Speculation: Bob McKenzie: MSL wants a trade and will only move to NYR

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I for one do not understand why TB Lightning Fans think MSL is so great??? He is good offensive player- but sucks on defense.
The only year MSL did good on defense was 2004- Stanley Cup Year.

MSL lifetime (+/-)

MSL is decent but certainly not the Overall Rounded player on both Offense and Defense that it takes to win night after night.

MSL Career (972 points) / +28 points = 2.8 scoring differential.

That means out of the 972 MSL scores- MSL is on the Ice for 944 of the opponent scores.

That is below average for a RW.

Compare other RW Score Differential to MSL:
T Saleene is a 6.1
J Inglina is a 6.1
S Crosby is 15.72
J Jagr is 17.2
M Hossa is 21.2
You have no idea what you're talking about. Why we think he's so great? I'm pretty sure the majority of people agree that he's headed for the hall of fame when he's done playing. He has not been a good offensive player, he's been a great one. How can anyone say he didn't have what it took to win night after night. Look at his career, all he's done is win. Stanley Cup, World Cup, Olympic gold, MVPs, Allstar selections, Hart tropheys, clutch and important playoff goals, set up 2 different Rocket Richard winners, ....the list goes on and on.

Also, I don't think you know how +/- works because your counting shorthanded and powerplay points. Also the +/- argument is so flawed. You know who Marty shares that 04 +/- award with? Marek Malik. Yes, so Marek Malik has won the same award as Lemieux and Gretzky.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
You have no idea what you're talking about. Why we think he's so great? I'm pretty sure the majority of people agree that he's headed for the hall of fame when he's done playing. He has not been a good offensive player, he's been a great one. How can anyone say he didn't have what it took to win night after night. Look at his career, all he's done is win. Stanley Cup, World Cup, Olympic gold, MVPs, Allstar selections, Hart tropheys, clutch and important playoff goals, set up 2 different Rocket Richard winners, ....the list goes on and on.

Also, I don't think you know how +/- works because your counting shorthanded and powerplay points. Also the +/- argument is so flawed. You know who Marty shares that 04 +/- award with? Marek Malik. Yes, so Marek Malik has won the same award as Lemieux and Gretzky.

Come on man, everyone knows that Saleene, Inglina, and Crosby are the greatest wingers of all-time. Marty can't even compete.

Also, I'm not exactly sure how 972 divided by 28 is 2.8. Care to walk me through the math here?

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Come on man, everyone knows that Saleene, Inglina, and Crosby are the greatest wingers of all-time. Marty can't even compete.

Also, I'm not exactly sure how 972 divided by 28 is 2.8. Care to walk me through the math here?

Well first you have to start off with the correct amount of career points (973 not 972) and the correct +/- (+24 not 28) :laugh:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I for one do not understand why TB Lightning Fans think MSL is so great??? He is good offensive player- but sucks on defense.
The only year MSL did good on defense was 2004- Stanley Cup Year.

MSL lifetime (+/-)

MSL is decent but certainly not the Overall Rounded player on both Offense and Defense that it takes to win night after night.

MSL Career (972 points) / +28 points = 2.8 scoring differential.

That means out of the 972 MSL scores- MSL is on the Ice for 944 of the opponent scores.

That is below average for a RW.

Compare other RW Score Differential to MSL:
T Saleene is a 6.1
J Inglina is a 6.1
S Crosby is 15.72
J Jagr is 17.2
M Hossa is 21.2

This thread has gone from sad to sad in different ways. :shakehead

Last edited:

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I feel like a Jr high math teacher looking through a students work and trying to figure out how the **** he got his answer.

I'm still trying to figure out how he divided 972 by 28 and got 2.8 as well. I mean...have I been mathing wrong this whole time?

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/441197015070822400

Dialogue between NYR and TB on Marty St. Louis trade is continuing. No guarantee it gets done but still a possibility. #TSN #Tradecentre

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/441197502528643073

Multiple draft picks included in the bid for St Louis, including a 1st round pick. Rangers are getting creative in the quest

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/441198351799685121

Also hearing St Louis is expected to encourage the trade to NYR today. Not sure if that impacts Yzerman's decision.

After last night and now that it seems pretty clear we wouldn't be getting Callahan I'm fine if this happens.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
McKenzie just said NYR is working hard to get this done. Offering a number of picks and possibly Callahan as a throw-in. He also, you'll be thankful to hear, said he doesn't believe Tampa has any interest in 6x6 for Cally.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
At this point I'm just indifferent on this whole MSL trade. Just want to see what ends up happening, but if he leaves I almost won't even mind - which is sad to say..

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If Marty's really going to personally make a push for this deal today (as reported by Dreger), that says to me that there's some sort of minor tampering going on from NYR. And, if it is true, there's no more reason why we shouldn't want Marty gone. That's just gross.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
If Marty's really going to personally make a push for this deal today (as reported by Dreger), that says to me that there's some sort of minor tampering going on from NYR. And, if it is true, there's no more reason why we shouldn't want Marty gone. That's just gross.

well bottom line seems is they are really upping the anti so if that is the case it is what it is. I still say he is a bolt after today. A first from rangers is a lot more than the past I would assume so whatever though.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
At this point I'm just indifferent on this whole MSL trade. Just want to see what ends up happening, but if he leaves I almost won't even mind - which is sad to say..

If it's hard on us knowing he wants out, what is it doing to his teammates? I never thought I would say this, but yeah, we're better off without Marty St. Louis now.*

*still hoping I'm wrong and he's changed his mind and we're reading a whole bunch of stuff into things that aren't there*

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If it's hard on us knowing he wants out, what is it doing to his teammates? I never thought I would say this, but yeah, we're better off without Marty St. Louis now.*

*still hoping I'm wrong and he's changed his mind and we're reading a whole bunch of stuff into things that aren't there*

It's such a weird boat to be in, but I think we're all in it with you. We all sort of believe this thing (Marty is hurting the team) and we're all hoping to be proven wrong. I would welcome some egg on my face for some of my statements throughout this thing.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 1m
#Lightning ask from #Rangers remains extremely high 4 Marty St Louis. Probability is he finishes yr out in TB, Yzerman revisits @ #NHL draft

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
No one on TSN is aware that we're struggling lately.

ADD: Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO 2m
It's getting real “@JSportsnet: Rangers have put an offer in on Martin St.Louis. Really up to Yzerman and St.Louis if there is any traction

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
ChickenParm droppin honest opinion on the Tradecentre. Saying Yzerman shouldn't trade him because the season would be over if he does. Told Marty to put on the big boy pants and quit being a baby.

LOL.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I wish just one guy would do their homework and see we're 3-7 in our last 10. The playoffs are no guarantee. If Marty gets traded, I hope they don't point to that as the reason why we don't make the playoffs.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Melrose says Yzerman shouldn't trade him. FWIW.

I've been reduced to hoping SFY can make Glen Sather look stupid.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
How sad is it that 91/26 might have played their last game together on Nov. 11 in Boston. And Marty might leave THE DAY BEFORE Stamkos gets back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad