. After all, it is not like playing for Canada in the Olympics.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad