Speculation: Bob McKenzie: MSL wants a trade and will only move to NYR

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
And that logic works quite well if the Rangers were closer to the Cup than the Lightning are. Problem is the Rangers are inconsistent, they suck at home, and they would also have to get past the probable Pittsburgh/Boston tag-team to get to the Cup, only then to face a Western superpower as well.

I like the Rangers; I like them a lot, actually. But they're in the same class as TB which is at least one class behind the elite. Not impossible, but a lot would have to break right for them.

I think our team philosophy is part of why he wants out, but he's not necessarily looking for a perfect philosophy to fit into. New York is just where he'd prefer to be. I just think the problems with Yzerman are also routed in how he's built the team, which has been pretty cold-blooded and patient.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If we HAD to do this deal, would you guys want a 1st this year or next? We're in no hurry for prospects and reports are saying next year's a better class.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Dave Maloney on Sportsnet radio talking St. Louis. Thinks it won't happen.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
If we HAD to do this deal, would you guys want a 1st this year or next? We're in no hurry for prospects and reports are saying next year's a better class.

I guess this year. It really makes no difference to me because I have tremendous faith in our scouts to pick a good one no matter what the possible talent level is.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I guess this year. It really makes no difference to me because I have tremendous faith in our scouts to pick a good one no matter what the possible talent level is.

Yeah, but the best player available is still going to be the best player available. Odds are the best player available at 14-22 (wherever we end up) will be better next year than this.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
None of that replaces 60+ points and 25-35goals/yr.

We aren't getting fair value for him if we trade him. It's better then losing him for nothing after next season. We have Stamkos back to help the offense and Stralman is better then Salo right now to help the D. McIllrath is a massive kid who's nasty and a 1st is always nice.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
We aren't getting fair value for him if we trade him. It's better then losing him for nothing after next season. We have Stamkos back to help the offense and Stralman is better then Salo right now to help the D. McIllrath is a massive kid who's nasty and a 1st is always nice.

Keep him, work on trading him before the draft. You get rid of him now you can almost guarantee not making the playoffs or exiting early. It's conceivable we miss the playoffs with him in the lineup as well though because our D is shallow and banged up.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Q: Does Marty's NMC expire after this year? I've been trying to find info on it and can't.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Ugh, Bob McKenzie is killing me.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 51s

Hearing Marty St. Louis to NYR has really ramped up and may be much closer to reality. Stay tuned. #Tradecentre

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightning/lightning-mulling-rangers-offer-for-marty-st-louis/2168628
"I don't know," Lightning center Steven Stamkos said. "I'm obviously just as anxious as everyone here to see what plays out."
"Marty is more than a teammate to me," Stamkos said. "He's one of my closest friends and mentors. Whatever happens today I'm going to support him as a freind. Do I know what's going to happen? Honestly I don't."

Stamkos said he is confident of St. Louis' commitment to Tampa Bay if he ultimately stays.

"If Marty is with our team it's because he wants to be, and he's our leader and he's our captain," Stamkos said. "We'll see what happens after today. This may play out to be absolutely nothing. It's kind of a wait and see thing now."

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m
Hearing Marty St. Louis to NYR has really ramped up and may be much closer to reality. Stay tuned. #Tradecentre

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
I think our team philosophy is part of why he wants out, but he's not necessarily looking for a perfect philosophy to fit into. New York is just where he'd prefer to be. I just think the problems with Yzerman are also routed in how he's built the team, which has been pretty cold-blooded and patient.

Yes, but part of this was out of Yzerman's control. I don't need to explain this to anyone here, but he inherited a total mess, and decisions such as compliance buying out Lecavalier wasn't so much a choice as much as it was trying to keep the franchise from being boned.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If we get Callahan + picks for the best player in this franchise's history, MSL is going to be on my most-hated players of all time list. I can't believe this.

2 Weekes Notice

Apr 10, 2012
Non-traditional Land
Really want New York to go get us something nice (like Adam Larsson) or give us the ammo to go get something nice (like Adam Larsson) before the deadline is up. I would want some piece to hang my hat on if we parted ways with MSL. Wishful thinking I guess.

I suppose if we got a pile of picks, we could try to cash them in at the draft, but I just don't feel the need to restock the farm right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->