Speculation: Bob McKenzie: MSL wants a trade and will only move to NYR

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
My understanding was that next season his NMC expires (?), so it would make sense that he has some concerns about where he might end up if he doesn't push now.

You might be right. I can't find anything on it. I'm sure someone here will let us know (please).

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Good, would it be possible to be one of your patient, them doctors in canada are brutal. I have to drive from Montreal to Vicroria bc to get my medical done every years. So is that yes or did. I misunderstand again

Lol wut?

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
I've always been a fan of smaller players getting a chance and proving people wrong. I love it.

However, this reveals MSL' true character. It's so petty, so childish/immature and ridiculous.

I don't care how much of a fan I was of someone before, if they pulled this stunt, I'd lose all respect for them.

MSL had a choice in how he handled the whole Olympic team thing and he chose a completely selfish and classless way.

Funny I would of thought exactly the opposite. Could you please tell me what was said when Marty and Yzerman sat together when he became the GM and had left Marty off the Canadian team in 2010.

Marty has done everything he possibly could for the Lightning and now he had enough and wants to do something for him and we can't possibly accept it because he his not doing something we want.

He has never gotten the respect he deserves here in Tampa. Never was he the top guy at the bank but sure was at the end of the years when the points where counted.

After reading a lot of the post, I can see that it wasn't real respect you lightning fans had toward Marty.

Just curious Boomer if you realise the original post you quoted and responded too is not even a Lightning fan. JamieG is a St Louis fan but of the Blues variety. Using anything he says as a general baromiter of how Lightning fans feel, especially here on HF is where you made a mistake.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Not sure how many of you aren't members of boltprospects.com, but one of the best posts I've read about the MSL situation comes from Pete over there.

http://boltprospects.com/forum/showpost.php?p=163324&postcount=393

literally said this earlier in this very thread and got like five robert guess posts about how ridiculous it was.

form now on, i shall retreat into my chrysalis and emerge a more advanced form, capable of only posting non-sequitors and vague insults again.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
literally said this earlier in this very thread and got like five robert guess posts about how ridiculous it was.

form now on, i shall retreat into my chrysalis and emerge a more advanced form, capable of only posting non-sequitors and vague insults again.

I hope I havent offended you MR GUYOVICH. If I have I apologize.

NOW FOR OUR BOARD: ok first and foremost? This person? This blog person said this on facebook and didnt realize that marty couldnt negotiate till next year at first. So I would take this with a huge grain of salt.

You do realize this guy is saying that marty went to stevie and demanded an extension?

Even though he cannot do that the extension thing at this time?

I MEAN JEEZ No rant here just use some common sense people.

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
Robert, you must not know Pete.. he is one of the best in the biz when it comes to the TBL. He fully understands that Marty can't ask for an extension at this moment. He is eluding to that fact that Marty is worried about what happens AFTER this season. When he is indeed eligible for a contract extension. Marty is trying to control the situation now, when he still holds some power in the situation. Possibly a gentleman's agreement if you will.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
I hope I havent offended you MR GUYOVICH. If I have I apologize.

NOW FOR OUR BOARD: ok first and foremost? This person? This blog person said this on facebook and didnt realize that marty couldnt negotiate till next year at first. So I would take this with a huge grain of salt.

You do realize this guy is saying that marty went to stevie and demanded an extension?

Even though he cannot do that the extension thing at this time?

I MEAN JEEZ No rant here just use some common sense people.

i didnt read your post, but no, this wasnt a shot across your bow. we tight bro. im mostly just bragging about how i said it first and i am so smart and great.

also, i read and comprehended your post about the extension request, and i also made the same argument that pete at BP made, and still i was derided, and that stung a little.

id like to post seriously here more often, without looking at the retorts and thinking "please don't degrade yourself like this again" but im pretty sure no one reads my posts and is just thinking about the next "trade purcell" zinging post they're going to make.

Obviously

Dec 4, 2013
i didnt read your post, but no, this wasnt a shot across your bow. we tight bro. im mostly just bragging about how i said it first and i am so smart and great.

also, i read and comprehended your post about the extension request, and i also made the same argument that pete at BP made, and still i was derided, and that stung a little.

id like to post seriously here more often, without looking at the retorts and thinking "please don't degrade yourself like this again" but im pretty sure no one reads my posts and is just thinking about the next "trade purcell" zinging post they're going to make.

I completely agree, Purcell needs to go right now

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

It's just the ugly truth about forums. But there's still good conversation underneath that kind of thing.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Robert, you must not know Pete.. he is one of the best in the biz when it comes to the TBL. He fully understands that Marty can't ask for an extension at this moment. He is eluding to that fact that Marty is worried about what happens AFTER this season. When he is indeed eligible for a contract extension. Marty is trying to control the situation now, when he still holds some power in the situation. Possibly a gentleman's agreement if you will.

EDIT HAVE ERASED WHAT WROTE TO STOP ANY CONFUSION

APOLOGIZE FOR MISREPESENTATION OR BAD INFORMATION TO BOLT PROSPECT PETE AND FORUM MEMBERS

wasnt pete was dan on another site that blogs

I didnt get the bolt prospect thing so apologize and delete all ive said.

Last edited:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

If have time I read every post I can from everyone:)

I personally don't believe Steve would have dealt with Marty at this time. I do not understand why Marty would go to Steve on a new contract.

I get the Snub. I get checking your future plan with the team having Drouin coming etc. Yet the contract stuff I do not really get. I would assume Steve will deal with Marty and give him what he wants as long as Marty says he will go.

Now that he asked for a trade maybe a lot more has happened but this is the snub to me plain and simple. Marty wants to be a bolt Steve will sign him fairly and move forward. Is a no brainer if he keeps playing at this level.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Hes on my facebook I do not agree. He does now maybe he had a brain fart so to speak on the situation of Marty being able to discuss a new contract, hell maybe he was drunk? He didnt say it like that to me PERSONALLY when we spoke. He flat out said what I said and he didnt realize he couldnt do anything at that moment cause I called him on it. I dont make up stuff to hear myself Greg I am sorry you can try to protect your friend but unless he edited the text I can pull it.

Well spoke to the other party of the conversation and he remembers it same with me but that conversation is now gone? Deleted? Like wasnt there know what body of text it is in and the rest of the stuff is there but the marty discussion trade cba stuff is gone. Kinda weird?

Everyone has opinions but ask yourself would Marty after all he has done undermine the team during a playoff push to air a grievance of a future contract where he cannot do anything about it at that time and the man in charge cannot do anything about it at this time?

To me that sounds nothing like Marty. SNUB YES New contract to me is I would think Marty would have had better things to do at that time.

Now IN ALL FAIRNESS will say Dan is usually very level headed there is a group of guys on the trade board for facebook that share the account or whatever. There is Dan Brooks Jim not sure if others but think is at least one. Now maybe was Brooks saying things and saying was Dan? Wasn't Jim I know when I am talking to Jim honestly.

Someone else might have said those things. One of the others could have been saying this but me and my friend were sure was Dan. Now Dan edits things at times this whole conversation is erased just went through it all. The surrounding the CBA aspect is gone the Marty talk of new contract being part of speculation is gone. I agreed could be part of reason why he might want to move on. I have said something similar on facebook. But the person we were talking to flat out didnt understand that Marty could not do a contract at that time and steve couldnt do that.

Last time Dan was talking about Marty before this was to straighten out some things on the original movement details. The original talks and stop some of the bad rumors that were circulating about the 27th. I agree that Dan should have known the new CBA and that Marty couldnt do a deal at that time.

So maybe was someone else we were thinking was Dan? Not following Dans exact words maybe just throwing this stuff up there this weekend who doesn't know enough on new CBA etc.

What is odd is the text is all gone. The part of the conversation dealing with this is erased.

The article/post basically says there's some tampering going on, and no one's playing things to the letter of the CBA. It makes a lot of sense that the snub was sort of the straw that broke the camel's back for Marty (I vividly remember him being upset when Steve Downie was traded). I don't see how there's NO WAY Marty's not already thinking about his next contract, and doesn't want to go year-by-year, and knows that NYR would offer him better term than we'd be willing to.

No one's going to hit this situation on the nose from where we're sitting. It's all guess-work. But I think this theory is easily as plausible as "He's pissed off about the Olympics and now he's going to screw the Lightning over."

A question from earlier though: Does Marty's full NMC last through the whole contract? Or do we have more flexibility to move him next year?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I see nothing regarding MSL rumors on the Boltprospects FB page.

MUD FACE I OWN IT. I was told was boltprospects dan and is not the same guy.

That is embarrassing but you learn something daily.

I had to verify with my own internal source of lightning lol ASSUMPTION is the root of evil haha.

SO I APOLOGIZE still dont agree with his stance much. But is not same guy so made azz of self here sure wont be last time:)

AINT EVEN SURE IS A DAN ON BOLT PROSPECTS? lol what a confusion by me kinda funny but sad.

I was told Dan was part of that which he is not. And was just bad data.

Saw bolt prospect started reading same thing we discussed so he probably knows someone and listened to them and screwed it up ran with it incorrectly covered it up etc. \\\ or without all the data so whatever.

AS SAY APOLOGIZE TO PETE and to my fellow bolt fans here and to all of bolt prospects.

Last edited:

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Sad part is this is second time in my first year here I mistakenly questioned bolt prospects.

So if they want to throw TOMATOES at me one day I am fine with that:)

Or they can just ridicule me like I have seen them do others that deserved it.

OHHH THE SHAME>

tomato.gif

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
i went on BP forums one time and there was like a 20 page thread on how we need to sign a legitimate enforcer and how the instigator rule is killing the NHL and i closed my eyes immediately, but the horrible words seared through my eyelids and i saw afterimages for days.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 1m
#Rangers and Callahan trying to close the gap on a new 6 yr deal. They continue to exchange proposals today.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
i went on BP forums one time and there was like a 20 page thread on how we need to sign a legitimate enforcer and how the instigator rule is killing the NHL and i closed my eyes immediately, but the horrible words seared through my eyelids and i saw afterimages for days.

Those people are laughed at btw, in those 20pages I can guarantee you there were maybe 3 or 4 posters advocating for the hiring of a goon.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Those people are laughed at btw, in those 20pages I can guarantee you there were maybe 3 or 4 posters advocating for the hiring of a goon.

This. There will always be those wanting goons and more fighting but the vast majority over at BP want players who actually play hockey.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
i like the boltprospects as a whole, i read all their facebook posts, but i dont like the forums.

mostly thats because i cant just go there and read through my own post history, like i do when im on here.

briant2003

Mar 23, 2013
Msl

I for one do not understand why TB Lightning Fans think MSL is so great??? He is good offensive player- but sucks on defense.
The only year MSL did good on defense was 2004- Stanley Cup Year.

MSL lifetime (+/-)

MSL is decent but certainly not the Overall Rounded player on both Offense and Defense that it takes to win night after night.

MSL Career (972 points) / +28 points = 2.8 scoring differential.

That means out of the 972 MSL scores- MSL is on the Ice for 944 of the opponent scores.

That is below average for a RW.

Compare other RW Score Differential to MSL:
T Saleene is a 6.1
J Inglina is a 6.1
S Crosby is 15.72
J Jagr is 17.2
M Hossa is 21.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad