Bob

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I don't see how you could/would do that. Really suggesting we put him in against the Kings, for example, with our playoff futures on the line? Don't think so.

I did say IF we need to sit Bob. He's had a heavy work load and this road trip could be a killer for him. I'm fine with Richards riding him like a rented mule for the rest of the season if he can hold up his stamina.

If he starts to show fatigue at the end of the Anaheim game, we really don't have a plan B for the LA game. I was merely stating that I'd much rather have McElhenny ready to go as a plan B for LA than to have to throw Leighton out there and pray.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
If we were going to sit Bob, it would have been last night. He's got to be ridden the rest of the way.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I did say IF we need to sit Bob. He's had a heavy work load and this road trip could be a killer for him. I'm fine with Richards riding him like a rented mule for the rest of the season if he can hold up his stamina.

If he starts to show fatigue at the end of the Anaheim game, we really don't have a plan B for the LA game. I was merely stating that I'd much rather have McElhenny ready to go as a plan B for LA than to have to throw Leighton out there and pray.
Leighton did help carry the Flyers all the way to the Finals that one time, y'know. :D

...oh, who am I kidding. He wouldn't even qualify as a mall security guard compared to the #1 Cop On The Force.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I did say IF we need to sit Bob.

Not that it matters in the slightest, how about this?

If some some odd reason we decided Bob needed a rest, I don't see how you could/would do that. Really suggesting we put him in against the Kings, for example, with our playoff futures on the line? Don't think so.

There your if is covered and I said the same thing.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Leighton did help carry the Flyers all the way to the Finals that one time, y'know. :D

...oh, who am I kidding. He wouldn't even qualify as a mall security guard compared to the #1 Cop On The Force.

I do remember that, but that was some time ago. My major issue with Leighton is that he has played a grand total of 3 games all year - 2 in the AHL and 1 sole game in the NHL where he got lit up for 5 goals. No matter how he looks in practice, it's hard to imagine he's in game-form. There is no chance Richards will put him in unless it's in relief in a game that is out of hand.

It kind of reminds me of the playoff year where we had Dubie backing up Mason for the final stretch run. Although Dubie got in a couple of games in back-to-backs, it was pretty clear that Hitch had very little confidence in him.

Anyways, it's all a moot point - it's clear that Richards is going to ride Bob to the end. Can't say I blame him, I was mainly raising the point that I'd rather have McElhenney backing up Bob instead of Leighton. But I would want McE to return to Springfield for their playoff run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->