Speculation: Bob McKenzie: MSL wants a trade and will only move to NYR

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
I'm just amazed that Yzerman's been working the Sochi phones so hard to get this deal done. :p

According to my sources (Rangers board) it's been a done deal for a while. Just needed the freeze to be over.

And of all people to get this mess started Boomer ****ing Esiason. Had no idea he was this deep into hockey rumordom.

Last edited by a moderator:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
According to my sources (Rangers board) it's been a done deal for a while. Just needed the freeze to be over.

And of all people to get this mess started Boomer ****ing Esiason. Had no idea he was this deep into hockey rumordom.

Apparently he called the Klein trade well in advance. He also said the player Callahan will be traded for brings a lot of grit, which isn't something MSL's noted for. I have no idea how that thread blew up with St. Louis rumors. The only guy I thought we had that fit the description was Killorn.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Apparently he called the Klein trade well in advance. He also said the player Callahan will be traded for brings a lot of grit, which isn't something MSL's noted for. I have no idea how that thread blew up with St. Louis rumors. The only guy I thought we had that fit the description was Killorn.

And even Killorn is nowhere near Callahan's physicality.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Wow - there seems to be some amazing speculation going on in NY right now.

I would ****ing fume if Yzerman traded Marty for ****ing Callahan, unless McDonagh is part of the package.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Boomer also called the lockout done. He is legit when calls things and is sports radio for NY and pretty much talks football a little and hockey.

The 21st he said marty marty marty in a good way. This is where the MSL stuff started. Or is coming off of.

I know who it is I think but have forgotten. He just played reunited by peaches and cream .

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Boomer also called the lockout done. He is legit when calls things and is sports radio for NY and pretty much talks football a little and hockey.

The 21st he said marty marty marty in a good way. This is where the MSL stuff started. Or is coming off of.

I know who it is I think but have forgotten. He just played reunited by peaches and cream .

Even Eklund has gotten a few right.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Don't think Boomer is wrong, and if it happens, it isn't because SY wants it to happen, its because MSL does.

See, that doesn't make sense to me either. If MSL demands a trade (doesn't make a ton of sense to do it now when the team has turned it around) Yzerman can say "no", or he can say "MSL is on the block" and listen to the ridiculous offers roll in from every playoff team in the league.

Marty definitely wants to be on a competitive team in the running for the Cup - how is that the Rangers?

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Don't think Boomer is wrong, and if it happens, it isn't because SY wants it to happen, its because MSL does.

Why?

Because of the initial Olympic snub? If everybody else in the world is smart enough to figure it was Babcock, wouldn't Marty be? And he is after all wearing gold this am. It's not like the Rangers are having a better season than the Lightning. And Stamkos is getting ready to come back. It's just weird that he would want out.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
I don't see the point why MSL would want out of town. Watching the Olympics it is pretty clear to me it wasn't Yzerman who left him off the roster. The coaches didn't use him cause they don't like what he offers. It wouldn't have made any sense from Yzerman to select MSL, just because he deserves to, while knowing he ain't play anyway.

I think this radio guy just having fun with his followers, because they trust him due to recent predicitions. Also if it would be serious, nobody would know about it.
NO media guy has ever heard of a deal involving Tampa before it was offical. Neither the Tampa guys nor from the other teams.
Hell the biggest (serious) speculation that actually happend was last trade deadline, when one reporter listed teams that have asked about the price of Bishop. But on that list was basically half the NHL.

Always when there comes any rumour up including the Lightning you know it doesn't happen.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 4m
NYR haven't, during OLY break, made any appreciable progress on new contracts for Ryan Callahan or Dan Girardi. Term still an issue on both.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m
That said, at this time, NYR don't have anything imminent in terms of trade for either guy. Expect it all to play out over 7 to 10 days

There we go.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
Unless MSL specifically demands a trade to the NYR (why?!!!) I don't see this happening. I'd sure hope we'd get more than a Callahan rental for him. Doesn't Boomer also say NYR is getting a pick? That'd be highway robbery for the Rangers.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Unless MSL specifically demands a trade to the NYR (why?!!!) I don't see this happening. I'd sure hope we'd get more than a Callahan rental for him. Doesn't Boomer also say NYR is getting a pick? That'd be highway robbery for the Rangers.

This. Also, Girardi had to be somehow involved for this to make any sense for us IMO.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Yeah, that's the big kicker that everyone's ignoring. He said there'd be a pick going NY's way.

I can't see Marty holding Yzerman over a barrel like that. Even if he did demand out, which I don't think he would, I can't see him forcing Yzerman's hand on a trade that could hurt the team for a couple of years.

bigbuffalo313

Apr 28, 2012
New York
Yeah, that's the big kicker that everyone's ignoring. He said there'd be a pick going NY's way.

I can't see Marty holding Yzerman over a barrel like that. Even if he did demand out, which I don't think he would, I can't see him forcing Yzerman's hand on a trade that could hurt the team for a couple of years.

I'm pretty sure he said a pick was involved. I don't think he said which way it was going

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'd trade St. Louis to NY but would want Kreider, Miller, McIllrath or Girardi as the center piece not Callahan. Maybe we can do a double swoop and send Purcell so its St. Louis + Purcell for Callahan + Girardi. D improves, more grit and we get Kucherov onto a scoring line.

Obviously

Dec 4, 2013
I haven't followed too closely, but was it confirmed that Callahan is the player leaving? If yes then no way this happens, but all of the "tweets" do point to MSL

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
I haven't followed too closely, but was it confirmed that Callahan is the player leaving? If yes then no way this happens, but all of the "tweets" do point to MSL

If you believe it anyway. Apparently he's very highly respected and he's not going to risk anything for a troll job, but he could simply be misinformed or could be making assumptions based on tidbits that he's heard.

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
i can't believe if marty were to leave tampa bay. they would have no one left for the 2004 stanley cup and it just be awkward. I doubt its true and hopefully all false marty should retire as a lightning completely

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
I'm calling BS on this one. Makes no sense for Louis to want to go anywhere. The team is playing well, Stammers coming back, and Callahan aint near enough for him. If it were Callahan and McDonagh or Girardi for Louis + it might make a little more since for us to do, but I don't believe this one bit.

I think people are mis understanding whats going on.

LORENZO

Jan 1, 2014
Don't worry guys, this aint happening.

And if it does, at least you lot will have loads of sale MSL merch to help you reminisce.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
It's gonna be for Panik + pick. The tweets said Olympian and all star which he fits both. Also said no long contract and Panik is an RFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->