Speculation: Bob McKenzie: MSL wants a trade and will only move to NYR

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Kypreos, who's been the guy who's been saying it looks like Marty will leave, just said the deal is picking up "no traction whatsoever."

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I wish just one guy would do their homework and see we're 3-7 in our last 10. The playoffs are no guarantee. If Marty gets traded, I hope they don't point to that as the reason why we don't make the playoffs.

Him demanding a trade as the captain with a bunch of young kids on the team hasn't helped during the slide that's for sure. Injuries and youth have been the issue mainly imo. Ben Bishop has done Herculean work keeping the team in it imo. The slide can be tied to our defense imo. Gudas in particular. He's been a different player. Prior to his knee being tweaked by O'Reilly sliding into it, he appeared to be playing hurt. Timid, scrambly and not confident. No swagger.

He's the only player in the D corps who made opponents take note of when he was on the ice. That's been missing for 2 months (including 3wk Olympic break).

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
We should concentrate on getting a piece or two that we can flip for someone like Edler!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Him demanding a trade as the captain with a bunch of young kids on the team hasn't helped during the slide that's for sure. Injuries and youth have been the issue mainly imo. Ben Bishop has done Herculean work keeping the team in it imo. The slide can be tied to our defense imo. Gudas in particular. He's been a different player. Prior to his knee being tweaked by O'Reilly sliding into it, he appeared to be playing hurt. Timid, scrambly and not confident. No swagger.

He's the only player in the D corps who made opponents take note of when he was on the ice. That's been missing for 2 months (including 3wk Olympic break).

Agreed

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I doubt Callahan is included with the offer as they're pretty close to re-signing him. I could totally be wrong, though.

I believe Callahan is a no-go. He wants to much money - don't think Yzerman will go for the rental.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Mark Spector ‏@SportsnetSpec 7m
Right now, price tag for Martin St. Louis too high for NYR's liking. Deal remains unlikely, unless price comes down.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I believe Callahan is a no-go. He wants to much money - don't think Yzerman will go for the rental.

Sounds like Yzerman is asking for Callahan as a throw-in on top of the actual deal. Hard to imagine NYR going for that, since they can probably get a good return for Cally as a rental elsewhere.

Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie 7m
Not quite stepping out on limb here but told it could go either way with Callahan. Tampa asking for young guys with Callahan for StLouis.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Yzerman prolly wants Girardi and Rangers don't want to part with him ... thats probably why deal won't get done.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Wonder how Marty is gonna react if he doesn't get traded.

:(

If he's gonna be an ass then maybe he can see how he likes being benched.

Let me add that in no way do I expect Marty to not be a professional. But, we obviously don't know him as well as we thought.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Wonder how Marty is gonna react if he doesn't get traded.

:(

He'll play great. While the rest of the team smiles nervously and avoids cameras.

But realistically, Stammer will inject a positive atmosphere, if nothing else, soon enough. Maybe he'll even brighten MSL's mood once MSL remembers what it's like to play with a 60 goal scorer.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
He'll play great. While the rest of the team smiles nervously and avoids cameras.

But realistically, Stammer will inject a positive atmosphere, if nothing else, soon enough. Maybe he'll even brighten MSL's mood once MSL remembers what it's like to play with a 60 goal scorer.

Let's hope so. Once upon a time I've had said all that, but he threw quite the snit-fit post Olympics.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Hope Yzerman holds his ground, I really don't want Callahan. At least in the off-season Callahan will have walked or Rangers are forced to sign him to an untradeable contract, taking him off the table.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I don't think he gets traded. Marty will lighten up. Why would you want to throw away years of greatness because you were snubbed on an Olympic team but still got to play and win a gold medal? Get over it.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL

Good point. I think Stamkos finally playing with the team now will change the overall morale of the team including Marty.

I'm always going to be a MSL fan, but it sucks that this is going to be a damper on what was basically a flawless run on how you'd want a career to go with the Bolts.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I don't think he gets traded. Marty will lighten up. Why would you want to throw away years of greatness because you were snubbed on an Olympic team but still got to play and win a gold medal? Get over it.

This isn't about just the two Olympic snubs. There's that + business + Marty's chip on his shoulder (which makes him great) + all of the other big paydays other players have gotten while he's sat by being the consummate "team guy".

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
ot, but Stamkos is cleared to play. The fact that it happens before a trade could effect things.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Stamkos is in tomorrow!

Maybe this will make Marty chew his lip and think a bit.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This isn't about just the two Olympic snubs. There's that + business + Marty's chip on his shoulder (which makes him great) + all of the other big paydays other players have gotten while he's sat by being the consummate "team guy".

I'm in this camp too. I think Marty, deep down, doesn't agree with Yzerman's Build For Tomorrow plan as well. I remember him being upset with Yzerman when Downie was traded. I think Marty wants to take a shot sooner rather than later.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
I'm in this camp too. I think Marty, deep down, doesn't agree with Yzerman's Build For Tomorrow plan as well. I remember him being upset with Yzerman when Downie was traded. I think Marty wants to take a shot sooner rather than later.

And that logic works quite well if the Rangers were closer to the Cup than the Lightning are. Problem is the Rangers are inconsistent, they suck at home, and they would also have to get past the probable Pittsburgh/Boston tag-team to get to the Cup, only then to face a Western superpower as well.

I like the Rangers; I like them a lot, actually. But they're in the same class as TB which is at least one class behind the elite. Not impossible, but a lot would have to break right for them.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'd be happy with McIllrath + Stralman + 1st for St. Louis + Salo. Not sure if we'd need to take more salary back or not. Stralman would be a replacement for Salo and McIllrath would bring that toughness we lack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad